Chapter 13

Bickering Love

Chapter 13

It’s the day they have to go for the live-in photo shoot. It was decided to use Calvin’s family vacation house.

“It feels like excursion” (Jiro commented) “My lovely Selina, why don’t you ride in my car, so we can be together. I know the way there, we have some stopped over to enjoy the sceneries” (Jiro dreamily said)

(Selina hits Jiro) “Stop being a nuisance, Jiro. The four of you will be riding in the service van. I’ll go with Hebe” (Hebe has been Selina’s friend since Calvin and Hebe started dating. Hebe’s also an artist. They have invited her for two days to do some photo shoot with the group and with Calvin since they will be collaborating for a song in the next album, the one Calvin made for her)

“I have my car” (Calvin informed. The couple’s standing together, embracing) “Hebe’s going with me. Someone’s going to pick her up after two days” (Calvin added happily)

“Then, we can join them. Double date!” (Jiro said, holding Selina’s hand. Selina hits Jiro again)

“You can join me Selina, I have my own car” (Ella offered)

“Is Gui Gui not coming?” (Selina asked, they’re used of seeing Gui Gui)

“They’re busy preparing for the company’s anniversary. Uncle probably won’t allow her this time” (Ella answered)

“She surely found her ways” (Aaron said when he saw Gui Gui going out of the car)

“Hello!” (Gui Gui happily greets them)

“I thought…” (Ella started)

“Uncle went to Shanghai, he’ll be back after two days” (Gui Gui immediately explained to her sister) “Uh, you’re Hebe. Hello!” (Gui Gui said when she noticed Hebe)

“Hello!”(Hebe smiled) “I heard so much about you. Calvin adores you so much. You’re really cute”

“Miss Selina, Darwin and Mike (members of the crew) are still talking to Director Hu” (one staff informed Selina)

“We can leave, Aaron brought his car, and I and Jiro could ride with him” (Chun suggested)

“Let the crew follow, we won’t be working immediately when we arrive anyway. At least we can have some time to enjoy ourselves” (Calvin agreed to Chun)
***

“I’m hungry” (Gui Gui complained. They’re all gathered in the living room, tired. They have spent the day touring around. The crew won’t be arriving anymore, they’ll be arriving tomorrow. The crew they were waiting finished the meeting late in the afternoon and when they’re on their way, the van broke down)

“Who’s going to prepare the meals?” (Hebe asked)

“That’s the girls’ duty” (Aaron said)

“That’s unfair!” (Gui Gui protested)

“Why don’t we make this fair by playing a game, the losing team will cook” (Ella suggested)

“Let’s play rock-scissor-paper” (Selina suggested. Everyone look at her)

“That’s too childish!” (Chun protested)

“It’s alright my Selina, we can play by ourselves”
(Selina throws a pillow at Jiro)

“There’s a basketball court outside” (Calvin suddenly suggested)

“Girls vs. Boys” (Jiro wickedly recommended)

“That’s unfair!” (Selina protested)

“You can just join us, you can be our team’s flower, so when the girls lose, you still don’t need to tire yourself” (Jiro said to Selina. Jiro laughs devilishly, Selina throws another pillow)

“Alright!” (Ella agrees) “Prepare yourself to serve us our meals!” (Ella declared, Chun was surprised)

“Right!” (Hebe and Gui Gui agree. Hebe who’s lying beside Calvin on the sofa stands up and stands beside Ella)

“Calvin, be the referee” (Hebe said before whispering to the girls) “He played best among them”

“But, he might favor the boys” (Gui Gui whispered back to Selina) “Selina, be the referee as well”

“Three on Three then, why don’t you just cook than tire yourself more” (Aaron said smugly)

“Let’s go!” (Chun added)

(They guys were surprised that Ella and Gui Gui can play basketball, they know Calvin had taught Hebe. Ella, Gui Gui and their father used to play when their father was still alive. Jerry also loves basketball and used to play with Ella in their University. On the first half the boys are advantageous of four points. But on the second half it was a close fight. It was the last thirty second. Ella has the ball aiming for the three points shot)

“Go, Sister!” (Gui Gui cheered. Selina’s also cheering outside)

“You can do it, Ella” (Hebe encouraged her. Ella lifted her feet and released the ball. She made it. The boys tiredly sit on the ground, shaking their heads while watching at the girls jumping with joy)

“Faster! Faster!” (Gui Gui playfully chimed her spoon and fork. The girls laugh. The boys started to serve the food)

“What are these?” (Hebe exclaimed, Gui Gui, Ella and Selina look at the food dejectedly. The rice’s burnt, the soup looks inedible, out of the three main dishes, only one looks appetizing enough, one is burnt as well, the other is underdone, and the dessert looks disgusting. Out of the four, Jiro and Chun know how to cook, but since Jiro’s thinking about Selina, the dish was burnt. Chun’s dish the only one that looks palatable)

“Aiyo! I’m really hungry” (Ella complained)

(Hebe sighs. The boys just bow their heads) “Just as I thought” (Everybody looks sadly at the table)

“Alright! Let us prepare again” (Selina suggested. Ella quickly stands up to go to the kitchen when Gui Gui pulls her)

“We can't let her!” (Gui Gui protested. Everyone looks at them curiously) “You think, she knows everything, but she doesn’t know how to cook. She only knows how to eat, she’ll eat the food raw or she’ll burnt everything inside” (Gui Gui explained exaggeratedly before running away from Ella

“Gui Gui!” (Ella protested running after Gui Gui. All of them ended up in the kitchen, fooling around while cooking. It was very late that night when they were able to eat their dinner, everyone went to bed with a smile)
***

Chun wakes up early to jog; he’s going out when he saw Ella drinking coffee.

“You’re early” (Chun commented)

“I’m an early riser, I’m used to, I travelled a lot and I need to wake up early. Want some coffee?” (Ella offered)

(Chun looks at Ella’s mug) “Are you sure I’m not going to have an upset stomach after?” (Chun teased)

“Hey! Don’t you know that this is the world’s greatest coffee?” (Ella answered)

“Really? So you knew something to do at the kitchen except burning everything in there” (Chun eyed Ella suspiciously,
she’s worst than Aaron and Calvin in the kitchen, he witnessed that last night)

“Right! Try it! (Ella urged Chun)

(Chun took a sip) “Aiyo! it’s an instant coffee!” (Chun protested)

“That’s why I said it’s the greatest coffee, you can find it everywhere, you can bring it anywhere and you can drink it anytime” (Ella laughs and head outs waving at Chun. They jogged together”
***

Gui Gui wakes up and smiled. She sneaks at the bathroom assigned for the boys. She knows that Chun’s an early riser. Aaron wakes up feeling hot and decided to take an early cold bath.

“I’m going to see Chun topless” (Gui Gui giggles to herself. She’s almost at the bathroom door when she slipped a little. She sits and checked her ankle when the bathroom door opens; showing Aaron sopping body, water still’s dripping from his hair)
***