one

oneshot samo

“Momo, we’re best friends, right?”Sana always ask the same question whenever she needs something from Momo. From assignments to favors to eating something she’s craving at the moment, she’d use the line over and over again. Sana thinks the entire concept is irrational.

 

“Yeah, of course we are, Sana.” The latter replies, turning the page of her book. She doesn’t look at the brown eyes staring at her; She knows her heart will clench more than it already does.

 

She’s not satisfied with the term ‘best friend’ when it comes to Sana. She wants more than just playful nudges and an arm around her shoulder. She wants Sana to hold her hand, to pull her in her arms and to kiss her tenderly. She wants Sana to love her.

 

“So, will you tell me who your crush is?”

 

“Sana, really. What are you? 5?”

 

Sana’s shy smile almost tore Momo’s perfect poker face, cracking a smile of her own that’s only for Sana.

 

“Okay then.”  The younger’s change of tone scares her. Momo’s stare became more intense, a serious look she doesn’t get everyday. “Are you in love?"

 

The older hesitates for a minute (a little longer than a minute) but she decides to answer the question with a nod because at the moment, no words can fit her feelings for Sana.

 

"With whom?” 

 

Momo closed her book and took a deep breath. She turns to Sana with a small smile. and glances the way the latter does–sincere and willing.

 

“With my best friend."