Sidestory 1: DubChaeng/Chaeda

Partners

Side Story: DubChaeng/ChaeDa

I’ve decided to make short one-shot side stories for the other couples, because I haven’t really focused on them. Also because a part of me doesn't want to finish this series just yet haha.The stories will be happenings that happened in between some of the things that happened in the story that I haven’t elaborated on. Right now I only have 1 side story for each couple in mind but I might make more depending on how it goes. First up is Chaeda<3

Satzu and 2yeon stories are after the kidnapping incident but I’ve decided to make DubChaeng’s before the incident.

It was another ordinary day of work for everyone in division 1. All the police detectives with their respective partners, working on their case. Except for Momo and Mina that is. They were always together but at the same time, apart from each other. Momo was being cold to Mina as usual and Mina seemed to mind her own business and concentrated only on her work so the two barely had a conversation. While Dahyun and Chaeyoung on the other hand were always talking to each other, earning a stern glare from Jihyo once in a while.

The two really hit off after becoming partners. Their compatibility was no joke. Although they didn’t solve as many cases as Hirai and Myoui pair (no one did) they still did pretty well, despite Dahyun being only in the department for one year and Chaeyoung just started this year. In fact they became so close that even on their days off, they would be spending their time together. Sometimes, the others would hang out with them as well, but the two of them would still find time to hang out with each other. Soon from becoming reliable partners, to best friends, the two had developed a feeling much deeper for each other, love. Both of them knew it was growing inside them and the feelings they had for each other, but were afraid to take the one step further into their relationship. Not wanting to break the friendship they shared over the past 6 months.

Or at least Chaeyoung thought so. Dahyun on the other hand ever since realizing her feelings for the younger girl, wanted to deepen the relationship. But she knew Chaeyoung didn’t want to just yet so she decided to wait. She talked to the usual crew about how she should ask her. Doyoung, Jihyo, and Jeongyeon said to do it when the feeling is just right while, the others told her to prepare an event or ask her on a special occasion. Momo just kept shut the whole time as usual. Dahyun was listening to both sides and they both had its positives and negatives. She decided to prepare an event, because she wanted to make the moment special for the both of them.

Dahyun decided that she would ask Chaeyoung to be her girlfriend for their 6 month anniversary of becoming partners. She knew that Chaeyoung was still not sure about their relationship going to another step so it was a risk that she’s asking her but Dahyun didn’t want to wait any longer. She knew it was selfish of herself to think that way but she wanted Chaeyoung to be more than just a friend or a partner.

She first had to make sure that Chaeyoung or she had any plans or extra shifts of work for that day before she prepared anything though. Once she made sure that both of their schedules were open, she had to ask Chaeyoung to keep that day open for dinner. Chaeyoung immediately agreed but when Dahyun told her to wear something nice because they were going to a nice place, she scrunched her face in confusion, worrying Dahyun.

“Oh, no did she think I’m asking her on a date or something? Well technically I am but… I hope she doesn’t feel uncomfortable about it.” Dahyun thought. She was panicking on the inside too much so she accidentally blurted out:

“It’s for our 6 month anniversary as partners!! Uh… I thought it would be nice if we can celebrate it.”

“That’s cute. I didn’t know you were that kind of a person.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“I-I can be when I want to. I have to go turn in these files to the security department so see ya later.” Dahyun stuttered and scurried out of the hallway they were standing in.

“She’s so cute when she’s nervous! It was also so cute that she tried to hide the fact she’s asking me on a date. I think my head is going to explode….” Chaeyoung thought. She shook her head to get rid of her thoughts. She needed to concentrate on her work.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun both returned to division 1’s office. The two of them at their desks were not concentrating at all. Both of them smiling and their heads in the clouds. Everyone in division 1 pretty much knew that something good had probably happened between the 2 and let them be. Except for Inspector Megure because he needed the documents the 2 were working on by tomorrow.

“Kim-kun, Son-kun, are the documents ready yet?” Inspector Megure asked clearing his throat.

“S-Sorry we’re almost done sir!” the two of them replied at the same time making everyone laugh. The two turned red from embarrassment and hurried to finish the documents they were working on.

Ever since then Dahyun and Chaeyoung were awkward and nervous with each other. Of course, their friends noticed immediately and decided to help them before the big day. Since it would be a waste if they remained awkward on a day that’s supposed to be celebratory. The two were called into the conference room next to their division office. Dahyun was already in the room when Chaeyoung knocked and came inside.

“Da-Dahyun senpai? Did you get called by Jihyo senpai too?”

“Yeah… Come in instead of standing in the door way.” Dahyun smiled.

“Thanks. Um… Is it only us two that she called? I hope we’re not in trouble or anything.”

“Yikes… I didn’t think of that. I hope not. I don’t think we did anything wrong though?”

“I don’t think so too…”

When suddenly someone knocked, and the two looked to see Jihyo standing in the doorway.

“Hey guys!” Jihyo smiled, “I want you two to do a favor for me. Turn around. Keep looking the other way until I say ok.” The two looked at each other in confusion but did so anyway. As soon as they turned their back to the door, they hear a loud bang, followed by a clicking sound. Dahyun and Chaeyoung immediately whipped their heads with eyes opened wide realizing the situation. The two of them rushed over to the door, and banged on it.

“Stop banging you two! You’re going to cause a commotion! I know you two have been avoiding each other lately and it’s driving everyone crazy. Talk it out ok? Then I’ll let you guys out.” Jihyo told them from the other side of the door and the two of them just sighed.

“I guess we need to talk then. Let’s sit down, Dahyun-senpai.” Chaeyoung said and sat down in a chair, Dahyun following her.

“I’m sorry.” Dahyun told her as she sat down, avoiding eye contact.

“Wae?! Why are you apologizing?! You didn’t do anything.” Chaeyoung outburst.

“I did. I made you uncomfortable. Also don’t feel burdened by it please. Also it’s my treat” Dahyun grinned. Chaeyoung can’t resist anything when Dahyun gives her that wide toothy grin of hers. So she just nodded and averted her eyes.

“Yah look at me! I just said something cool right?” Dahyun laughed and lifted Chaeyoung’s chin, making her eye’s meet Dahyun’s.

“You did. Let’s not be like that anymore. It’s not fun when I’m not around you.” Chaeyoung said, tears forming in your eyes.

“Don’t cry~! Your pretty face will be ruined, Chaeyoungie! I don’t like it when I’m not around you either. You make me happy like this.”

Dahyun and Chaeyoung both laughed It’s been a while, well a couple days that they haven’t talked and both of them missed each other so much. To the point it became funny to them and started laughing. Jihyo and the others who heard the laughter from outside the conference room, decided to open the door for them.

“Looks like you made up.” Jihyo said standing in the doorway once again.

The two looked at each other before replying, “Yeah we did.”

“Aye that’s more like it. You kids look better smiling than frowning or sighing.” Jeongyeon said coming in the room with her hands wrapped around Nayeon’s shoulders.

Which made Chaeyoung and Dahyun pout but the others laugh.

*** D-day

Dahyun was nervous as hell, because she didn’t want to mess up. She had only a few more hours till their “date.” She still had a lot of things to do. She had to get dressed, and set up things at the restaurant and then go pick up Chaeyoung. She was glad that Jeongyeon, Tzuyu and Momo were there to help her. While Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo and Mina went over to Chaeyoung’s. Since everyone but Chaeyoung knew Dahyun’s plan, it was easier to plan things and distract Chaeyoung. Ding Dong~, the doorbell rang and she knew they had come.

“Yo, Eagle, are you ready for the love of your life?” Jeongyeon greeted, earning a scoff from the others behind her.

“I hope so… Operation love mission, let’s start this,” Dahyun whispered.

While Dahyun was getting changed, the others were preparing the present that Dahyun had asked them to get for her because she was working till late last night. Dahyun got Chaeyoung a bouquet of roses and earrings that are shaped like a painting pallet. Since Chaeyoung loved art and was quite the artist. Dahyun just hoped she would like them.

She got dressed in a nice burgundy colored dress. It had ¾ sleeves and reached just above her knees. It had lace on the hem of the dress and at the end of the sleeves. She had black and wine red heels to compliment with the dress. She wondered for hours if she should wear a suit or a dress but decided to go with the dress since she wears suits to work every day anyways. So it would be nice to wear a dress once in a while. She just hoped she looked good in it and that Chaeyoung also wears a dress as well. As a final touch she put a hairband that was the same color as her dress. Dahyun got a small chained leather black purse from her closet and put her wallet and phone in the bag. Dahyun was finally ready so she got out of her bedroom and the others looked at her in awe.

“You look awesome Dubu! Chaeyoung will no doubt fall head over heels for you when she sees you!” Jeongyeon exclaimed and everyone quickly agreed. Dahyun then looked at the time and panicked because she was running a little late on schedule.

“Let’s hurry everyone! We don’t have much time yet! Jeongyeon senpai? Did you bring what I asked? Momo senpai, can you help me carry this?” Dahyun asked.

“It’s all ready for ya kid! Let’s get going. Tzuyu, help me set up the stuff once we get there and Momo help her.” Jeongyeon said. Momo just nodded and they all got into Jeongyeon’s car.

They arrived at the restaurant, which Dahyun had reserved for the night. It was Jeongyeon’s father’s restaurant so he let them use the place for a fairly reasonable price. He insisted that he would let them use it for free but Dahyun was just grateful for his feelings and told him she would pay. Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Tzuyu, and Momo swiftly set things up, and Dahyun went to go get Chaeyoung while the others finished up the setting.

*** Chaeyoung’s POV

Dahyun was not the only one who was nervous as hell. Chaeyoung was pacing back and forth in her room still deciding what to wear. She had about 4 hours to get ready before Dahyun came but was not ready at all. When suddenly her doorbell rang. Wondering who it would be, she was surprised to see Jihyo, Nayeon, Sana and Mina in front of her door.

“Seems like our intuition was right about Chaeyoung being not ready at all,” Nayeon grinned.

“You don’t have to worry about anything Chaeyoung, since we’re all here to help you.” Sana added.

“You guys are all lifesavers!!” Chaeyoung shouted and hugged her friends.

“You can thank us after everything goes well.” Mina told her.

“Ok, ok. Please help me, I’m really in trouble…” Chaeyoung pleaded.

“Mina will help you with your wardrobe, Sana would be in charge of nails, Nayeon will do your make-up and I’ll be doing your hair. So don’t worry. Let’s get you all pretty for your date ok?” Jihyo winked and Chaeyoung blushed and nodded.

“Now let’s go see your wardrobe. I’ll pick a perfect outfit for you.” Mina smiled, grabbed Chaeyoung’s wrist and dragged her towards her room. While, Sana, Nayeon and Jihyo who brought their own tools, started to get ready for Chaeyoung’s makeover.

Mina texted Momo to see what Dahyun had chosen for her outfit and Momo said it was a deep wine red dress. Mina was surprised. She didn’t expect Dahyun to come with a strong color. Since the cute girl looks good with pastel colors. Chaeyoung really suited strong colors, but if both of them wore strong colors, she was worried they would clash against each other. So she sent another text to Momo to take a candid shot of Dahyun in her outfit. Mina didn’t expect Momo to reply so she was surprised when an attachment came in a matter of seconds. She made sure Chaeyoung wasn’t looking and looked at the photo. Mina had to admit Dahyun looked stunning. Her pale white skin complemented well with the deep red. The red was not too bright and not too dark of a shade, that Dahyun looked elegant but cute at the same time. Which meant that Chaeyoung can still go with a strong color. It wouldn’t go well with a chic style Chaeyoung looks best in but she still had a good variety of chic clothes that aren’t too chic. She looked through the wardrobe and found the perfect dress.

“Chaeyoung, wear this one. Do you have any shoes and accessories that can match with this?” Mina asked.

“I haven’t wore that one in so long! Yeah most of the stuff I have is in those colors so. Shoes are in the closet in the doorway and accessories and bags are in that drawer in the wardrobe closet.” Chaeyoung told her.

“Ok. I’ll take a look at them then. Go get your makeup, nails and hair done.” Mina said and pushed her towards the doorway to the living room of her apartment.

“I’ll go change into the dress first. Thank you Mina-senpai!” Chaeyoung smiled.

“No problem. Have fun ok? And be true to your feelings.” Mina smiled back.

As Chaeyoung changed and came out from the bedroom, everyone was waiting for her with gleaming eyes which scared Chaeyoung. She tried to run away when Nayeon caught her by the neck and dragged her over to a seat.

“Now we don’t have much time so let’s get started shall we?” Jihyo said, cracking her fists. The others nodding and doing the same except for Mina. She was on the couch on her phone since her part of the mission was over. Nayeon did her make-up while Sana did her nails.  Jihyo waited the two to finish first so that she won’t get in the way.

“Finished~~!!” The three of them shouted together and Mina looked up from her phone.

“You look stunning Chaeyoung! Dahyun would like it for sure, now for the finishing touches, put this bracelet and heels on. Here’s also your bag.” Mina told her.

“What about earrings?” Chaeyoung asked.

“I don’t think you’ll be needing them tonight little one.” Mina winked.

And just like that, is if it was on cue, the doorbell rang. Chaeyoung ran to open the door and was shocked once she opened it. Dahyun was there all dressed up looking so pretty. Chaeyoung thought she was going to get a nosebleed.

Dahyun on the other hand was also shocked as well. Chaeyoung looked absolutely beautiful in a no sleeve black and white leather dress. Her usually tied-up hair was down and was curled. She had a gold bracelet around her left wrist and carried a black leather clutch. Which went well with the leather dress and black heels she was wearing. Dahyun noticed that her nail were done too. Sana had decorated them into white and black French nails. She also noticed that Chaeyoung wasn’t wearing earrings. It was perfect since then she can give the present more smoothly to her, but found it odd that she wasn’t wearing any. Since she went all out on everything else but yet seemed to have missed this one part.

“Yo-You look beautiful Chaeyoung.” Dahyun finally muttered out, knowing it was rude if she didn’t comment on Chaeyoung’s look tonight.

“Same goes for you too, Dahyun Senpai.” Chaeyoung told her and an awkward silence filled the air.

“Let’s get going.” Dahyun said and grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand. Chaeyoung blushed madly at the contact. Dahyun opened the passenger side door for her and Chaeyoung went in thanking her. Dahyun then went to the other side and got in and drove to their destination.

The two reached the restaurant where all their friends were waiting and hiding. They all wanted to witness the happy moment of the two.

“Are we here a little too early? There’s no one here.” Chaeyoung told Dahyun.

“Of course there’s no one here. It’s ours for the night.” Dahyun winked as Chaeyoung gasped besides her.

“Omo! It was expensive wasn’t it? Dahyun Senpai, I’ll pay half of it later, please send over the reciet later.” Chaeyoung demanded.

“It’s ok Chaeyoung. It wasn’t as bad as you think it is. Anyways, I’m your Senpai, I should be treating you.”

“No, it’s for OUR 6 month anniversary as partners. It wouldn’t be fair if I made you pay for everything.” Chaeyoung insisted.

“It’s fine Chaeyoung. If you really insist, we can discuss about it later, let’s just enjoy ourselves for now.” Dahyun gave her a small smile and led her to the seat. She drew in the chair for her and Chaeyoung thanked her.

“I already ordered food and everything, if you don’t mind,” Dahyun shyly said and Chaeyoung shook her head. Of course she didn’t mind at all. She was happy enough that she was able to spend time with Dahyun. A waiter soon brought the food over and Dahyun and Chaeyoung’s mouth watered as soon as they saw it. It looked absolutely delicious. It was a course meal that first came with soup and salad with bread as well. Then came out the main course, which was steak with mashed potatoes and a variety of grilled vegetables on the side. The steak was cooked perfectly and melted in their mouths with each bite. The two had small conversation here and there but were too immersed in eating that they spoke less than usual. After finishing the main course, the two were full but still had room for desert. Then Dahyun said, she needed to go to the restroom and excused herself. Chaeyoung was waiting for her to comeback when suddenly, a melodic tune started to play. Which then followed by a voice singing and bright lights suddenly came on and shone on Dahyun. Dahyun was a couple feet in front of her with a key board and mic, singing as she played the song.

You’ve thrown a stone at my quiet heart

Maybe you don’t know

Tell me, maybe what you said before

Was just a joke, oh

I want to tell you

Without sounding awkward

But it won’t turn out well

I’ll look back and regret it

Like a fool

You’re always in my heart

But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah

I’m like a fool

It might be a childish thought

It might just be an illusion

I might regret it

But girl you’re my first love

Oh don’t you play with my head

Hey, don’t laugh like that

Because I’m serious

What should I do?

Will you let me know?

I wanna wanna say it

*Repeat Chorus

My feelings are becoming clearer

Gently getting closer, closer, closer to you, yeah

I want to come close and tell you

I’m in love with you

Tell me you too

*Repeat Chorus

I’m hesitating so I won’t get hurt

Even though I try to get my courage up

It won’t turn out well

Like I’m a fool

You’re the only one in my heart

I can’t tell you

But I want to show you

Girl I am your fool

** I changed the lyrics from boy to girl and all credits go to haus-of-gasa. I don’t own any of the lyrics or translations. The song is TWICE’s Like a Fool ^^

Chaeyoung was streaming tears half way into the song and her face was a mess by the end. When Dahyun finished she quickly came over and wiped her tears with her thumb and a tissue. Once Chaeyoung had stopped crying, Dahyun went on her knees, held the bouquet of roses in one hand and opened up the box that had the earrings she prepared in the other.

“Song Chaeyoung, I wanted to ask you earlier but I knew you wanted to wait more to be in a relationship. I’m not sure if you still don’t want to but I can’t hold in my feelings any longer. Or else I’ll become more of a fool who’s madly in love with you. I love you Chaeyoung. Will you become my girlfriend?” Dahyun asked.

Chaeyoung, crying again just put her arms around Dahyun’s neck. “I love you too, Dahyun senpai, I’m not sure if I’m still ready for a relationship but my feelings for you are the same. Please take care of me.” Chaeyoung told her and Dahyun hugged her tight to let her know that she will. After breaking the hug, Chaeyoung accepted the flowers and earrings from her. She loved the earrings and put them on immediately since she didn’t have a pair on tonight. Chaeyoung now knew the reason why Mina told her she wouldn’t be needing them tonight. She knew what Dahyun was up to. They sat back down in their seats and desert came. Desert was mouthwatering and beautiful as well. The chef had wrote out in chocolate on the plate, “Congratulations Dahyun and Chaeyoung.” The two were very touched but the chef’s surprise and generosity. Dahyun had already payed for everything, so just as they were about to leave, their friends came out from their hiding place and surprised the two.

“Congratulations you 2!!! Finally you guys are together! I’ve been waiting for ages! ” Jeongyeon exclaimed. Everyone else congratulated the 2 also. Which made both of them tear up this time. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were happy that their love was finally requited and that they had awesome friends that would have their back when they needed it.

“Now we just need those 2 to have someone.” Nayeon said eyeing Momo and Mina, everyone else following, but being the most 2 oblivious in the group, they did not get the message at all and just simply stated that they weren’t interested in a relationship right now. Making everyone sigh, including the 2 new lovebirds.

Next up is SaTzu<3

** Author’s Note

I didn’t mean it to make this, this long lol... It was supposed to be a short one shot kind of thing haha. It’s a bad habit of mine, making the story kind of slow and long, and then finish it immediately after the . (^ ^;) I think I like writing slow paced stories than fast paced since it seems more real and natural but I like reading fast paced ones so I know your guys’ feelings… Sorry about that! I’ll try to improve more on that in the future.