Chapter 16

Forever and Always

Time for KPOp fest in New York. There are 10 idols that the Kfest organizers chose, SJ, SHINee, F(x), SNSD, Miss A, 2NE1, MBLAQ, B2ST, Sistar. They are the lucky kpop groups that will rock the Madison Square garden in New York. Others are already there, and some are on their way. The SM artists finally arrived in the airport. There are fans who welcomed them in the airport. Their arrival is headlines in daily news. They all checked in the hotel near the Madison square garden.

“Woah..” the SHINee boys are really excited.

“Look at the view!” TaeMin shouted.

NaYeon smiles at the sight of the boys. “You enjoy your stay here okay.”

“You are not going to stay here with us?” Onew asked.

“Nope, I’ll be staying in my apartment. Since its near here so we won’t be able to pay the hotel rent. I don’t want to stay in the house because I am all alone there..” she smiled to them.

“But you will be with us in the rehearsals?” Onew asked again, he doesn’t want to let go NaYeon’s hands.

“Yep, I will be there.. of course I will watch the concert and my fellow models, I’m actually going to meet them..” she hug him. “You take a rest first okay..”

As she went out of the room, she saw the other artists roaming around the hotel floor.

“NaYeon ah..” LeeTeuk called. “Are you not going to take a rest?”

“I will oppa, just need to go home and do some stuffs..”

“Awwww, modeling stuffs?” he asked.

NaYeon nods at him. “You guys are going to rehearse, and I am going to rehearse too.. bye oppa..” Once she’s outside the hotel, there are so many paparazzi taking pictures of her. This time, her manager is not with her. In New York she have different manager. Before she go to her apartment she drop by in the park.

“It’s been months too..” she said as she walk around the path which is full of dried leaves. “A week of full work..” she sighed. She strolls around the park and some people saw her, still there are paparazzi following her, but she doesn’t care. She’s not afraid of taking picture without makeup, she’s very confident about her beautiful skin.

 

 

She took a cab upto her apartment, its located in the heart of the town and it’s fully guarded because rich and famous people are living there. When she opened her room, she saw that its really clean and arranged very well. She smiled because of it.

“Thanks to Monique..” she said as she settled herself in her sofa. Her apartment is a studio type apartment and it is designed for singles only. She look around her wall, there she saw her paintings and pictures. Most of the pictures are Joon, all four years in New York she painted four pictures of Joon which he found very handsome and cute.

Before she finally fell asleep her phone rang. “Nice timing Monique..” she sighed. “Yes hello?” she answered in English.

“Iris! How are you, I heard that you are here now..” Monique said in a very excited tone.

“Yes I just landed, and I was about to sleep.. and luckily you called..” she sighed on the line.

“Aww, I’m sorry. Well I called just to tell you that I’m coming over by dinner, let’s discuss you schedule for the whole week..”

“Okay, just call me later but please let me sleep first..” She said and ended the call.

 

She opened her eyes and saw darkness. She grabbed her phone and look at the time 8pm. She get off of the sofa and got surprised to see a standing figure in the dark. “what the heck!” she exclaimed.

“Hey…” it was Monique. She opened the lights. “I told you I’m coming over dinner right..”

“You scared me, you should have wake me up.. I can get a heart attack because of this..” she went to the bathroom to freshen up.

“Mian..” she said in a cute way.

“Yah don’t speak Korean, it doesn’t suit you..” Nayeon half shouted.

“Its because you don’t want to teach me..” she whined. “Hey wait.. I saw a guy earlier in the news, it’s the guy in your paintings, he’s here already.. and I bet he’s looking for you..”

Nayeon get out of the bathroom when she heard that. “Joon?” Monique nods.

“I saw it in the news, he’s with the other kpop groups and his own group, why don’t you check your phone.” She pointed out NaYeon’s phone.

NaYeon look at her phone and she saw missed calls from Joon. “Yeah, he’s definitely here..” she laughed.

“So tell me…” Monique ushered her to the sofa. “Now, tell me. What is the score between the two of you? Between that guy?”

“There is nothing between us Monique, if you are updated well maybe you saw some articles about him. He joined a virtual marriage show and got cheated by his virtual wife..”

Monique’s face formed an ‘o’ shape.

“And I am dating another guy, and I just told you this, no one knows about this..”

“Oh my gosh.. who is this guy??” Monique is really intrigued.

“He is my friend way back in Korea, remember the guy that I was telling you..?”

Monique snaps her finger, trying to remember the name of the guy. “O…On.. Onew??”

“Yes! Its Onew..” NaYeon smiled.

“Are you sure about that? I thought you love Joon with all your heart.?”

“We talked already, and we decided to move on, we are still kids when we had a mutual feeling for each other..”

Monique covers with her hand. “Oh my gosh. The feeling is mutual for the two of you..”

“Well, we need to grow and move on.. So what do you have for me?”

“What do you mean what do I have?”

“Oh come on Monique, you said you are coming over dinner so where is the food..” she sighed to her and the latter is really pleased about her annoyed face.

“Don’t be annoyed, I already prepared something for you.. Since you need to control you food,. I prepared salad and fish..”

NaYeon sighed. “I hate this..”

“What?”

“Nothing, lets just eat and discuss the things that I need to do..”

 

 

At the hotel.

“This place is really cool.” Mir keeps jumping on the bed.

“Yah, stay still CheolYong..” G.O. said. They want to take a rest.

Joon is looking outside the view, they are in the 18 floor of the hotel.

“Joon ah, what are you thinking about?” SeungHo noticed.

“NaYeon..” he said.

“What about her hyung?” Thunder asked.

“This is her world.” He said. “In New York she is one of the famous fashion models, I can’t compete with that..”

“Hey, what did I tell you? Stop comparing yourself to her. I though you get over her already?” SeungHo said as he pulled Joon into the bed.

“I thought so too, I tried to divert my feelings to other girls, but then in the end no one can fill the space in my heart, other than her.” He sighed and place his palm to his forehead.

“But the problem now is.. she’s into Onew..” said G.O.

“No she’s not. I can still feel her feelings..” said Joon.

“Joon hyung, this may create scandal and fight between you and Onew hyung..” Mir sighed and lean over to Joon.

“I don’t know.. but I really don’t want to lose her..” Joon is really different when he is talking to his group mates when it comes to his love life, the aegyo and kid Joon is really gone.

“She said that she will busy for this week too.. the fashion world is really happy that she will be able to walk in the runway for the fashion show on Thursday.” Thunder said as he keeps researching.

“We will be able to attend that right? She said that we can watch..” Mir said in amazement. “We will be able to see how she works.. Noona is going to wear some designer clothes..”

 

 

As the boys continue to talk to each other, at naYeon’s apartment. She and Monique are already discussing about her schedule.

“I need this day Monique, it’s the concert and my fellow models are going to watch, I want this one re scheduled..” she demanded.

“It’s the photo shoot day, don’t you know that Nigel is going to take the pictures? You can’t just reschedule it..”

“Come on, I need to be there in the concert, I’m sure you can do something about it. We can shoot it after the fashion show.. Don’t worry about me, I will do all this.” She assured her that she can do all of her schedules before she go back to Korea.

The following day. naYeon woke up early because she needs to be in the fashion rehearsals. And there she will meet her fellow models, it includes Miranda, Gigi, Kendal and others. And in the afternoon she will do a quick photo shoot for a commercial and in the evening she will be guesting in the Ellen show.

“Iris!” Miranda screamed when she saw her.

“Oh you are here!” Gigi followed.

“I miss you girls, how’s life while I’m gone?” NaYeon asked.

“Still the same, but you missed some of our fashion shows, we are happy that you are able to join us here..wait, I saw him..” Miranda is getting excited. “I saw the cutie guy from that movie..”

NaYeon knew that she is pertaining to Joon.

“You are close to him right? Can you please introduce me to him? At the concert.. please please..” she tugs into naYeon’s coat.

“Oh my gosh…” NaYeon sighed. “I’ll think about it okay..”

“Awww come on, why are you like that to me..?”

“Lets just be ready okay..” NaYeon faked a smile.

They are with other models and they practiced the way they are going to walk in the runway, and they even fit and look at the clothes that they are going to wear. It takes them hours to practice in their heels.

 

She is rehearsing while the other idols take their chances to stroll around the city. Group by group but SHINee and MBLAQ are together, there are fans around them but they are not mobbed. As usual the boys went out fashionably. Both groups didn’t hear anything from NaYeon, she is not picking up their calls and not returning their emails.

They are taking their stroll in the park and they didn’t notice the commotion on the other side not until Bang Mir noticed it.

“Hey look!” he said in excitement. “I think I saw noona!” he pointed out the location.

The other boys look at the direction. They saw the location is guarded with many securities and there are materials needed for a photo shoot.

“Okay, we are going to take few more pictures, Iris dear can you still do it?” the photographer said.

“Yes I can still do it..” she said an smiled at the camera. There are many people around the site. Looking at them. She’s currently wearing the Harrods Summer dresses collection.

The intrigued MBLAQ and SHINee tried to look closer and they saw NaYeon, posing for pictures, she is with a male model.

“Whoaaaaa..” Mir’s reaction is really priceless.

“She is really famous here..” TaeMin added.

They boys look at Joon and Onew who are looking very closely at naYeon, well both groups know the feelings of their own member.

There are poses that the guy needs to hold her and carry her. The theme is strolling in the park well of course wearing the summer collection of Harrods. She changed into several clothes until she saw the guys along the other people who are watching them.

She smiled as she saw them.

“She noticed us..” Key said.

“Your guy is here..” Monique said to her.

“Stop it Monique, you be quiet okay.. Just one more schedule and I am free to take a rest..” she said as she rub her neck.

They are waiting for the photographer’s signal.

“Okay, that’s wrap!.” He shouted.

“Yes!” Nayeon thanked his partner and the crew and then she wears her coat and went towards the groups. “Annyeong..” she said to them.

“You looks so beautiful there..” Onew and Joon both said and they look at each other.

“Yeah!” Mir interrupted so the two will be at ease. “Noona, you are so cool.. is that a photo shoot for a new endorsement?”

“Neh, actually I have one more but not today, that will be my last shoot before I go back to Korea. You guys are strolling?” she asked.

“Neh, we wanted to see the place..” MinHo said.

“You are living here for years, are there any recommended places that we should go and see?” JongHyun asked.

“Well, there are libraries and museums here, but the best place her is this park. When winter comes the lake freezes and the people can go ice skating.”

She heard ‘awww’ from the boys.

“It’s summer now..” Thunder sighed.

“Are you having dinner with us later?” Onew asked.

She shook her head. “No, I won’t be able to have dinner with you guys, I still have a last schedule to attend.”

“Is this your schedule everyday since you started working?” now it’s Joon who asked.

“Well, yeah.. I worked maximum of 7 days a week, sometimes 24 hours a day. But I’m used to it..”

“You should take good care of yourself..” Joon said in English.

The boys look at him.

“Well maybe she is taking care of herself hyung..” Thunder answered for NaYeon.

“Neh, CheonDeong is right..” NaYeon smiled.

“Okay as much as I want you guys to spend the time together but I can’t allow that, your princess here is still working so if you would excuse us..” Monique finally enterd the conversation.

“Oh yeah I forgot, this is my manager here, Monique Spence. Monique, these are my friends.. SHINee boys and MBLAQ boys..”

“Okay nice to meet you guys but sorry, we really need to go now..”

“I need to go, see yah, at your rehearsals..”

The guards ushered naYeon and her manager to the car.

“In Korea, our popularity is higher than noona, but here we are just like ordinary citizens compare to her..” Mir analyzes.

“I have to agree with you..” said TaeMin.

“But then many people will watch us in the concert and we need to leave an impression..” SeungHo said trying to boost the confidence of the group.

Another day had past and the groups ended their stroll in the city, while they are resting, naYeon is working, she slowly finishing her schedules.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

New York, New York! :D