A little flight won't hurt you

drabbles~

SHINee was going to Europe as a small trip for themselves, they all paid for it themselves, and it was all for themselves, no cameras from SM would follow them and SM promised himself that he would try his best to make it so that there would not be many cameras following them while he can’t promise about the fans. But it was all okay, they would all be able to spend some actual quality time with each other and just be able to enjoy each other and the natural beauty of Europe. They would be going to France which would be nice because why not spend a week with the people closest to you outside of family in the city of love. Although it is quite sad that they don't have a love life really--Taemin was especially envious about this thanks to his buddy Kai--why not spend it with the people they are claimed to love. They act like they don’t care much about the shippings and the couples created by their lovely fans but they really do. Not that it bugs them or irritates them, it’s just that sometimes the fans are too right and that’s scary. But it’s okay, SM would never let any of them turn out to be queer but after spending almost every moment of so many years with someone, you can’t help but form an unbreakable bond that may or may not lead to feelings that are the most miniscule but still have feelings that are for people who are a little more than friends. It’s almost inevitable.

 

The 5 boys are now waiting in the waiting area to board their plane and all but one are on their phones checking their feed or texting someone. Taemin notices that his hyung Jonghyun is nervously muttering random nothings to himself, so Taemin smiles inwardly and goes back to his phone, he hyung was probably just a little nervous about

something.

 

The internationally famous kpop stars board the airplane, with some people taking pictures and staring in awe at them. They tried to ignore them and just walk to their seats, they wanted to enjoy this vacation as much as possible.

 

They boys bought the seats in the middle row and the left row next to them to fit exactly 5 people. They settle in after putting their carry on items into the storage room above. They sit in a arrangement so that Jonghyun and Taemin are in the left row with 2 seats and Onew, Key, and Minho are in the middle lane. Everyone makes small talk about the places they want to go to, except for the two on the left lane. Taemin would have started conversation--he did actually multiple times--but all 5 attempts ended up with short answers and disinterest. Taemin frowned at his hyung and let out a deep sigh. Why was his hyung like this? The maknae pondered. He could deduct from body language that his hyung was stressed. Jonghyun’s eyes were wide and he was nervously tapping his foot. Also when Taemin attempted to strike conversation, he answered extremely quickly, which was a habit of Jonghyun when he got anxiety.

“Hyung… What’s wrong?” Taemin finally asked.

“Hmmm? Nothing… Nothing…” Jonghyun once again answered quickly.

“Hyung. We’ve known each other for an uncountable amount of years, do you expect me to fall for that?” Taemin laughs lightly making Jonghyun smile.

“I… I just don’t want to embarrass myself…” Jonghyun answers honestly. Taemin nods, but he would never just accept an answer like this.

“It’s fine hyung… Tell me what’s up.” Taemin grabs Jonghyun’s arm now and loops it around his. He looks up with wide eyes and a pout.

“Hyung~” Taemin does aegyo making Jonghyun push Taemin playfully and laugh.

“Fine… Fine… I-I have a fear of airplanes.” Jonghyun confesses. At first, Taemin is shocked and takes a moment to absorb that his hyung is actually afraid of something.

 

Then he laughs.

“What???? My phobia of airplanes is not something to be laughed at!! Jesus Christ this is why I didn’t want to tell you…” Jonghyun buries his face in his hands sadly. Taemin continues to laugh.

“No no! I know it’s serious it’s just funny how human you seem right now. You always seem like some type of superhuman, always being perfect and never making mistakes.” Jonghyun looks up and smirks.

“Taemin. Did you just call me perfect?” Jonghyun’s smile grows wider by the rate Taemin grows more red.

“PSHHHHHH NAW FAMMMM.” Taemin scoffs jokingly and punches his hyung.

“Passengers…” The lady on the speaker starts to say the normal things people say before flying and Jonghyun’s face pales at an alarming speed.

“Jjong…” Taemin smiles and pokes Jonghyun’s face. “Don’t worry, you’ll be okay.” Jonghyun looks up and smiles slightly but nervously. Taemin smiles a warm smile and puts his hands on Jonghyun’s and intertwines their fingers and squeezes to reassure his hyung.


“A little flight won’t kill you…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback is much appreciated <3