First Day of Classes

Student In Love

It's Monday again and it'll be Haneul's first day teaching. She was really nervous that her voice was really shaky during her first class, Grade 10-B. Haneul's a Language and Literature teacher.

"Miss, please relax. You need not be nervous." a student said.

"I believe in this section, the students are nice." another student said.

"We'll be nice, miss. Just be comfortable with us."

Haneul just smiled. "I'm really sorry if I'm like this. You know, this is the first time I'll teach after taking the board exam. So please bear with me. I promise to be a nice teacher only if you'll be nice to me too." she explained. "Okay, so please read the next lesson on your module. That is all for today. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, miss!"

 

Her next class is Grade 10-D, never did she knew that the students who belonged to this section are the "bad" ones. Oh, not the bad bad but the noisiest ones.

"Good morning, class! I'm Kim Haneul and I'll be your teacher for Language and Literature for this year. I'm so glad to meet you all!" she smiled brightly.

"Good morning too, miss!" the students greeted.

"So before anything else, I would like you all to pass a paper with your name and section written on it."

One by one, the students passed the paper to her. After gathering the papers, she immediately started the recitation.

"Now, I'm going to ask you the lessons you remembered about Language and Literature that you had last year. So, let's start?"

She called the students one by one according to the arrangement of the papers.

"That was so nice! Okay next is, umm, mister Park Jimin?"

The students all looked at Jimin. But the latter was thinking about something else that he didn't knew the teacher was calling him.

"Jimin, the teacher is calling you!" one of his classmates said.

"Hey mister Jimin, are you thinking about your girlfriend, ey?" Haneul asked.

Jimin just flashed his brightest smile, asked the teacher the question and answered it will all his might.

"So next time, stop thinking about your lovers. Let's focus in our class because we're here to learn. Next, mister Kim Taehyung."

Haneul remembered these students, they were the last to enroll last Friday. Taehyung answered briefly and sat down. Haneul was satisfied with his answer though.

"Okay then. The last one. Hmm. Mister Jeon Jung Kook, please?"

Haneul called for Jung Kook but unfortunately, he was out.

"How did this happened? How come he had a paper but he isn't here?" Haneul asked.

"Miss, he was here. Perhaps he went out." a classmate answered.

"Yes miss. Kookie's here. He just went out to pee." Taehyung answered.

"He's fond of going out without asking permission to the teacher. He's so bad. Tsk." Jimin said.

"So we have a bad boy here, huh? We won't be waiting for him. I'll just mark him absent. Let's proceed with our first lesson."

Just as she was opening the book, a panting student came.

"Jeon Jung Kook! What took you so long?? Teacher was angry!" a classmate asked him.

"Miss, I'm sorry if I went out without asking you. And I'm sorry for coming back late. I went to the comfort room and after I went to the canteen. I was really starving." Jung Kook explained.

"So you're mister Jeon, ey? Well, I believe I'm infront of you, I'm your teacher and I must know where will you be going because you are my responsibility." she said.

"I'm sorry miss. I won't do it again." Jung Kook said while flashing his bright smile.

"Okay. Sit down."

 

After her class at Grade 10-F, Haneul had her last class in the morning at Grade 10-A and in the afternoon at Grade 10-C.

 

It was a tiring day for her but she had fun.

"Jeon Jung Kook." she let out a sigh. "What a start" she laughed.

She went home and prepared for her class the following day.