Chapter 8

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had a slight wave of foreboding wash over him as he continue taking long strides towards the hut. He thought of Kai and couldn’t help but feel a mix of regret and anger. Kai was just being concerned why was I so rude to him! But he was rude to me too!

Consumed by his thoughts, Kyungsoo didn’t realise that he was already at the door of the hut. He absentmindedly pushed the dilapidated door ajar and the sight stunned him.

Meanwhile, Kai was listening to Kris briefing them but his heart was beating unusually fast.

“The mutants are currently situated extremely near school--”

“What?!” Kai jumped up with this piece of news. “Then let’s hurry!”

Kai could feel his best friend eye him with concern as he was usually not so enthusiastic about the missions. The other members also raised an eyebrow.

“No, it’s just, I have a bad feeling about this...That’s all.” Kai tried not to be so obvious, and also reasoned to himself that there was no reason to be worried that Kyungsoo would be at the hut. And even if the said boy was, it wasn’t part of his business. Little did he know that he should hurry, because any second now, Kyungsoo’s life would be in peril.

“Okay, well, nothing much left. This time Lay and Suho will stay here as backup. Kai teleport with beagle line, rest of us shift and go there by foot--or paws.”

“Well, look what we have here!” A red-eye sneered.

“We have an innocent little lost wolf!” Another continued.

Kyungsoo felt himself tremble and slowly backing away, eyes never leaving the many red-eyes staring back and his owl ones. He wanted to run, but his legs just wouldn’t cooperated and only settled for baby steps backwards.

A red-eye with rather pretty features and long black hair stepped forward with a smirk. And a zapper. “He’s cute! I call dibs first!”

The rest groaned but complied, many calling dibs for second, third, fourth, and the numbers went on.

She looked at the owl-eyed boy with a predatory look and mercilessly stabbed the zapper into his arm, causing a gush of blood because of her abnormally long and sharp nails digging into the boy’s skin.

Kyungsoo felt a wave of electricity overwhelm him, body not as strong as his parents to withstand it he has yet to shift. Feeling himself waver in unconsciousness and consciousness, he weakly called out the one name he knew best. “Kai…”

“Calling for help won’t help you, there’s no other stupid, vile wolves here!” She continued her advance on Kyungsoo and was about to claw on him before an “Oh my gosh! Soo!” rang shrilly.

Baekhyun shouted in horror, and the facial expressions of the four who just arrived were the same. Serious, shocked, angry.

The boy with eyes thick with eyeliner growled, a rare sound coming from him, as he shot the mutant nearest to Kyungsoo, ‘presumably the one that injured him too’ he mused furiously, with a burst of light, blinding her ugly red eyes.

With Baekhyun’s attack, the four were livid and merciless with their attacking, the three boys with elements that scorch burning everyone around them and the teleporter in his wolf form prancing on red-eyes and finishing them off with their body parts flown to different parts of the hut.

Within minute, all the mutants were gone. The four wolves breathed heavily, still outraged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter