Four

Closely Far Away (Tomorrow)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend finally came and it was time for them to go to the Korean music festival Tiffany had promised to take Nabi.

“Omma, I look cool! This is such a serve!” Nabi exclaims while looking at herself in the mirror, clad in an all pink ensemble.

“Do a little twirl!” Tiffany tells her daughter and Nabi does as she says and gives her mom a smug look. “You are cool and you’re definitely my child. My little pink monster!” Tiffany pats the head of her daughter. 

They go out of the house and hail a cab to go to the concert.

As they are about to reach the entrance, she calls for one of her friends who’s about to perform at night as the other one might be preparing already.

“Hello Fany-ah, are you already here?”

“We’re near the backstage Hyoyeon-ah. Do I just need to tell them your and Seohyun’s names like you told me before?”

“No need. We’ll go get you and Nabi at the entrance.”

“Racking up the imo points already?”

“We sure are! Wait a second, we’ll be going out now.”

They spot Hyoyeon and Seohyun waving at them while they approach the gate. After being let into the area and the duo’s dressing room, the two immediately flock to Nabi.

“Yeppeun Nabi-yah, annyeong! I’m your Seohyun imo.” Seohyun greets. “And I’m your Hyoyeon imo. It’s nice to finally meet you.” The older follows.

Nabi gives them a 90-degree bow and proceeds to greet them back.

“Annyeong haseyo Hyoyeon imo and Seohyun imo. It’s nice to meet you both as well. Thank you for inviting me and omma to the concert.” Nabi says with her eye smile.

“Oh you are definitely Fany’s daughter with those eyes of yours.” Hyoyeon fawns over Nabi and Seohyun does the same.

Nabi goes to the snack bar as the duo approaches Tiffany. They share hugs that are long overdue. The trio got teary-eyed as it has been years since they last saw each other.

“Unnie, I’m glad you could make it with Nabi today.” Seohyun says.

“Of course, I need Nabi to see how great performers my friends are.” 

“I’m just glad this performance is not at a club so I could definitely show my skills to Nabi.” Hyoyeon says and they all laugh.

“No, but thank you really. For doing this.” 

“Unnie, what are you saying! This is nothing. We miss you a lot, you know.” 

“I know I’ve told you guys about it but again, I’m sorry for leaving abruptly.” Tiffany tells the two.

“Fany-ah, you don’t need to. You must have had a reason. You’ll never do that without one, we know.” Hyoyeon says and gives Tiffany a knowing look.

“The show is about to start!” They hear their managers say.

“Go on, enjoy the show with Nabi. See you both at dinner.” Hyoyeon says.

Nabi was having the time of her life seeing everyone perform. She just sees most of them on the screen so seeing a ton of artists live is a different experience for her. Not to mention most of her favorite girl groups are in attendance.

The girl sings along to songs she knows and busts out a few moves with it.

Seohyun comes to the stage and she shouts, “Seohyun imo, jjang!” 

Seohyun scans the crowd and gives the girl a thumbs up. She starts to sing her songs and some more of it. She ends her performance with a piece from a musical that she and her mom loves. She performs a piece from Wicked.

The duo looks at each other and sing-along to the song they know by heart. 

“There's nobody wiser! Not when it comes to popular! I know about popular! And with an assist from me to be who you'll be”

Nabi stops singing and asks her mother, “Omma, is Seohyun imo playing Glinda in Korea? And she’s singing the song because she loves it too right?”

“Yes. She has been Glinda for the fourth time now. Isn’t she great, huh?”

“She is, omma! I have to ask her all about it. I want to play Glinda someday too.” Nabi says enthusiastically.

“She’d be very delighted with that. And you will be Glinda someday!”

They both turned their attention to Seohyun again while the younger girl cheered harder.

After a few more artists, Hyoyeon took the stage with her DJ set. She played some songs that were usually on her set but left out some as she was going to perform them.

The lights went out after the last song on her set. After a few seconds, the lights flashed and the spotlight was focused on Hyoyeon. She put on her performing look.

“Omma, Hyoyeon imo’s expressions are so good. I’ve seen it on screen but nothing beats this!”

“You’ll be mesmerized once she starts. Watch closely, popo-yah.” The intro to Hyoyeon’s song, Picture plays on cue.

She performs the song and nabi squeals at the part where Hyoyeon crawled backwards.

“Daebak! How does imo do that? I might want to try my hand at being an idol like her, omma.” Nabi says excitedly.

“Told you, Nabi-yah! Her charisma overflows, yeah?”

“Definitely, omma! This is the best day ever!”

Tiffany takes out her phone and records her daughter having so much fun.

Tiffany and Nabi hurriedly went to the artists’ exit to wait for Hyoyeon and Seohyun. Despite her disappearance from the industry nearly a decade ago, some artists knew her from silhouette alone – one group even approached her despite debuting when she wasn’t active anymore.

The group bows and greets her. “Annyeong haseyo, Tiffany-sunbaenim. We’re Aespa and we’re such big fans of you and your work.”

Tiffany was surprised at this gesture and returned the greeting as well.

“Thank you very much for that. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard of such. We’re very huge fans of you as well – my daughter and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter