Chapter 0

Soak Up The Sun
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"What? Are you insane?"

Wheein couldn’t believe her friend. Maybe Hyejin was already drunk, even after just one drink. She was a lightweight after all.

"I’m dead serious."

Wheein looked right into her eyes to see if she was really serious or just joking around.

"Damn, you’re really serious," said Wheein.

"I’ve never been more serious in my life," Hyejin said. "Please Wheein, I’m begging you."

"No! , Hyejin, how can you asking me to do something like this?"

"Because… I don’t know what to do anymore. I just want to protect Yongsun."

Wheein saw a veil of sadness pass over Hyejin’s eyes. Yongsun was Hyejin’s cousin. Her parents died in a car accident when she was seven. Hyejin’s parents then, became her legal guardians and she started living with them and Hyejin. Hyejin was only five years old at that time; she couldn’t understand the situation, she was just happy to have an older sister. And Yongsun was a really good sister. Despite being the one who lost her parents, she took care of Hyejin and protected her. And Hyejin didn’t know, but she was helping Yongsun a lot by giving her love and affection. It took some time for Yongsun to accept her parents’ death, but she was able to do so thanks to Hyejin, her whiny little sister who covered her with love.

They got very close growing up. And very protective of each other. That’s why Wheein knew Hyejin would do anything to protect Yongsun. But still, Hyejin’s request was so unexpected. Wheein started to feel a little bit mad at Hyejin. This whole idea was so messed up. She looked at the alcohol in her glass; a lot of questions were crossing her mind.

"Is it because I flirt with a lot of girls?" asked Wheein. "Is that how you see me? Someone who just wants to flirt and and doesn’t care about anything?"

Hyejin’s eyes grew wide. What was this nonsense? She grabbed Wheein’s hand before answering.

"Whee, what are you saying? You know I never judged you and I never will. You can do whatever you want I don’t give a damn! I know you’re not disrespectful to the girls you hook up with. I know you’re a good person."

"Then why?" asked Wheein.

"You’re the only person I really trust," Hyejin sighed. "I mean, there’s also Yongsun, but this is about her."

"But… Seducing her? I can’t do that to her, it’s like playing with her."

"I know Whee, I don’t like this idea either, but I’ve thought about all the options, and I only see this one now."

"Just tell her that Eric is an and she shouldn’t go out with him."

"I told her! She doesn’t care!"

Hyejin was so frustrated; her sister wouldn’t listen to her. Every time Hyejin tried to warn her, Yongsun told her that it was all rumours and that she should stop paying attention.

"I’m really worried," said Hyejin. "I know girls who dated Eric, they told me how violent and abusive he is. This is really bad Wheein."

"They should go to the police if it’s

Please log in to read the full chapter