A Burden

One Snowy Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here new update, 

sorry for the mistake in my writing.

enjoy!

PUBLISHED : 7 APRIL 2022

EDITED : 3 NOVEMBER 2023

 

 

Seulgi is staring at the pictures, one by one. They have followed her and Seungwan since college. Now that she is married to Joohyun, they threaten to expose her.

The picture of her and Seungwan kissing at Hangang River, at Seungwan apartment lobby, and more of it just two of them enjoying the date. The recent picture shows her walking into Seungwan apartment unit.

They went this far just to drag someone into the pit of hell.

Those money ers

It was a closed call. If her brother didn’t stop this, Seulgi couldn't imagine what would happen. Her father won’t let her be a Kang if it happens.

Seungwan will be in danger. She cannot let them touch Seungwan, she needs to protect her at all costs.

In order to do that, she needs to be in the Kang clan. That title, she cannot let her father strip it away from her.

It must have cost Jiyong millions to get all of this from the media, judging from the memory card. It was a clean-cut deal.

However, it doesn’t mean Seulgi can lower her guard now. She needs to be more careful than before.

I don’t want you to have regrets in the future.

Her brother doesn’t have the right to say that. He knew nothing about what she had been through. It's true that her marriage is not solely for business. Her hunch is that her father just wants to help Bae. It doesn’t sound like her father at all, so Seulgi cannot tell.

What exactly is the reason behind her marriage

Why does Bae Joohyun need to enter her life and cause chaos

Seulgi throws the memory card into a mini fire pit inside her bedroom. The pictures of her and Seungwan, she doesn’t want to burn them down, but she must.

She cannot take any risks anymore. In order to protect Seungwan, the thought of Seungwan finding out she is a mistress to Seulgi makes Seulgi shiver.

She is not going to let Seungwan go through that pain.

 

She walked into the kitchen after she burned down all of the evidence. She sighed because

Joohyun is there, making tea. ‘Do you want some? Soojung sent it sinc-

‘no’ Seulgi ends the conversation, she is not in the mood for anything. She ignored how Joohyun winced at her response. She came for a glass of water, so Seulgi opened the refrigerator and snatched a bottle of water.

Before she turns around and leaves Joohyun, she asks her wife a question that has been running through her mind since Joohyun's mother's funeral.

‘You know,’ she said, running her hand through her hair, eyes on Joohyun. ‘I wonder why you didn’t marry her instead? You love her, right?’ tilting her head slightly, Seulgi sharp feature was unreadable as she continued, ‘That Soojung?’

Joohyun stiffened, she didn’t expect Seulgi to notice. She thought she had tried her best to hide her feelings.

Seulgi waited, she wanted to know Joohyun reason. There must be something else.

‘sh- she deserves to live freely,’ Joohyun's shoulder slumped. I have an illness, but she responded, ‘I don’t want to be a burden to her.’

‘Yet you are to me.’ She scowled. Here, Seulgi thought she was a selfish one. Joohyun is just the same. What makes everyone else have the right to point fingers at her when Joohyun is also using her in a different way.

They are using each other. She used her wife to mask everything in front of the public and make her name clean and good, while Joohyun used her to allow Soojung to live freely while she was imprisoned in this filthy, unwanted marriage.

She cursed under her breath as her eyes bore into Joohyun’s. Joohyun just put a chain on her feet, just like her father did when she was a teenager.

She pivoted her feet and walked toward the stairs.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, Joohyun was too stunned to speak. She didn’t expect Seulgi to translate it that way.

She knew for a fact that she was a burden to Seulgi. No matter what, hearing it straight away from Seulgi … it just put her where her right place is. A burden in someone's life.

Since birth … all Joohyun has ever been was a burden.

To her parents, people that have been taking care of her since she was a kid, and now her wife, Kang Seulgi.

She gripped the island counter, afraid that if she let it go … she would fall on the hard floor.

Don’t, don’t cry Bae Joohyun

.

.

.

They go back to square one. Minding their own business and only talking when it is necessary.

Seulgi is back, actively meeting Seungwan, she stays back at the office so Joohyun can go home on her own. This gives Seulgi an opportunity to visit Seungwan once she is done with her office work.

Every time she wants to visit Seungwan apartment, she will drive her Porsche into the mall parking lot, then get into another car. A car that no one is going to suspect has Kang inside it.

Seulgi used three different cars, she bought the used car and paid for it with cash. She is not going to make the same mistake as before. Switching cars is her only option for now.

 

Joohyun taps the smart watch, her pulse is a little bit below normal. She has been diligently taking her medicine and monitoring her health. Despite all of that, her symptoms are back.

She easily feels cold, even in temperature room. Her skin is paler than ever, and there is no colour on her face at all. Lips are dryer than ever. Even breathing is hard for her.

She had nosebleeds for two weeks every morning. Probably because the weather is really chilly now, or maybe she has been pushing herself way too much by working nonstop.

Before, she worked at home, but now her presence is a must at the office, so Joohyun cannot have the proper rest that her weak body requires. Even with a proper rest, Joohyun felt drained, although she was just lying in bed.

Back to back meetings, Paperwork's, and monitoring the artist event. Taking notes on which part they need to improve.

She doesn’t bother Seulgi at all once she fully understands her work task. Seulgi said she would teach her personally, but it was all Ms. Kim.

She has been avoiding Seulgi at all costs. Their short conversation in the kitchen still hurt Joohyun. It feels like her heart is being cut open.

Maybe it's for the best that they stay this way. It hurt less when the day came for them to divorce... Joohyun will not feel any attachment to Seulgi.

.

.

.

Today is one of the weekends where Joohyun visits Yerim at college. So here, Seulgi is holding a bouquet of roses and walking toward Seungwan apartment unit. Joohyun being away means an opportunity for Seulgi to visit her girlfriend.

Humming along the way, her step is light.

This is how it is supposed to be, Seulgi's heart whispers. Buying flowers and going on a date with her girlfriend. Her life is supposed to be like this.

If only Seulgi knew that while she was cheating behind Joohyun, her wife was struggling physically and mentally.

 

‘Seulgi?!’ Seungwan's wide eyes opened even wider as she opened the door, revealing Seulgi holding a flower and smiling like an idiot.

‘Surprise.’ She leans in to kiss the woman, who still looks shocked.

‘You didn’t say you were coming.’

‘Well, it is a surprise.’ Another peck before Seungwan took the roses and smelled them.

It’s been awhile for them to have this kind of date. Out at the fancy restaurant in a private room, sipping wine. Seulgi's heart swelled at the sight of Seungwan looking so content. She wanted this life, a life where she could be herself.

Zero restriction. She can be weak in front of her girlfriend, and Seungwan still loves her. She can cry, and she can act like how humans are supposed to be. She doesn’t need to be a perfect Kang Seulgi like her family, her wife expected her to.

Even when Joohyun never asks her to be perfect, She still preferred Seungwan.

 

'Wow, a movie’ Seungwan chuckled, feeling amused that Seulgi brought her here after …. Well, they ed in the backseat of Seulgi’s car.

A few questions have been raised since Seulgi changed her car, but she swiftly avoids them with the excuse that she sold her old car and wants to use a local car for now.

‘It’s your fault.’ Narrowed her eyes toward Seungwan, ‘I plan a real date, and you just have to get me in the middle.’

‘You enjoyed it the most.’

Seulgi grinned sheepishly. Yeah, she enjoyed that the most. Her eyes darted around, scanning the crowded spaces. Those money ers won’t be able to recognise her in this sea of people.

‘Babe, I need to go to a restroom.’ Seungwan announced when she saw people in line to buy the ticket, a very long line.

‘Okay, I’ll wait here.’

A peck on Seulgi left cheek, and Seungwan made her way searching for the restroom.

 

Done with her business, Seungwan was washing her hands when she saw someone familiar at the sink next to her.

‘Mrs. Kang?’

The woman next to her lifted up her face.

‘Thank God, it’s really you.’

‘Dr. Son,’ Joohyun smiled, ‘feeling weird seeing you here, doc.’

Seungwan agreed as she laughed along with her patient.

They have a quick chat before Seungwan bids goodbye to her patient.

At this time, Seungwan does not know that her patient is married to her girlfriend.

 

‘I met my patient, and we had a quick chat.’ She explains when she saw Seulgi's sour face since she had been gone for a long time.

‘Let’s go, we need popcorn.’

'Okay, there big baby.’ Seungwan coos, patting Seulgi not minding showing her affection even in public.

At the same time, Joohyun and Yerim were walking through the crowd at the end of the hall. By a thin chance, Seulgi and Joohyun didn’t see each other as they walked past each other. Only two feet apart.

If only Joohyun turned her head slightly toward the left side, she would witness her wife, Kang Seulgi, and her personal doctor walking hand in hand.

 

‘You’re not gonna stay the night?’ Seungwan face full of disappointment when Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter