1/1

Into Your Loving Arms
Please log in to read the full chapter

One day, Chanyeol woke up running a high fever. Dang it! He was the happy virus not the flu virus. He had always hated being sick. With Yifan nowhere to be found, Chanyeol could only assume his older brother went to his class already. He texted his girlfriend, Jinri, and his hyung that he was feeling under the weather and he might not be able to get to his classes. She replied with a worried text, reminding him to get rest, take meds and keep himself hydrated; the usual drill. He obediently followed her instructions and Chanyeol went back to bed after, feeling sick and a little lonely.

 

The breeze coming in from his window stirred Chanyeol from his sleep. When he opened his eyes he could see his curtains dancing to the wind of late afternoon. Weird. He went to sleep with his windows closed. He sat up and a damp cloth fell from his forehead.

Surprisingly, he was feeling a whole better.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol called to his brother as he staggered out of his room, carrying the basin of water he found on top of his side table.

But it wasn’t his hyung he saw in their sorry excuse of a kitchen, it was Jinri, “Oh, you’re awake.” Smiling at him.

Chanyeol, rooted on the spot, mumbled a shaky, “Yeah.”

When Jinri made a step toward him, Chanyeol took a step back. She frowned before taking another one forward, and he was about to take another one backwards when she glared at him. “What are you doing?”

Chanyeol opened his mouth but unable to form words; he closed it again. He looked like a mouse that was cornered and Jinri raised her eyebrow at him. Chanyeol bravely took another step back and muttered, "I'm sick".

“I know. That’s why I’m here.” And this time before Chanyeol could react, she was already in front of him, taking the basin and putting it away.

“Jinri, you shouldn’t be here. What if you catch—whatever it is I have?” Chanyeol tried to argue but she was having none of it. Jinri snuggled to him.

“Then we can be sick together.”

Chanyeol’s resolve crumbled, hugging his girlfriend back. “That wasn’t even funny.” He tried to sound reprimanding but it was hard when he had her in his arms, all familiar warmth and comforting touches.

“Oh c’mon, I’ll be fine.” She mumbled on his shoulder, her palms were softly running across his back and Chanyeol tried not to purr.

“I shouldn’t have given you that spare key.” Chanyeol muttered under his breath, reveling on Jinri’s caresses.

She chuckled. “Too late for that now.” Jinri leaned away, enough so could see his face and place her hand on his forehead. She noted that Chanyeol’s temperature was almost back to normal. But she still had to ask anyway. “Are you feeling any better?”

“Tons.” Chanyeol nodded, seeing concern and tenderness on his girlfriend’s face made Chanyeol’s heart swell and his inside turn into a mush. A smile played on his lips. He was about to lean in and give her a kiss but was able to catch himself in time. Whew!

“Good.” Jinri said, untangling herself from Chanyeol. “Have you eaten? Are you hungry? Do you wanna eat? What time did you last take your meds?”

Chanyeol chuckled at the string of questions. “Lunch time, I think? Hyung came back and made me eat juk and take my meds.”

“That’s good.” She smiled while fixing his unruly hair, carefully combing it with her fingers.

“I was not able to keep it in though, because I remember vomi—” Chanyeol’s voice trailed off when worry flashed on Jinri’s face. He looked down, biting his lower lip guiltily. The least he wanted was to worry her s

Please log in to read the full chapter