i think, "let's try redefining beautiful."

made one wish for a permanent kiss

Junkyu sees him walking to class one day.  He doesn't know his name, he doesn't know anything about him.  But his heart speeds up and his palms itch and suddenly it's like the world is only him and that other boy and he's scrambling to get up.

He stuffs his papers into his back, grabs his thermos and rushes after boy.

“Excuse me,” he says, and the other boy turns to look at him, shoots big brown eyes at him, a full mouth opening in question.

“I'm an photography major,” he says, “I was wondering if I could take some pictures of you?”

A small crowd of students passes by, bursting out of their class and they get knocked around a little before the other boy speaks.

“I have class,” he says, “sorry?”

“No, no,” Junkyu shakes his head, going frantic, “I mean I didn't mean now, I meant whenever you had time.  It's for a project.”

“I,” the other boy starts, and then, “when?”

-

Junkyu gets his number, for professional use, he swears it up and down.  So he resists texting the number that he's labeled Insoo, sighing loudly and earning an annoyed look from Jinseok.

“I need quiet please,” he says, “this paper is by the way.”

“You're ,” Junkyu says back without much thought.

There's pain against the back of his skull, Jinseok pulls back from where he's plucked him, smiling at him, cocking an eyebrow.

“Stop staring at your phone, don't you have work to do?”

It's all the incentive he needs before he shoots a text.

hey can I take your pictures today?

this is junkyu btw

hi

Jinseok opens the door when Insoo knocks, Junkyu looks up from his computer, smiling wide at the confused look Insoo gives Jinseok.

“I'm here for Junkyu?” he asks and Jinseok takes a step back, arm gesturing at Junkyu's general direction.

“You didn't say you were bringing a boy over, I would have left,” Jinseok looks unamused, “now I'll awkwardly have to listen to you try to flirt.”

Haha,” Junkyu deadpans, “it's not like that,” he says when he turns to Insoo, “Jinseok is just a bitter man.”

He has a makeshift studio in the basement of the apartment complex.  Junkyu is lucky the old lady supervisor really likes him and pretends not to see.  

There's a white sheet tacked to the wall, lights and stands and fans set up.  Junkyu smiles proudly when he flicks the lights on and Insoo looks over his gear.

“So what do I do?” Insoo says, stepping around to the backdrop.

“Just look pretty,” Junkyu says, “kinda like now.”

-

Insoo doesn't talk a lot, but Junkyu talks enough for both of them, mouth running on stories and ideas and commentary.  It's not long before Insoo's scowls turn into smiles and he starts sticking around longer.  His pictures are mostly big smiles, pearly teeth and straining cheeks.  It's cute.  It's everything Junkyu saw when he first met Insoo.

And even after he hands in his project, Insoo sticks around, usually pulling Junkyu into the library for study groups or going to his apartment to join the Jinseok torture squad.

“Ah, Junkyu,” Insoo says one day, “you like me right?”

Junkyu nods, “of course I do.”

“Then be my Valentine.”

“Um, what?” Junkyu turns to look at him, closing all the programs running on his laptop.

“Well you like me and I like you, so it makes sense,” Insoo lists off, “we can go to the movies or something.”

“Wait,” Junkyu says slowly, “you want me to be your Valentine, as in me.”

“Will you be mine Kang Junkyu,” Insoo flutters his eyelashes, leaning forward, “please?”

-

“Maybe he's blind,” Jinseok says, “maybe that's why he likes you.”

“You're not helping,” Junkyu sends a pleading look at Gunwoo.

“Likely possibility,” Gunwoo nods along, laughs when Junkyu throws a pillow at him.

“Why did I say yes?  Why did he ask me?  What do I wear?” Junkyu's life isn't making sense at the moment and it bothers him.

“It's probably because you're really assertive,” Jinseok supplies, “I mean you basically made this guy like you.  Isn't that what you wanted?”

“No...” Junkyu panics, “I didn't chase after him.”

“Didn't you say you chased him down the hallway when you first saw him?” Gunwoo pipes in.

“You be quiet,” Junkyu snaps, blush creeping up his neck.

-

Jinseok disappears before Insoo shows up, Junkyu has some conspiracy theories but they all leave him when there's a knock at the door.

“It's cold outside,” is the first thing Insoo says, “so I brought some movies from home, that's cool right?”

Junkyu nods, for once thankful at Gunwoo's weird habit of showing up and cleaning the apartment.  (He thinks he must pity them, having to live in their own filth.)

He's watched the movie Insoo puts in first, which he thinks it's a relief because he can't focus when Insoo throws a hand over his shoulder, pulling him.

-

He doesn't know when he felt asleep, except he wakes up when there's a light pressure on his lips, soft and warm and yielding.

His eyes open and the curve of Insoo's eyelashes really is pretty.

He closes his eyes and kisses back, earning a muffled sound of surprise from Insoo before there's weight being pushed on him and hands reaching for his jaw.

“I want to take pictures of you forever,” Junkyu mumbles into one of their kisses.

Insoo kisses him harder.