01.

Betrayal&Trust

The sound of raindrops trickling down your window was louder and louder by the minute. You sat on your bed staring out of the window admiring the trees swaying with the strong breeze , the grey clouds and the people scattering all over for shelter . A slight chuckle escaped your lips and memories came back , slowly making you crazy as each image of the memories start to get clearer . 

 

" It just had to rain on such a wonderful day ! " You let out a sigh and placed your blazer over your head as you attempt to dash for the traffic light nearby . 

 

You cursed under your breath for not bringing an umbrella and you didn't want to stay in school for long so you had no choice but to settle with running in the rain. Your misery wasn't for long until you felt a presence near you that sheltered you with his umbrella. 

You looked by your side to see a cute looking schoolmate of yours which you obviously didn't know of. 

 

" You looked like you could use some help , " He gave you a killer eyesmile and you swore your stomach literally flipped a thousand times .

 

You muttered a thank you and he continued walking with you till your bus stop. He stood right by your side awkwardly and soon decided to break the ice , 

" I'm Jihoon " 

You giggled at how cute he looked like and introduced yourself to him . You found out he was actually a year younger than you and you both had the same passion , music . Your bus had arrived and you bid goodbye to him and uttered a  last thank you for his gracious act. For a moment you swore he was blushing but you brushed it off and plugged in your earphones enjoying your ride back home , but your mind was fizzing with the thoughts of him . The way he smiled , how fluffy his hair looked and how it bounced a little when he moved his body , his shy giggles . It made you more interested about him and longed to see him more . 

 

" Yah! You better get that fat of yours up before you run late , I'm going off first , " your brother yelled from the other end of your room and slammed the door shut .

 

You groaned and dragged your body into the bathroom for a quick shower and dressed up for school . As you walked out of the house you grabbed hold of a piece of toast and scurried for school. Just on time , you quickly settled down in your own seat and searched your bag for your school tie since you had an upcoming leadership interview in an hours time . You panicked and asked around from your classmates but not a single one brought it . You groaned and excused yourself to the toilet , luck was on your side when you saw a familiar figure walking nearby. 

 

" Oh! Jihoon-ah! " 

 

The boy looked up and gave you a big smile, he jogged towards you and gave a warm greeting. You took the opportunity to ask him for a tie and he did have an extra by chance. You profusely thanked him and out of excitement you gave him a hug , realising what you just did you quickly released the hug and apologised while walking off briskly back to class , cursing at your own action.

 

Soon after an hour passed and you were on your way to the interview when you bumped into a tall figure , 

 

" Oh dear , I'm so sorry , im really clumsy and all . Are you-" 

You looked up to see his face only to have your mouth hang open widely .

 

" OH MY GOD ! WONWOO !! What are you doing here ?? It's been ages since I last saw you . Did you miss me ? How's everything ? Oh god , you have to wait for me - " 

 

" Hold on your horses , first up chill your soul . Second , I just moved in here like yesterday so I'm checking out the school and it'd be dumb if I say I didn't miss my favourite girl ~ " Wonwoo gave a big grin and ruffled your hair. You jumped in for a hug instead and told him to wait for you while you did your interview and he gave you a quick nod before he went around once again to roam the whole school . 

 

A few minutes later you were done and went to search for Wonwoo by the cafeteria. As you were on your way there , you noticed Jihoon sitting on a bench by the corner of the music room , lonely . You decided that Wonwoo could wait and headed for Jihoon instead. You slowly crept into the music room and tip-toed your way to him. You knelt down so that your face and his were leveled. You admired his sleeping face and slowly poked his nose , what came next was unexpected as he slapped your hand away and almost punched you in the face . The next moment he was wide awake and apologising non-stop. 

" Noona , I'm so sorry , I swear I thought it was those group of bu-" 

He stopped his sentence mid-way realising he was going to get into deep trouble , he looked down and fumbled with his thumbs . 

 

You got suspicious , was he really getting bullied by others ? But why on this kind sweet soul? 

 

" Jihoon, tell me everything . " 

 

Soon your fists were curled up in a ball . You released your grip and looked at Jihoon with caring eyes , you gathered up courage and his hair while assuring him that you would prevent anything bad from happening to him. He gave a meek smile and you pinched his cheeks when you realised he was holding on to a notebook .

 

" Hey , what's that ? Is it that book filled with lyrics like you told me the other day ? " 

 

His face brightened up at the thought of you remembering his words. He nodded and showed you a few of his works . You were so amazed at how he easily expressed his feelings and others too in such a lovely arrangement . Time passed and you almost forgot about Wonwoo .

 

" Jihoon-ah ! I'm so late right now , I have to rush off and meet a friend . It was nice talking to you and tell me if anything bad happens to my ball of cotton candy ~ " You winked and rushed off to the cafeteria while laughing at how stupid you probably looked like just awhile ago. 

 

There , standing by the vending machines was Wonwoo who looked like he was going to  fall asleep any sooner.

 

" Yah ! Jeon Wonwoo , let's go ! " 

You grabbed his hand and dragged him out of school . You both decided to get waffles and chat by the playground nearby. Time flew by really quick and he sent you home before sunset. 

You took a long bath and pampered yourself with some gummy bears before starting off your homework. Soon , you drifted off to sleep on your desk and morning came .

 

" Wake up you lazy scrub , Wonwoo's waiting for you already . You're a girl for god's sake try waking up early for once ! " 

Your brother babbled as he walked out of the room .

You rushed to dress up and dashed towards the living room to see Wonwoo conversing with your brother . You crept up behind Wonwoo and jumped on his back making him lose balance a little but he was still standing fine. You giggled and shrieked like a five year old 

 

" To school we go my white horse ! " 

 

Your brother pulled you back to the ground and hissed ,

" Dont embarass the whole human race " 

 

You glared at him and dragged Wonwoo to school. Once you reached you asked him what class he was in and led him there , Wonwoo was also a year younger than you but you've practically grown up with him so you felt like he was the older one.  Once , you reached you scanned the whole classroom just incase there was any rascals to be aware of only to meet eyes with that one boy , Jihoon . 

 

" Oh! Jihoon~ You're in the same class as baby Wonwoo here ~ I hope you look after him well ! " 

 

Wonwoo glared at you and you just laughed it off bidding farewell to the two. You skipped over to your class and settled down. 

 

" Well someone's happy today  " 

You turned over to your deskmate , Joshua and replied 

" I'm happy everyday , it's just that I dont show it much okay " 

He gave a chuckle and so did you . It was soon break time and you dragged Joshua along before the cafeteria started to crowd . He soon left for his group of friends and you scanned the cafeteria hoping Wonwoo and Jihoon had the same break time as you did. Soon enough you saw them laughing away at the table nearby the vending machines. You brisk-walked your way there and sat down like you owned the place. 

 

" Who said you could sit here ? " 

 

That deep voice surely belonged to Wonwoo . You looked up from your delicious plate of spaghetti and gave him a death glare which caused Jihoon and Wonwoo to burst out laughing. You were confused why were they laughing when it was obvious you were in a serious mood. 

 

" Noona , you have sauce on your nose ~ " 

Jihoon said in between laughs as he wiped away the sauce with a tissue.

Your heart started beating very fast , you never felt this way before . 

 

" Hey ! Why does Jihoon get to call you noona and I dont ? " Wonwoo gave a pout out of jealousy and you smiled .

" That's because he looks younger and you look older so I'm fine with him calling me that ~ " 

You gave a hearty laugh and they followed suit . Soon break time ended and you walked back to class with Joshua.

" Who's the newbie ? " 

" Who? Wonwoo? He's my husband ~ " 

You winked and raced off to class. Joshua soon caught up with you and sat down beside you ,

" What?! You're kidding me right ? Is it those arranged marriage things like those stories ? Wow ! Who knew 19 and married " 

You burst out laughing and wiped a fake tear away. 

" No, silly he's my cousin ~ " 

 

Joshua's mouth formed an 'O' shape and soon lessons resumed.School ended and you headed off back home with Wonwoo. 

 

Days passed then a month . You were close with Jihoon faster than you got close with your own cousin . After school the both of you would hang in the music room and  just sing duets and compose lyrics together. 

 

One day you guys met up and you saw a bruise on Jihoon's left cheek. You asked if it was the bullies but he denied saying it was nothing . You insisted he told you but he kept quiet, 

" Lee Jihoon! For the love of god just tell me and I'd confront that person and give him a lesson . I told you I'd protect you right ? " 

 

He soon looked up and mumbled a name , you couldnt make it out so you asked him to repeat , 

 

" It's Wonwoo .. " 

You were boiling with anger what was wrong with him ? You swore Wonwoo was a tough guy but he never in his life has turned in to violence when there was a problem. You apologised to Jihoon for what Wonwoo did and he just brushed aside the thing saying it wasnt much of a big deal. 

 

The next day as usual, Wonwoo was waiting for you to jump on him but all you did was walk out of the house ignoring him . Your brother gave a confused look and asked Wonwoo if everything was fine , the latter gave a shrug and soon left the house too. 

 

Once you reached school on your desk was a packet of gummy bears in a baby blue box and a small card which read ,

 

' meet me at the auditorium at five -secretadmirer <3 ' 

 

A smile was clearly drawn on yout face and Joshua wiggled his eyebrows at you . You rolled your eyes and sat down waiting for the teacher to come . The whole day you were fidgeting around in excitement but at the same time you avoided Wonwoo just because you were really upset with him. You also saw Jihoon and asked him about the condition of his bruise infront of Wonwoo while Jihoon's bruise. You saw the change in Wonwoo's eyes and he quietly continued his meal. Jihoon decided to break the tension and asked why you were so fidgety today. 

 

" Nothing ~ Maybe I just feel extra happy today that I have a secret admirer . " 

 

Jihoon gave you that signature eyesmile of his and gave a nod of acknowledgement. Wonwoo on the other hand was still quiet and left without a goodbye. 

 

It was soon finally the time to meet that secret admirer , you bid Joshua goodbye and rushed off to the auditorium. There were still students inside using it , was he just playing around with me ? Or am I just too early? You looked at your phone to check the time but you were right on time. Maybe five minutes late but still it was five !  After waiting for a few more minutes the student started scattering out the door and someone grabbed you from the side . You let out a small shriek but the guy covered your mouth. You wiggled out from his grip and calmed down when you realised it was Wonwoo . 

 

" He is dangerous , I'm telling you! Watch out noona and I'm being serious because I care . " 

 

You stood there confused who was he talking about ? You waved him off and walked in the auditorium taking a seat. You swinged your legs as you waited for something or someone to come and entertain you, your wish came true and the lights dimmed and only one spotlight shone on you and soon the strumming of the guitar was heard and you squinted your eyes only to see .. 

 

JOSHUA? 

You were confused but he shook his head and pointed with his elbow to another figure , a figure you'd recognise anytime. Jihoon .

He started singing the song the both of you wrote together titled '20' . You smiled and swayed your body along to his lovely voice . The song ended and Joshua escaped from the place as fast as he could leaving the both of you behind. 

 

" Noona , I want to say that you captivated my attention since that rainy day . That day was my worst day but you came along and I'm glad I took the opportunity . It's been months and I need to get this off my chest. I love you , and would you be mine ? " 

 

He walked off the stage and stood right infront of you. You stood there surprised , your face was pink and nothing managed to come out from your throat so you went with a vigorous nod instead and went in for a hug. He your hair and promised you , he'd be the best one in your life. You released the hug and he intertwined your fingers , you were on cloud nine . This feeling felt great but one thing kept disturbing you . Wonwoo's words.

 

 Jihoon brought you to have ice-cream afterwards so you ordered your fave chocolate mint and same goes for him. The both of you went to the same playground  you went the other day with Wonwoo. You sat by the swings and enjoyed the evening breeze. 

You had ice-cream on your nose and this time round Jihoon didnt wipe it away , instead he kissed it. Your face flushed into a bright pink and you bashfully slapped his shoulder.

 

" Noona , how are you so adorable when i'm the younger one here ? " 

He laughed and you did too.  The both of you ended up chatting away till the sun set. It was darker than usual so he sent you back home , on the way home you shivered over the cold breeze and being the sweet guy he was he lent you his jacket. A little oversized but just cozy to keep you warm , he held your hand and blew hot air just to keep you warmer. You adored how he looked so concentrated on keeping you warm and you couldnt help it but give him a peck on his cheek. He chuckled at your gesture and wrapped his arm around your waist, soon you reached your destination .

 

" Thanks for today , I really enjoyed the day . See you tomorrow I guess ? " 

You looked at the ground while fumbling with your fingers . He gave you a nod and lifted your chin up , the atmosphere was peaceful . The moonlight was shining bright upon the two of you as he placed a soft gentle kiss on your forehead . You waved goodbye and stepped inside the house only to be greeted by Wonwoo.

 

" What are you doing here ? " you grunted as you walked to your bedroom with him right behind.

 

" I told you he is DANGEROUS , and you're both together ?? God . . " Wonwoo ruffled his hair in frustration and sat on your bed . You looked at him with a confused look , was he referring to Jihoon? No way , but the only person you were attached with is him . 

 

" What's wrong with you? I don't understand what you're trying to do to me and Jihoon but whatever it is I will stay with him and YOU don't have to care about it ! Now leave , before I get more upset with you Jeon Wonwoo. " 

 

" Fine by me then , I'm trying to help you here but you're brushing your own blood and flesh aside . Don't come back crawling to me when you get hurt by him ." Wonwoo spat as he stormed out of your room filled with anger .

 

The next few weeks was going well and fine with the exception of the tension between Wonwoo and you of course. Jihoon would bring you pretty gifts each week and he'd come up with amazing compositions for you to sing once in awhile. You couldnt help it but get really disturbed by what Wonwoo was trying to say to you everytime you went out with Jihoon. You just couldnt come up with any bad points with Jihoon only that he has a bad sleeping habit and occasionally gets short-tempered but it was fine to you . Until one day , 

 

" Noona , let's head to the music room . " 

Jihoon sounded a little serious but you pushed it aside . Once you were in , he locked the door and faced you with eyes unreadable . You were worried , why did he lock the door? Was it really something serious? He took baby steps towards you but somehow your body reacted and slowly paced backwards until you reached the dead end . He placed both hands beside your head so that you trapped in between , his fingers slowly travelled down your jawline . He slowly  both your cheeks gazing right into your eyes . He tucked a loose hair behind your ear and inched closer to your face . His warm breath could be felt near your lips, 

 

" Noona , you're all that I care about in this world and I want to prove it ."

 

Without hesistation his lips filled the gap between the both of you and you felt like flying into the heavens and sing a song. You wrapped your arms around his neck as the kiss got more passionate . His hands lowered down to your waist as he pinned you against the wall even more , you were shocked, the sweet dream was about to turn into a nightmare.  You tried to release yourself but he forced you down and pinned your arms by the side as he forced the kiss deeper slowly as he tried to your blouse . You pleaded him to stop but he persisted and tears started flowing down , 

" Jihoon-ah , p-please s-stop it ! " 

 

" Noona ! Do you know how long I've waited for this ?? Do you know how long I suffered for this ?? I was always the weakling now that you're here .. " He hissed leaning in closer to you.

 

 He smoothed out your messed up hair and dived in for another kiss and to your luck the door burst open and you saw Wonwoo and Joshua there . You ran into Joshua's arms and sobbed hard as Wonwoo handled Jihoon . He was about to throw a punch but the teachers managed to reach on time and settled the situation . You couldn't stop crying as you never thought of Jihoon this way , you cried even harder when you thought of Wonwoo's words. Joshua gave you a comforting rub on the back and made sure you were alright and kept you company. He felt equally bad as he sort of helped them get together and didnt see this coming. 

 

Your brain was filled with the thoughts of Jihoon . Who knew he was a devil in disguise , all he wanted was just to use you as revenge towards his misery. Wonwoo soon returned and assured Joshua that you'd be fine with him. You dug your head into your knees and sobbed , you were ashamed of facing him . He was there for you and even warned you for a reason because one day he overheard Jihoon's conversation on the phone about you and what he planned to use you for, resulting the bruise on his face that day. 

 

" Wonwoo-ya, I was such a jerk , I should have listened to you . I'm sure you wouldnt even want to see me now, I'm such a mess . My life has been a lie , I feel cheated . I feel useless . I feel - "

 

 Wonwoo's huge arms wrapped around your petite body and rocked back and forth.

" Noona , you're silly . You know better than anyone I'd never leave your side because you're just like my own sister and I'd do anything to protect my sister right ? "

 He wiped away your tears and flicked your forehead .

 

" Ouch ! What was that for ? " 

" Punishment for not listening to me ! " You gave him a pout and he ruffled your hair .

 

" Come on , let's get you off your mind with some movies at home aye ? " 

 

You nodded your head as the both of you walked past the prinicpal's office with Jihoon in sight. The feeling of betrayal slowly filling up your entire soul. 

 

You wiped away the tears as the rain seemed to subside. You got off from your bed and headed outside for a walk to get some fresh air. Your footsteps were still heavy despite it being two months since the incident . A sigh escaped your lips as you continued your journey to nowhere . You heard a rustle from behind but decided to ignore it until you heard someone , someone you vowed to never talk to again.

 

" Noona ? " 

{ There you go ~ I am still not satisfied with this but I hope you guys have enjoyed the story :-) Please do comment on my weaknesses so I can improve and make my one-shots better in the future !! Thanks once again <3 }