Ch.26

Endless Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They days were flying by painfully fast.

Taemin hadn’t gone to school all week; he’d been spending all his time at the hospital. Only leaving for a few hours to sleep and eat and shower. Even his father took more time off work to spend time with his family.

But the sad fact remained; she hadn’t woken up since Wednesday.

It was Sunday.

Decisions needed to be made.

Taemin sat in the cold, hard plastic chair next to her bed. He’d been sitting there for too many hours, his felt completely numb. He held her tiny, cold, grayish colored hand in his own with his fingers clasped around her frail ones tightly.

His heart was beating so fast and his body was shaking uncontrollably. His father and the doctor were standing a few feet away talking about what needed to be done. Taemin was trying hard to block out the conversation that he desperately did not want to hear.

They wanted to unplug her life support.

They wanted to take away her air.

They were going to kill her.

He leaned forward so his elbows were resting on the edge of the hospital mattress to hold his body up, because with all the shaking he felt like he was going to fall of the chair or something. He brought her hand and gently pressed it against his cheek, ignoring the fact that he was getting tears all over her hand.

“Umma…umma…wake up, please wake up,” He whispered in a distressed voice. But there was no response. Not a twitch of her eyes or anything, just the rise and fall of her chest due to the breathing machine.

He heard footsteps come near him and the door to the private room open and closed. He felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately knew it was his father.

“Taemin…we need to talk,” His father said in a gentle voice. But Taemin shook his head and clenched his eyes shut, willing his father away to some distant place. He loved him, but right now he hated him more than anything in the world.

“Taemin, she’s not going to wake up. She’s sick, her body is in pain and shutting down, and she only has a day or two left anyways,” His father said.

“No! She could wake up! She could!” Taemin choked out, his voice cracking through all the tears. His father tried to touch his shoulder again, but Taemin jerked away from him.

“She’s not going to wake up. We need to just end it; it’s what she would have wanted. She wanted to die peacefully in her sleep,” He said.

“No! She didn’t want to die! I won’t let you do it!” Taemin exclaimed loudly, somewhat hoping that his loud voice would cause her to wake up, but it was to no prevail. His father sighed and closed his eyes, willing himself not to cry in front of his son.

“The Doctor Jung will be back in a moment with the nurse and then they’re going to do it. It’s time to say our goodbyes,” He said.

“I hate you! I won’t let you take her from me! You can’t do it!” Taemin yelled as the tears gushed down his face. He tried to stand up and push his father away from the bed, but his body was shaking so much that he just fell to the floor.

Everything that happened next was a complete blur.

He cried and tried to fight, but then the doctor came in with a nurse, and they had a needle.

There was a sharp pain and then everything went black.

The last thing he saw was her face, pale and peaceful as always.

Key stared at his cell phone in his hand, his face void of all emotion.

So it finally happened…she’s gone.

The call had been from Taemin’s father, informing Key what had happened last night. They had unplugged her life support and she died almost immediately, but there was no pain. They had to sedate Taemin beforehand because of how badly he was taking the news. Apparently he had a panic attack of some sort.

Key quickly finished getting dressed and locked the door to his apartment behind him. He headed downstairs to Taemin’s apartment and went inside to grab a few things. Taemin’s favorite stuffed frog, his baby blanket his mother had sewn for him before he was born, and a change of clean clothes. He put it all in a bag and left the apartment in a rush.

He was glad that his body was in such good shape, or he would have completely been out of breath by time he’d reached Minho’s house. He’d run all the way there so he didn’t miss Minho before he left for school. He rang the door bell three times impatiently and tapped his foot.

“Ah! Key, what are you doing here so early in the morning?” Sulli asked in surprise.

“Where’s Minho?” He asked immediately, inviting himself into the house.

“He’s upstairs…is something wrong?” She asked, closing the front door behind him. Thankfully their parents had already left for work, they wouldn’t have been too pleased with Key barging in unannounced like that.

Key ignored her and quickly bounded up the stairs and walked down the hall to Minho’s room and pushed the door open.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Minho exclaimed, quickly pulling his shirt over his head. Key tossed the bag of Taemin’s items he’d brought onto Minho’s bed.

“Hurry up and get your keys,” Key said to him quickly. Sensing that something was wrong, Minho hurriedly finished getting dressed and grabbed his keys off his desk. Key pulled him by the hand downstairs.

“Sulli, walk to school and go home with Krystal later,” Minho called over his shoulder as he was dragged out the front door.

When they got in the car and drove away, Key telling where to go, the blonde finally began to explain to Minho what the hell was going on.

“Taemin’s mom died last night, they took away her air supply because she wasn’t going to wake up. His dad called me and said Taemin freaked out and they had to sedate him. I know Taemin, and I know he’s going to be beyond upset about this, and super pissed off at his dad, so he’s going to stay with you for a few days. I hope you don’t mind. We’re going to the hospital to get him, if he’s awake. You’re skipping school by the way,” Key gushed out, high on the adrenaline rush.

“I figured as much,” Minho replied sarcastically.

“Remember what I told you? Taemin really love his mother, there was no one in the world he was closer to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter