Ch.17

Endless Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin blinked open his eyes tiredly and looked around wearily. He glanced over at his alarm clock and saw that it was only 4:30a.m, which meant he had another three hours before he had to even wake up. He was just about to close his eyes and lose himself to another nice dream when he heard movement coming from the living room. Immediately he kicked off his blankets and flung his legs over the side of the bed, a little too quickly as he almost fell, and raced into the living room where he saw his father standing near the door with his briefcase in his hand.

“Appa, are you leaving now?” Taemin asked, now wide away from the sudden adrenaline rush. His father turned around in surprise.

“Oh, Taemin, what are you doing awake so early?” He asked, switching his coffee cup from one hand to another.

“You woke me up. Are you going to see umma?” Taemin responded, leaning against the doorframe in the hallway.

“Yes, I was planning on stopping by on my way to work. I need to leave now, go back to sleep,” His father told him, pulling open the front door.

“Okay, have a good day. I love you,” Taemin replied. His father nodded in response and closed the front door behind him and walked away. Taemin puffed out his cheeks and walked to the couch and plopped down on it in defeat. Now he wasn’t even remotely tired so there was no chance of going back to sleep. He flipped on the television and searched through the channels for something interesting to watch, but there was nothing except for boring soap operas that old ladies watched.

He got up and walked to the front door, slipping on his shoes, and headed out. If he couldn’t sleep then the least he could do was go upstairs and wake up Key t keep him company (since his friend would have done the same to him). He headed up the stairs and walked down the hall, stopping in front of apartment #206. He reached to turn the door knob and went inside. The apartment was silent and dark, no surprise there. He walked back to Key’s room and pushed the door open, flipping on the lights.

But Key wasn’t there.

 Taemin frowned and looked around in surprise, wandering where his best friend could be. He walked over to Key’s bed and sat down on it, leaning back onto the mattress as he pulled out his phone and dialed Key’s number. It rang a few times but eventually he was sent to voice mail. Where are you, Key? He wondered curiously, closing his eyes. He suddenly felt really tired, remembering that it was only four in the morning, and soon he was fast asleep on Key’s bed.

He slept for a good two hours; Key’s bed was very comfortable. But eventually there was a distant sound of the front door closing, Key was home. The older boy walked through his apartment wondering why all the lights were on. He walked into his room and saw Taemin sleeping soundly on his bed and smiled softly, walking over and shaking the younger boy’s shoulder gently.

“Taemin, wake up,” He said, earning a groan from Taemin who shoved his hand away.

“Where were you?” Taemin asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes tiredly. Key shrugged and ran a hand through his blonde hair.

“I was out with a friend. How come you’re up here?” Key asked curiously.

“I woke up early and was gonna come bug you, but you weren’t here. So yeah,” Taemin said with a shrug, now once again wide awake. Key opened his mouth to respond but all of a sudden his phone started to ring. He picked it up, curious to know who was calling at six in the morning, but then realized it was the school. He answered it and listened to a prerecorded messa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter