Ch.14

Endless Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin sat on the chair next to his mother’s bed and silently watched her while she slept. It had been a great day and he was glad that she was resting. He’d been at the hospital for a majority of the day and even better was the fact that his father was there too and they all got to spend the day together, which didn’t happen very often. The doctors had said that if her condition stayed this stable for another week then they would gladly let her come home again. This thought made Taemin so happy he didn’t even mind when his dad had to leave for work or when his mom fell asleep. But now it was getting late as well and he figured he should probably get going home soon. He stood up and pecked his mom on the cheek and left the room, turning off the lights on his way out.

He walked out of the hospital and smiled slightly when he saw that the sun was setting, turning the sky a beautiful orange and pinkish color that made him feel passive looking at it. He began walking slowly back to the apartment, enjoying the nice spring breeze that was blowing through the trees that lined the curb to the street. Before he reached the complex he stopped at the convenience store and bought two small cartons of banana milk to keep him occupied while he spent the night watching movies on TV. When he neared his apartment he frowned when he saw Key sitting on the grounded leaning against the door.

“Key? Why are you sitting out here?” He asked as he reached his friend. Key shrugged and slowly stood up.

“The door is locked,” He said, voice sounding rather void of emotion. Taemin reached into his pocket and pulled out his house key to unlock it.

“Where’s your key?” He asked, flipping on the lights as they locked in.

“In my room,” Key replied, kicking off his shoes. Taemin sighed and turned to look at him, already knowing something was wrong. Key was never this quiet and unresponsive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter