Cat Ears and Cat Tail Can Make You Sick

Lost in Wonderland

 

He couldn’t see. He couldn’t breath. Heck, he couldn’t even think. Darkness completely surrounding him, making him felt suffocated. He couldn’t lift even his pinky finger. Coldness slowly seeping through his form, and finally one thought crossed his mind;

 

‘Am I going to die now?’

 

He was almost give up; almost let himself be devoured by the darkness, when suddenly someone touched his cheek.

 

Warmth radiated from the soft fingertips, completely in contrast with his icy cheek. He could feel his body started to warm up, and he leaned himself toward the source of warmth.

 

‘Alice… Alice, wake up…’

 

‘Who are you…?’

 

‘Wake up, Alice…’

 

‘Where am I…?’

 

‘Can you hear me, Alice?’

 

‘Perfectly. What the hell happen?’

 

‘Good, Alice. Can you please wake up?’

 

‘Why…?’

 

‘Wonderland needs you.’

 

The warmth left, leaving him submerged into the cold darkness.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Sungjong opened his eyes slowly. The strong scent of grass surrounded him and the blinding sunlight from above hurt his eyes, so he automatically lifted his hand to shield it from the offending light. Still covering his eyes, he slowly sat up, grimacing at the following throb that invaded his head. “Uh, what…?” he muttered under his breath while bringing his hand down. Still half-unconscious, he groggily looked at the scenery around him.

He was in the middle of big grass field, no wonder the scent of grass was so strong before. The sky was blue, the cloud was white and the sun shone brightly. It was completely normal if not for the fact that he was in the middle of nowhere and on the other side of the field was something that looked like a forest.

Squinting his eyes at the absurdness of this place, he stood up and ignored the insistent throb that still haunting his head. “Where is this?” he asked himself. “If I remember correctly, I was in the van, heading toward filming set…” he looked around him once more. “This doesn’t look like the filming set for the MV…”

Yes, Lee Sungjong was confused. VERY confused. Like what he said before, he was in the van heading toward Infinite new MV filming set. And yes, he remembered that he indeed fell asleep in the van, but to wake up in an unknown place like this? Unfortunately, he remembered nothing else aside from that.

Was this his hyung(s) playing prank on him? It was too much, even for Sungyeol’s and Woohyun’s standard. And even though some of his hyung(s) could be really annoying, he knew that none of them would do something this cruel to him.

Leaving him in a middle of nowhere is cruel, mind you. Can you imagine how he feels right now?

Sungjong stomped his foot impatiently. “Woohyun hyung!” he tried to call. “Sungyeol hyung! I know you’re there, so just come out here and I will forgive you about this!” maybe, just maybe, they both were afraid with what he could do. Oh, yes, he could do anything. Now he wasn’t the sweet, innocent maknae (he was never innocent to begin with, that was actually Myungsoo, the reason why the company gave him L mask) he used to be, he wasn’t afraid to do things to his hyung. He was still polite and respects his hyung very much (of course, they deserve to be respected), but now he wasn’t afraid to talk back to them and…

Well, what happened in the dorm should always remain in the dorm.

But no one respond to him, and he tried to remember whether today was a special day or not, because his hyung can be crazy when something good happen. “Myungsoo hyung!” he called out again. “Dongwoo hyung! Can you ask the troublemaker to stop!?” Dongwoo and Myungsoo were the sweetest hyung he had and they rarely prank him. He knew he could count on them to stop Sungyeol’s and Woohyun’s prank (because everyone adored them very much, even Sungyeol who constantly bickering with his adorkable best friend).

No one answered him and he started to fidget on his place. “Howon hyung!” he called once again, this time while stepping away from his current place. “Sunggyu hyung! Are you there!?” yes, he started to doubt that his hyung were around here. Sunggyu wouldn’t let them go this far, and Howon wouldn’t be involve in pranking him because the older knew how scary he can be when he was seriously mad.

He didn’t realize that he was chewing on his bottom lip this whole time, and only when he felt the metallic tang of blood did he realized that his lip was bleeding. He wiped the blood with his clothes sleeve, and then he froze.

The clothes he wore were nothing like what he wore on the van. He wore casual clothes back then, but now that he looked at his outfit, it was kind of ridiculous. He wore a light blue button-up along with a black tie. White blazer (the sleeves were taint red because of his blood) and white pants completed his neat appearance and he had to hold himself back from laughing out loud.

He looked like the male version of Alice, for God’s sake! He wouldn’t be surprise if he found himself with blonde hair instead of black hair he was currently dyed in right now (Sunggyu told him to stop dyeing his hair, but he still couldn’t stop; not when there are still so many good colors he hasn’t tried yet).

He wasn’t blonde, right?

his unseen hair (he hoped he can guess from the texture whether it was blond or not), he looked around once more, trying to find where the hell his hyung were hiding. All of this didn’t make sense. Did someone put a sleeping pill on his food before he rode the van? Because that was the only logical explanation why he wouldn’t wake up when they planned all of this. He wasn’t a light sleeper like Sungyeol (who would wake up even from the slightest noise), but he knew that when someone tried to undress him, he would definitely wake up. He wasn’t Dongwoo or Myungsoo, who for the love of it would keep sleeping even if a fire started on their dorm. Not like it ever happened, and they don’t plan for it to happen in the future too.

And that would also explain the pounding headache he currently suffered right now. God, he swore if they didn’t come out soon, he’d throw up all over the grass and make them feel bad about it for the rest of their life (he knew; he knew that even though they show it by teasing him, they really do care about him).

Anyway, he found nothing, and he was in the brink of panic when suddenly a gust of wind decided to blew at that time. He winced and shielded his face from the wind, who knows what kind of bugs or dirt it brought. Opening his eyes just the slightest bit, he saw a figure standing right in front of him. He had no idea since when the figure stand there. Did the wind bring them? He was so confused, but the wind still blinding his vision so he had no choice but to wait for it to died down.

It took 10 seconds at most when finally the wind settled down. He carefully lowered his hand, and finally takes a good look of the figure standing in front of him. The moment their eyes met, his eyes widen in surprise.

The person was a male that didn’t look that much older than him, just about his height but had wider shoulder and bigger figure (he was always on the scrawny side, but now he built more muscle, he knew his figure is better than before). His black hair was short and a bit messy, and his face was the epitome of beauty. In short, he KNEW this person really well. But… but… what was that on his head and… back—no, ???

The male smirked at him; a smirk that reminded him of a cat that just drank a high-quality milk. “So, Alice,” he purred. “You finally woke up.”

He didn’t care if his face resembled a gold fish that ask to be fed; he didn’t care if his flawless mask didn’t look so flawless anymore. He didn’t care about his ing headache that insistently pounding the back of his skull. “Don’t tell me that you finally accept your inner animal, hyung. Because I swear to God, the number of ert will increase and they will seriously chase you to the end of the world and the manager hyung will have to tighten the security around us and Howon hyung can’t sneak out to the club anymore and—DAMMIT, CAN’T IT STOP SWISHING AROUND!?”

Nope, he didn’t care about any of it.

Not when he was face-to-face with his hyung who wore cat ears and tail like it was the most natural thing in the world.

“Myungsoo hyung, please tell me that we were currently filming an MV with ‘Alice in Wonderland’ as the theme and the only reason why you dress like that is because you have to act as a Cheshire Cat. Because if you don’t, I’m afraid I have to tell Sunggyu hyung to confiscate your anime collection for our group’s sake.”

The male, Myungsoo, stared at him like he was the weird one. “Did you hit your head hard, Alice? That sometimes happen the first time you got here. And of course I’m a Cheshire Cat,” he purred again, this time an octave lower than before. “My ears and tail just gave away my identity.”

And Sungjong couldn’t hold it back anymore.

He threw up.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Hello?? *peek* so, yeah, I'm in the mood to write so I just update some of my fic and yeah... anyway, about this fic, this will be the first time I write in Sungjong's POV so I apologize in advance for any mistake *bows* just to warn you, some relationship that I put here don't always involved in romantic relationship. It can be platonic friendship, one-sided attraction, childhood friend, or anything, really. Aside from that, please enjoy the fic~ :)