White Rabbit (HaruSaku/JuriRuppi) - Mad Hatter sequel

Ruka Kikuchi's AKB/48G New Gen pairings OS/2S Collection

Miyawaki Sakura, otherwise known as the Mad Hatter. A serial killer with Mad Hatter’s disease. And Matsui Jurina’s captor.

This girl was the White Rabbit’s target.

White Rabbit. A government special ops force that deals with neutralizing crime and stabilizing those who suffer from extreme mental illness. It was the White Rabbit who created the medicine to help those with Alice Syndrome.

Right now, Kodama Haruka, one of the youngest officers for White Rabbit, was assigned with one goal.

“Stop the Mad Hatter, Miyawaki Sakura, and free Matsui Jurina.”

“Would I have to kill them?” she asked her chief officer.

“If Mad Hatter threatens to kill you, then fight back if you must. But let no harm come to Jurina. We plan to send her to one of our top rehabilitation centers so we can treat her.”

Stop Sakura, at any cost, and free Jurina-san…

Haruka placed the tranquilizer bullets into her gun, strapping it onto her waist.

“I’m sorry… Sakura-chan.”

-------------------------

Jurina was an unaware victim, trapped in her own delusions. Her broken mind kept her hallucinating, not knowing that Miyawaki Sakura, her “Mad Hatter”, was orchestrating a plan to set off bombs all around Tokyo. To destroy the real world and reform it into their “Wonderland”.

She wasn’t confined in a cage or cuffed to the bed. The only thing Sakura needed was to keep Jurina in her delusions. Never let reality slip into her mind. She was “Alice”, and reality was threatening to kill her.

 

Sakura needed to destroy reality.

 

“Good kitty… good kitty…” she said with an empty smile, petting the cat that lay on the floor. She then picked up a rabbit doll, talking to it, “Rabbit, what’s the matter? You look wound up about something.”

Sakura looked over at the delusional girl, grinning.

“Good, Alice. Stay asleep in your dream land. You don’t need to wake up, to see what a nightmare reality is.”

She then heard a loud knock pounding on the door. Jurina’s eyes immediately shot up, staring at the door. Sakura’s eyes widened, stepping in front of Jurina.

“Here, Alice, have some tea,” she said, handing her a cup, “I’ll go see who’s at the door.”

Jurina just smiled, nodding at Sakura before sipping her tea. Before Sakura completely left the room, she glanced over at Jurina.

“Hatter… this tea tastes stra…” Her voice trailed off as she sat the cup down. Her eyes fluttering shut, she collapsed on the floor. The cat her face and curled up against her.

Sakura smirked, removing the hat on her head before walking to the door.

“Coming~” she called out innocently as she entered the living room. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see a face she hadn’t seen in a long time. “Haruppi!”

“Hey, Sakura.”

“It’s been too long! What are you doing here? I thought you were still in Hakata.”

“Summer break just started, so I thought I’d come visit you,” Haruka said, adjusting her glasses. “Speaking of, why are you in your uniform?”

“Oh, haha, I ended up having to do laundry. This is all I had to wear,” Sakura lied, her friend just giggling.

“You’re so weird, Sakura.”

She saw the girl about to approach her room, but stopped her.

“Hey, Haruka! Want me to make you something to eat? I recently bought some cake from the bakery; it’s really good!”

“Really?! I’d love some!”

“Alright. Just wait here, I’ll go get it.”

“Hai~”

As Sakura walked to the fridge, Haruka started looking around the apartment.

She must have Jurina locked in her room. That’s why she doesn’t want me going in there… Now where is her laptop?

 

“Here it is!”

She snapped back, turning to see the cake.

“Woah! It looks really good!” Haruka’s eyes sparkled. But behind her smile, she thought, I hope Sakura doesn’t suspect me… Otherwise, she might’ve drugged the cake.

 

“I’ve been pretty bored lately, so I’m glad you came over!”

“You sit down and turn on the TV. I’m gonna get us some drinks. You want tea?”

“Nah. Milk.”

“Alright.”

Once she saw Sakura leave again, she immediately whispered into her communicator watch, “Stay on guard, boys. I’m in. Once I give the signal, enter and subdue Mad Hatter.”

“Roger that, Kodama.”

She hid her watch as Sakura approached, hoping she wouldn’t notice the insignia of the White Rabbit on the face of it.

“Anything good on?”

“Hmm, let’s see…” Haruka flipped through the channels, her eyes quickly glancing at Sakura, and the food in front of them.

Okay, I need a plan. Sakura seems to trust me, so she probably hasn’t drugged the food. But I can’t let her find out I’m part of the White Rabbit. More importantly, I need to distract her long enough so I can get in her room and free Jurina. The question is, how?

 

“Ah! Look, Yokai Watch!” Sakura pointed out, humming in tune with the anime theme song. “This has gotten super popular at my school.”

“Mine too,” Haruka chuckled, looking around for a moment.

“Hm? You not hungry?”

“Ah, right!” Haruka grabbed her fork, picking up her plate to eat the cake. As she munched on the cake, the sweet taste of the cream hit , making her squeal. “Oishii!”

“Right?!”

The two chuckled as they enjoyed the anime while eating cake.

Nothing unusual with the cake. Good, she trusts me… I’m sorry for what I have to do, Sakura, but even though you’re my friend, you’re a criminal now. I need to do my job.

“Hey, Sakura, where’s the bathroom?”

“Oh, down the hall, to the right. It’s just beside my bedroom.”

“Thanks,” Haruka smiled, walking down the hall.

Sakura glanced back, watching Haruka go down the hall. She wanted to make sure she didn’t go in her room.

"Don’t go in… Don’t go in…"

She looked back, seeing Haruka open the bathroom door and locked it. She chuckled.

“Perfect. She’s none the wiser…” she chuckled. “Oh, Haruppi… I love you, but you truly are naive.”

BANG BANG BANG!


“Open up!” A loud voice called, making Sakura jump. “This is the White Rabbit!”

“Eh..?!” She got up from the couch, her body tensing. “How can this be? How did they know my location?! Did they track it from my laptop? No, that’s impossible!”

“Miyawaki Sakura, we know you’re in there! Come out with your hands up, and if you cooperate, no harm will come to you!”

She gritted her teeth, grabbing a baseball bat at the side of her couch. She gripped it tightly as she walked to the door, looking through the peephole. She could see men in white suits, the insignia of the organization they worked for on their chests.

"White Rabbit… Who sent you?!"

“Miyawaki-san, please! Unlock the door and let us in!”

Sakura growled, opening the door and immediately attacking the men in white. She swung her bat furiously, screaming as she violently fought them off.

“Freeze! Stop what you’re doing!” one of them said as they took their guns out.

Sakura just started laughing madly at them, continuing to swing her bat. She hit one of the men over the head, causing him to fall down, holding his bleeding head.

“Let us be mad… Hahahahaha! Let us be MAD! LET US BE MAD!!!” she laughed as she swung the bat blindly.

BANG!

She suddenly felt a sharp pain at her back. She turned and saw Haruka holding a gun, pointed at her.

“W-what…? Haru..ppi…?”

“Sorry, Sakura. I forgot to tell you,” she showed her watch. “I’m part of the White Rabbit, too.”

“No..way…” she whispered as she dropped her bat, falling to the ground.

Haruka sighed, putting her gun away.

“She’ll be knocked out for an hour or two. Jurina is in her bedroom, drugged. Transfer them both to their designated locations.”

“Yes, ma’am,” the men spoke. One picked up Sakura and carried her over their shoulder while two more went inside to retrieve Jurina.

Haruka knelt down to the man with the injured head, taking out a small spray bottle and spraying it on the wound to heal it. He hissed a bit before smiling at the young girl.

“Thanks, Kodama. You really are a prodigy.”

“Just doing my job.”

-----------------------

The next day…

“The bombs have been defused and Sakura is now locked up in our highest security prison. You did a job well done, Kodama. As for Matsui Jurina, we’ve already made plans to begin her recovery. She’s resisting us a bit, though. Perhaps you should regularly check on her.”

Haruka walked down the white hallways to the room where they were keeping Jurina. A padded room, where she could be monitored, and where she couldn’t get hurt.

“R-Rabbit..?! Cheshire..?!” she panicked as she tried to break down the walls of the room. “Where’s Hatter..?! Where are they..?!”

Haruka knocked on the door, making her turn around. She ran quickly to the door, holding onto the bars on the door window.

“Please, help me..!” she said while breathing quickly in her distress. “I don’t wanna be here..!”

“I know you don’t. But you need to.”

Jurina shook her head. “I want to be with Hatter..! Where is she..?!”

“The Mad Hatter… She did bad things. You won’t be able to see her anymore.”

The girl started to cry hysterically, leaning up against the door.

“No… no no no no no…” she whispered.

As she cried, Haruka reached out through the bars and touched her face. Wiping her tears with her thumb, she then handed her a rabbit doll. A doll that she owned and used to play with as a child.

“Rabbit..!” she hugged the doll tightly, petting its head.

“Jurina, I want you to listen to me,” she said. “It’s okay to go to Wonderland every once in a while. But if you always stay down in a rabbit hole, you’ll miss out on the world above you.”

“But… reality is scary. I want to always stay in a dream…”

“I understand that. The reason why people love dreams is because we only have them when we sleep. But they’re only precious if we wake up from them to go back to reality. If you’re always in a dream, even the vibrant colors you see will fade.”

She her cheek gently, giving her a kind smile as she calmed down.

“It’s time to wake up, Jurina. You can’t stay in Wonderland forever.”

Jurina slowly nodded, still holding the doll close. Haruka then left, smiling in relief.

She’s going to be just fine. Once she recovers, she’ll be good as new. Of course, her Alice Syndrome won’t disappear completely. What she’ll need to do is learn how to balance her mind and not let the madness fully take over. A mix of sane and crazy, logic and imagination.

I’ll be the one to teach her that… After all, I have Alice Syndrome too.