MakoNaanya - Fairy in a Miniskirt

Ruka Kikuchi's AKB/48G New Gen pairings OS/2S Collection

Naanya loves humans. She was always so curious about their world, and how they lived their lives. She would always watch them, from a close distance. Good thing, too, because since she was a fairy, normal humans couldn’t see her. The only ones who could were small children, or, to put more simply, anyone who believed in fairies.

She would always go to play with the children, and the one she loved to play with the most was a little girl named Mako. Mako loved fairies, and Naanya was her favorite playmate. The two would always play games like hide-and-seek when they were together. Mako also loved idols, and she would always sing and dance for the fairy. She’d even teach her some of the routines so she could dance with her.

As Mako got older, her belief in fairies never faded. Whenever she visited the playground, she would always see Naanya playing with the children. The fairy always gave her advice and listened to her problems, and whenever she had a bad day, she’d be the one to comfort her and cheer her up. The two were practically the best of friends.

Then, one day, Mako came to Naanya crying because she had a fight with one of her best friends at school. It was over a guy, a stupid guy. But it was a guy Mako’s friend liked, and because of a stupid misunderstanding, everything fell apart. Just like how the clouds were unable to clear from the sky, Naanya was unable to cheer Mako up. She eventually stopped coming to see her since then and Naanya was alone. Several weeks passed since then, and Naanya continued to wait, hoping her friend would return.

A drop of rain fell on her head, and then it picked up. She had to find shelter quick, or she wouldn’t be able to fly home. She stood under a tree where her wings could stay dry. Then, in the distance, she saw Mako by herself. She tried to call out to her, but she didn’t hear her. Naanya was worried it was because of the rain.

Then, she saw two girls approach Mako, the two smiling. Naanya had recognized them, the two were her closest friends, Nana and Miki. She tried to get closer, listening to their conversation. Miki was talking about how someone in the school mentioned they saw what might have been a fairy. Nana told her to stop joking and hit her head, but Miki then asked if Mako believed in fairies…

“Fairies? I don’t believe they exist.”

“Eh..?”

The two laughed and started walking together, never seeing Naanya. The fairy started to cry underneath the tree. She had lost her best friend and favorite human being to play with, all because she stopped believing in her. After crying, she started to walk under the rain, deprived of her hope. She leaned against the brick wall of an alley and let the rain fall of her, getting her body soaked and dampening her wings.

“Naanya, there you are,” It was then another fairy, Ryouka, approached her. She was Naanya’s senpai and her closest friend amongst the fairies, she looked at her with worried eyes and Naanya immediately hugged her.

“Ryouka-chan… Mako.. she doesn’t believe in me anymore… I don’t know what to do… I just want her to be happy… I want to be by her side…”

“You love this human, don’t you?”

She nodded. “I do.”

“What would you give up to be with her?”

Naanya hesitated, gripping onto Ryouka’s shirt, before answering…

“My wings.”

That moment, Naanya’s wings disappeared. She was now a human.

She started walking the streets on her own, looking for her friend. She then saw Mako coming out of a convenience store. When Mako looked up, she saw Naanya standing in the rain. Naanya smiled, tears still falling down her face along with raindrops.

Mako didn’t recognize the girl, but she felt sorry for her. She walked over, opening her umbrella to block the rain, and let Naanya step under with her, even though she was already soaked.

“You’ll get sick,” she said.

“Don’t worry. The rain never bothered me.”

“Aren’t you cold?” Mako then asked, seeing Naanya in a sleeveless white dress.

“N-no…”

However, she saw the girl was shivering. She took off her jacket and let Naanya wear it.

“There. It’ll keep you warm for now.”

“Th-thank you, Mako-chan…”

“Eh? How do you know my name?”

“Uh, oh… I accidentally heard someone say your name. We passed by each other in the street, and you didn’t see me. I’m Naanya, by the way.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Um… do you want to go for a walk?”

“Eh?”


“Just to, y’know… get to know each other.”

“Uh okay… Where should we..?”

“I’ll show you.” Naanya took the girl’s hands and they started walking.

They started walking downtown until they arrived at the park. the children’s park, where all their memories were held. Mako gave Naanya a confused look.

“Why are we here?”

“This is an important place to me,” Naanya said.

The rain started to lift, so Naanya stepped out and stood on the swing, moving it to start swinging. Mako closed the umbrella and watched her. Something about her seemed familiar, and that’s when something started to click. Something she forgot about, something very important and dear to her, but because she was so heartbroken, she had forgot.

As the sun started to shine through the clouds, she swore she could see wings on Naanya’s back. Her eyes widened at the sight and she stared in awe, even as the light faded and the wings of light disappeared. Naanya stepped off the swing and smiled.

“You remember me, don’t you?”

Mako nodded.

“Naanya… I’m so sorry I forgot.”

“It’s okay. I know you were just sad. And I forgive you.”

“Can we still be friends?”

“Of course! I became human for you, Mako-chan. We can always be together now!”

Mako smiling, hugging the former fairy. They then looked up and saw a beautiful rainbow forming in the sky over their heads. With their friendship rebonded, the two held hands and started walking together, where they would restart the days of their friendship.