Do I Want to Know? (If This Feeling Flows Both Ways)

Why am I in love alone (Why am I hurting alone)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Me 3 years ago: I will never make a sequel to Why Am I In Love Alone, NEVER
me in 2017: *sees a hot pic of Jinyoung* well.... about that!!

 

 

 

 

Lynn said she was happy, and yes, she was. She didn't lie about that fact. But in no way did that mean she was fine.  She was the farthest from being that. And Jinyoung knew that quite well. So, it didn't come to him as a surprise when the girl didn't attend the next day, especially since it was a Friday. And when she did show up that Monday, Jinyoung just silently passed her the notes of the classes she missed. 

Lynn looked back at him with a raised brow. "Since when do you write notes?"  

Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders. "You always let me brow your notes even in the exams period. So, I thought I should return the favor now that I can." 

"Wow." Lynn breathed, staring at the pile of papers as if she has never seen such a thing. "Since when were you that nice?"  

"I have always been nice, you were just too blinded by Ju-" Jinyoung bit his tongue, cursing himself for such a stupid slip of tongue. He glanced back at Lynn, too scared to see her reaction.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lynn questioned with an unimpressed tone. "I am not gonna break down just from the mention of his name. So, you better not look at me with such pity now, especially when Jungkook and In-a are around." 

"You are still gonna hang out with them? Like there's nothing ing wrong?" Jinyoung exclaimed, visibly irritated.  

"What do you want me to do then?" Lynn retorted in a similar tone. "I can't just cut my best friends out just because of a stupid crush."

"Am sure a stupid crush wouldn't have you calling me in the middle of the night just for a hug."

Lynn groaned, hiding her face between her hands. "Can we act like that didn't happen?" 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. "Lynn, you can't live your life in pretend like that. First you wanna act like there's nothing wrong in front of Jungkook and In-a and now you wanna act like you didn't hug me like a little ki-" 

Lynn pinched Jinyoung's arm, getting a yelp from him and efficiently shutting him up. "Can't you just let me live my lie?"  

"I can't. When it's obviously just gonna you up even more." Jinyoung said as he rubbed on his arm. "And for the record this hurts like a ." 

"I don't know who's the kid now. You whiny baby." 

"Someday am gonna die, and it's only then will you realize how much you have wronged me." 

"I don't know how am doing you wrong if all I did was state truths." 

"I can't believe I felt pity for you for even a second. I can't ing believe I intended to be nice to such a witch."  

Lynn stuck her tongue out at him teasingly and he glared at her in fake anger. Knowing well that this is all just a facade the girl was maintaining. As he knew she had already started playing pretend the moment she entered the classroom. 

"You are already back at it?" The teacher, that the two didn't notice had entered, said, looking at the two bickering students in disappointment. 

Jinyoung groaned and Lynn apologized with a sheepish smile. "I really think you two shouldn't be sitting beside each other. I have never seen Jinyoung focused in class and jotting everything I say, except for the day Lynn was absent." 

 

"I think I should attend less then, for the sake of Jinyoungie's education." Lynn joked and the teacher chuckled at that, while Jinyoung scoffed.

 

And before the two can say anything else. The teacher moved to her desk, asking the students to go to their places so she can start the class. Lynn glanced at Jinyoung before focusing back at the teacher. 

 

She hoped the boy knew she was grateful for the effort he had put to make those notes, but also grateful for so much more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The lunch break came quicker than Lynn anticipated. And to say that she wasn’t ready for it would be an understatement. She started dragging herself to the door in disdain, wracking her brain for all the excuses she can come up with to bail on her friends. Jinyoung held her elbow from behind her, stopping her in her tracks.

 

“You really don’t need to have lunch with them if you don’t want to.”

 

“Really?” Lynn yelled excitedly, before coughing and fixing her tone. “I mean that would be stupid. Also that, there’s no reason for me not to have lunch with you all.”

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “I mean if you are bailing, so am I. I don’t wanna third wheel those, it would be so ing awkward.”

Lynn went silence for a second after hearing what Jinyoung had said, while the later tried to discreetly smack his mouth for the bull it keeps spluttering. “Let’s just get going. It’s not like it’s the end of the world or something. I have seen them act lovey dovey for weeks now.” Lynn muttered, as she linked arms with the boy and started dragging him with her to the cafeteria. The weight of his arm linked with hers giving her a fake sense of support.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reaching the cafeteria, Lynn felt like making a detour when she spotted In-a and Jungkook seated painfully close to each other in their usual table. Jinyoung noticed how the girl’s pace slowed so he slowed down too. “You want to change your mind?”

 

“Yes," Lynn said at first.  "Wait no. We are doing this.” She then exclaimed a bit too loudly as she started marching her way to the table. Jinyoung shook his head at the girl, smiling awkwardly at the students that were staring at them due to all the noise the girl made.

 

“You are a bit out of control I must say.”

 

“Who needs control when you have insanity?”

 

Jinyoung sighed. “You are gonna make me worry even more at this rate, with you saying such bull.”

 

Lynn patted his back. “Don’t worry about this . She’s a big girl.”

 

“Big girl she says." Jinyoung said with a shake of his head. "You're not a big girl, you're a kid." 

 

“How you know?” Lynn said with a creepy low voice. "How you know am not big?" 

 

Jinyoung burst out laughing and Lynn winked at him. "You're so done." He said with a chuckle.

 

Silence fell back between them as they approached the ‘couple’. Jinyoung liked to label them as such even if they weren’t official, it was easier to refer to them. But also throw shade at their obvious asses.

 

“What took you so long?” Jungkook asked as the two finally took place at the table. 

“Traffic.” Jinyoung joked and In-a giggled at that while Jungkook only scoffed. “Very funny.”

“I know, I work as a part time clown. So, like I am bound to be funny.” Jinyoung stated with an eye roll and Jungkook threw a used tissue at him. “Leave your sarcasm to yourself.”

 

“Geez, sorry I was just trying to bring happiness to all of your miserable lives.”

Lynn, who was trying to busy herself with her lunch, failed to hold in her snort. “Wow, thanks a lot mate. I would have zero happiness if not for you.”

In-a cooed. “Aren’t you two the cutest?”

 

Lynn was gonna give her best friend a sarcastic retort when Jungkook beat her to it. "I thought we were the cutest.” He whined with a fake pout. Lynn glanced back at her food, while Jinyoung said. “Leave your bull to the bedroom.”

 

“Look who’s talking, mister I bring happiness to your life over there.”

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, deciding to not start a verbal fight with Jungkook. As he knew that he had great but stupid tongue slips, and he would have for sure said something he wasn’t supposed to. Jungkook just ignored him, as he turned back to Lynn.

“How are you feeling by the way?” he asked, and it took Lynn a long moment there to realize someone was even talking to her.

“What?”

 

“I asked you about how you are feeling.” Jungkook repeated with a chuckle at the confused girl.

 

Lynn raised her eyebrow. “I am feeling good, why you ask?”

 

“Well, weren’t you sick past Friday?”

 

Jinyoung glanced back at Lynn in question, only to find her in equal state of confusion. “how would you know?” she asked, suggesting that she was in fact sick and that Jinyoung just didn’t know.

 

“I told him.” In-a chipped in, and that was when it hit Jinyoung that In-a had questioned Lynn’s absence that day. And that Lynn had lied to her friend, yet again.

 

 “Ah right.” Lynn laughed awkwardly, clearly taken back that Jungkook gets her news from In-a now. Rather than directly from her. “I am doing great now, it was nothing that the meds wouldn’t help.”

 

“I am glad. I got really worried for a sec.” Jungkook said in a relieved tone.

You should have worried for hours, Jinyoung wanted to say but didn’t. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was planning to confess to In-a in the weekend, but you were sick :/ I think I’ll have to leave it for next weekend  

Right?

Lynn received from Jungkook that night, the message tempting her to throw her phone and not think of this whole ordeal so badly. The girl wanted to tell the boy to get her out of his plan of his, but of course she found herself typing a completely different message.

 

Sure, whatever suits you

 

Well do you have any idea on how I should do it?

I at doing this

Heck, I have never done such a thing

 

Lynn groaned. Not only did her crush want her to help him confess to her best friend. But she really didn’t have any actual idea on how he can confess. She wasn’t good in these stuff either.

In similar situations in the past, Lynn would have called In-a at this point. But considering the current situation, Lynn opted to call Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung answered from the first ring. “Hello?” he said hesitantly.

 

“Yeah, hi.”

 

 

Lynn could hear Jinyoung sigh in relief. “I thought you were on that park again.”

 

“ you man, I thought I told you not to mention that bull again.” Lynn whined. “You know what? Calling you was a huge mistake, am hanging up.”

 

“Wait no.” Jinyoung yelled. “I am just joking, come on. I bring you happiness in your life and all that jazz, don’t I?”

 

Lynn rolled her eyes, and was sure Jinyoung knew she did so without having to even see her. “I am not gonna hang up, only cause I need you.”

“What a , so you are basically only friends with me to use me? For how long, for how long was our friendship based on lies? Tell me and free me from this misery.”

 

“Did you drink something today?” Lynn muttered and Jinyoung chuckled. “Am in a weird mood, just humor me and laugh at this lameness.”

 

Lynn scoffed. “Laugh? Boy, you should be thanking your god I am not shooting you at this point.”

 

“Shut the up, you love me and my amazing sense of humor.” Jinyoung declared. “What did you need anyway?”

 

“Oh right, .” Lynn cursed, legit forgetting completely about Jungkook’s message and that she hadn’t even replied yet. But she also realized how easily Jinyoung could distract her from the that she doesn't want to think of. “Well, Jungkook texted me. And he wants me to help him with his plan of confessing, which he wants to do in this weekend.”

 

“I thought you don’t want to help him.”

 

“I thought you knew that I would do so anyway.”

 

“I believe you should tell him you don’t want to.”

 

“I believe that I would never get myself to admit that.”

 

Jinyoung groaned. “Why did you even call me if you aren’t going to listen to me?”

 

Lynn laughed sheepishly and Jinyoung knew that only trouble was going to follow. “I want you to find me a plan for him, cause I really can’t think of one.”

 

Jinyoung scoffed. “Give me one ing legitimate reason why I would do such an absurd thing.”

 

“Because you know so much about these stuff. You are like the know it all in this field. Mister flirty guy, right?”

 

“I don’t know if what you said was a compliment or an insult. But considering am single as , I am taking it as the later.”

 

“Oh, come on. You know you are single only cause you aren’t even seriously trying, or even interested in anyone. You would get any girl if you as much as smile at her.”

 

Silence fell from the other side, that Lynn actually thought that the line was cut. “Jinyoung?” she said after she had checked that the call was in fact still connected.

“Oh, yeah. Right. Weren’t we going to find Jungkook a plan?”

 

“Yes, Baby.” Lynn yelled in excitement. “You are truly a life savior.”

 

Lynn put on her earphones, so she can talk to Jinyoung and text Jungkook. “Why don’t you tell him to ask her for a date, then he confess there somehow or something.” Jinyoung suggested.

 

“Isn’t that the obvious thing to do? The date thing I mean. He did say he wanted to do it in the weekend, so.”

 

“Don’t you know Jungkook? I can already imagine him texting her Saturday morning. I am sure he only wanted it to be in the weekend, so if she said no, he would have two days to think of how he can change schools. And if she did say yes, it’s then when he would ask her out on a date.”

 

“Wow.” Lynn said in amazement. “That really does sound like something he would do. I didn’t know you knew him that well.”

 

“I am just good at identifying .”

“Cause you are one?”

 

“I am helping you here, you can’t be insulting me like that, .”

 

Lynn laughed. “Sorry, sorry. My bad.”

 

“Just text his already.”

 

“On it.”

 

Sorry for the late reply, I was eating

So you are intending to take her to a date in the weekend right?

Lynn felt like a compulsive liar, as the lies came out of her without her even thinking. But she gave no s about that at this point.

 

Not really  

I had nothing in mind to be honest, but that sounds good

What kind of date though?

 

“He’s asking what kind of date.”

 

“Can’t he like figure his life out on his own?” Jinyoung whined.

“I don’t know why I get the title of whiny when that’s all you ing do.”

 

“Cause I do it with class, while, as the title suggest, you do it very ily.”

 

“Why am I friends with you again?” 

 

“Because you are using me, remember?” Jinyoung said sarcastically.

 

“Oh right, I actually forgot that for a moment. Thanks for the reminder.”

 

“We aren’t going to get a stupid plan for that hoe at this point.” 

“YOU KEEP ON DISTRACTING ME.” Lynn yelled.

 

“What the mate, I legit am the only one who keeps reminding you of that.”

“Okay, okay. Let’s not go off topics again. I don’t have something else to blame my late replies on.”

 

Jinyoung scoffed. “He should be grateful you are even responding at all.”

 

“What’s with all the hate?”

 

“Beca-, don’t make me start actually. It’s not time for that. Well anyway, I hate thinking of date ideas. Especially for a girl I don’t really know, like I know what you would like but I have no idea what In-a would prefer.” Jinyoung held his breath for a moment, suddenly feeling like what he just said might sound weird.

 

“I know right. I am having the same problem because I keep on thinking of stuff I like.”

 

The boy sighed in relief when Lynn seemed like she didn’t think twice of his words. “Should we just go for something cliché like the Han river or something.”

 

“Would she appreciate somewhere crowded like that?”

 

“That’s the thing girl, I DON’T ING KNOW.”

 

Lynn groaned. “I am tired and sleepy. I don’t even know why am doing this.”

“Neither do I. Neither do I.”

 

Lynn chuckled. “Chill, boy. I will just tell him about the Han river, and that I’ll think of something else some other day, cause like bye, no not today.”

 

“Yes, please. Cause you are starting to sound real drunk, and I know that’s your cue to ing sleep.”

 

“I know right, well then I’ll let you sleep. Sorry for the trouble.”

“You better be." Jinyoung said, even though he didn’t mind at all. He would rather talk to the girl than sleep. But again, the girl only called him so they can help Jungkook, who was trouble himself, and that Jinyoung did mind.

“Well anyway, See you tomorrow. Good night Jinyoungie.”

Jinyoung didn’t say anything for a moment, so Lynn was going to hang up. But before she did so, he did. “Good night, Lynn.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought of something.” Lynn said first thing to Jinyoung, as she sat beside him in class.

“Good morning to you too, sunshine.” Jinyoung said sarcastically.

Lynn laughed. “Sorry, sorry. Good Morning Mr. Park.”

“Isn’t it too late now?”

“Better late than never.”

“Right, right. And what did you think of? It’s rare seeing you thinking and all, so.”

“Mean.” Lynn pouted. “Well last night I had the great idea to ask In-a what kind of confession she would like. It’s better than having us torturing our brains.”

“Wouldn’t that be obvious? I don’t think Jungkook would appreciate that. But again, he burdened you with this, so I don’t think his opinion should even matter.”

“I am not stupid, man. I have a great plan to open this subject with her, without making her suspicious of anything.”

“Oh, you do? Enlighten me then, please.”

“Well, you know how she thinks I have a crush on you.” Lynn said and Jinyoung hummed quietly. “I can just start telling her all the ways I would love for you to confess to me, and then I will hit her with ‘what about you? How would you want someone to confess to you’.”

“S-sounds good, I think.” Jinyoung chuckled awkwardly and Lynn raised her eyebrow at him. But then the teacher came, stopping Lynn from questioning him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After classes, Lynn dragged In-a with her to their favorite ice cream place. In-a laughed at the seemingly excited girl. “Why the rush?”

“I am a man on a mission.” Lynn declared.

In-a chuckled. “What mission, girl?”

“A mission to treat my best friend to ice cream. How can you not guess?”

In-a rolled her eyes. “Very nice of you.”

They soon got to the place, and took a place on a table by the huge window. “So, what’s up?” In-a asked.

“Nothing. I just missed you.” Lynn pouted.

“Of course, you would, you are always hanging out with Jinyoung. Heck even when we are all together, you don’t talk much. And when you do, it’s with Jinyoung. Like, I get it, you have a crush on him, but still.” In-a complained. 

“What?” Lynn yelled defensively. “What do you mean I don’t talk much? And for the record, you are always with Jungkook and . I am legit surprised you even noticed. Plus, you are always texting him or on the phone with him. Therefore, we are doing less of that.”

In-a’s face turned red, as if Lynn just caught her red-handed. “I mean, you know-“

“It’s okay. I am not blaming you or anything. But just don’t give me for things you are doing, and we are cool.”

In-a smiled. “True, I am sorry. Well, you didn’t update me on anything with you and Jinyoung. I am sure things are going somewhere, right?”

Lynn giggled. “I mean, I guess they are. I am having this feeling that he’s going to confess soon. Like it’s obvious he has a crush on me too, right?”

“Girl, obvious is an understatement. Anyone who sees you two, or just sees the way Jinyoung looks at you would know he likes you.”

Lynn found it funny how In-a saw things that weren’t even there only because she believed them to be true. “I know right. I really hope he confesses in a cute way though. Yet I have a feeling that he will make it weird somehow, cause like hello it’s Jinyoung we are talking about here.” Lynn said, crossing her fingers in hopes In-a falls for the bait. 

“What kind of confession do you even want?” In-a questioned, falling right into Lynn’s bait. A waiter came to give them their orders just then, and Lynn smirked in triumph as In-a got distracted by her ice cream.

“Well I want him to take me on a date, first. I am not having a confession in school or something. Hell nah, .”

“I agree, it would be too awkward in the school. I can’t even imagine.”

“Yeah. And like you know how much I love nature and all that romantic . So, I think it would be cool if he took me somewhere like the Han river. Or like some pretty park for a picnic or something.”

In-a looked at Lynn weirdly. “Are you serious, ?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I just don’t like places like that. I would rather have something casual you know. Like a noodle shop or something like that.”

“I will literally shove my chopsticks up his if he confesses to me in a noodle shop.”

In-a laughed. “Oh, come on.”

“No, I mean I get nervous if we are somewhere like that. I would feel like everyone is staring at me.”

“Well I would get more nervous if we were somewhere like you wanted. I was never confessed to as you know, so I can’t even imagine. That’s why I prefer if it was something simple and casual, so I don’t feel too out of my bubble.”

“Ah, I see. We are getting nervous over very different stuff here.” Lynn joked.

“Yeah. Well I hope Jinyoung doesn’t up. Though I lowkey want him to take you to a noodles store and having to deal with chopsticks deep inside his .”

Lynn burst out laughing. “, why are you like this?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am back with good news

Lynn texted Jungkook right when she got home. Wanting to get over with this as soon as possible.

Reallyyyyyyy ?

Yeah, I talked to In-a, and don’t worry I made nothing obvious and made it sound like it has nothing to do with her; well just don’t question how I did it

ANYWAY

I am gonna give you now the perfect plan, and you just follow it

Take her out for lunch, somewhere casual and cute, you decide,

And after lunch, take her on a walk somewhere around, make sure the place around is pretty

It would be cool if you get ice cream at that time, then confess to her then

How should I confess?  

Can you actually figure anything on your own?

Don’t be like this

I never confessed before and you know am awkward af

Should I go on one knee, that’s what people do in movies  

DUDE NO
DO NOT EVER GO ON YOUR KNEES! IN NO CIRCUMENSTANCES!!! EVEN TO TIE YOUR SHOELACES

People go down on their knees for marriage proposals you brat

Make it simple dude, In-a doesn’t like extra like that

Just express your feelings

And don’t tell me how, cause I am not about to teach you how to express your own feels

Okay okay I won’t

Thanks a lot anyway

You were of such a great help

I don’t know how I can return the favor

I hope you and Jinyoung work it up soon  

Lynn sighed, knowing that the only way for him to return the favor is to turn around this sick fate. But there was no way. Yeah, hopefully. She texted back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For once the weekend came quicker than Lynn expected. And for once, she wasn’t excited for it. She didn’t want to spend her Saturday thinking of what In-a and Jungkook would be doing. And how that could be her and Jungkook. And try to guess what In-a’s reaction would be to the confession. And dwell on how pathetic she is.

Lynn intended to sleep in, to live as little of the day as possible. But she ended up waking up at 10am, rather than any time later than noon. Her body wasn’t having it, and dread was consuming her. She didn’t seem to register that Jungkook liked In-a, and that the latter most likely reciprocated the feelings until now. Now that the two will become official and Lynn would have to witness all their chemistry and all.

“Aren’t you going to have breakfast?” Lynn’s mother asked, as Lynn threw herself on the woman that was sitting on one of the living room’s couch.

“I don’t wanna.” Lynn whined.

“You woke up early enough to have breakfast and not lunch for once. Why are you losing on such an opportunity?”

“I really don’t feel like eating. Or doing anything. Or existing at all.”

 

Lynn’s mother glanced at her daughter in worry. “Why? Is anything wrong? Did something happen?”

Lynn sighed. “Nothing is wrong, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.”

Before the girl’s mother could pester her daughter for more answers, Lynn’s phone rang. “Oh, it’s Jinyoung. I will be back in a second.” Lynn said as she skipped to her room.

“Hi.” Lynn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter