bubblegum (hojong)

infinite masquerade

Pairing: Hojong.

Genre: Fluff.

Prompt: Sungjong has to cut his hair because a chewing gum got stuck in it.

 

Sungjong was lying on the couch, eating popcorn while watching tv. Since it was Saturday, he didn't have to go to school, so he planned spending the whole day just doing nothing. Maybe he could go for a walk later in the evening, when the weather allowed him to move somewhere without air conditioner.

There was a loud knock on the door and, sighing, he stood up. His parents weren't at home, they were at his grandmother's house for the whole weekend, and his brother was going to spend the weekend in a camping with his friends. So he was all alone at home. And of course he wouldn't miss the chance to invite his best friend.

Hoya was leaning slightly against the door, wearing black shorts and a baggy t-shirt.

“Hello.” he greeted, smiling brightly and Hoya nodded his head, walking through the door.

He was carrying a quite huge bag, and Sungjong frowned.

“What did you bring? You're only going to stay for the weekend, you know.”

“Are you already kicking me out?” asked Hoya, raising an eyebrow.

Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“You're so annoying.”

They sat on the sofa for a few hours, Sungjong resting his head on Hoya's lap, watching a film, while the other touched his hair, his fingers getting lost in the long strands of auburn hair.

“Wanna go out?” asked Hoya, around 8 p.m “I think we can go out now without melting.”

“Alright.”

Sungjong went to his bedroom to change clothes, wearing light blue jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt.

“How do you manage to look so good even when you're just wearing causal clothes, it's not even fair, man.” said Hoya when he was in the living room again, making him blush.

“Shut up.”

There were a lot of people in the streets, be it friends, families or couples. They all seemed to be enjoying their free time. Sungjong breathed in once they were in the port, feeling the fresh air filling his lungs, and stretched his arms.

“You look so happy.” said Hoya, smiling slightly while looking at Sungjong.

“I feel so happy.” he answered. “I want to keep feeling this happy at least until I start my exams.”

“I'll try to keep you happy even then.”

Sungjong blushed and shifted his gaze to the ground, turning around a bit so Hoya wasn't able to see his red cheeks.

The port was at 10 minutes walk from his house, and it had really nice views.

“Ohh, there's somewhere I want to go!” said suddenly Sungjong, excitedly, and grabbed Hoya's hand to take him with him.

Hoya let the boy guide him through the streets, never letting go of his hand.

“Look.”

They were in another completely different part of the port where Hoya had never been before. It was like some kind of cliff, which allowed them to see the sea, the waves crashing roughly against the rocks.

“It's really nice.” he said, a bit amazed, and Sungjong nodded.

They sat there for a while, talking about little things without really much importance, but they didn't really mind.

“Hey, do you want a chewing gum?” asked Hoya, pulling the pack out of his pants.

“Yes.”

It tasted of strawberries, and the flavour quickly melted in Sungjong's tongue.

After more or less five minutes more, the wind became strong, tousling Sungjong's hair. He used to have long hair, which sometimes covered his eyes, but Hoya was always there to brush the strands off.

He was chewing his gum, making a bubble gum, when the wind moved his hair and the gum got stuck in it.

“.” he cursed, and Hoya looked at him, alarmed.

“Yah, watch your mouth!”

“The gum got stuck in my hair!!” at this point Sungjong was almost shouting. “Oh my God, please remove it!”

“Let me have a look.”

Hoya moved closer, looking for the gum in his hair, which unfortunately was stuck so hard he was unable to remove it.

“You're going to have to cut it...” he said, softly, because he knew how much Sungjong loved his long hair.

“Are you kidding me?” Sungjong was panicking at this point, and tried to look at the strand where the chewing gum was, but he couldn't see it.

“Sadly, no. And you're going to have to cut a lot.”

“What the hell?”

“It's stuck on the bangs, so you better cut it or it will look weird.”

Sungjong let out a frustrated sigh. Why did that happen to him.

“I'll go to the hairdresser tomorrow with you, if you want to.” suggested Hoya, putting a few strands of the boy's hair behind his ear to look properly at his eyes. “And don't worry too much, your hair will grow again.”

“I know.” answered Sungjong, pouting. “Anyways, let's go back home. We've got a lot of things to do tonight and it's already late. Shall we order some food?”

 

****

 

The following day, when they went out of the hairdresser, Hoya suddenly stopped, and so did Sungjong.

“What's wrong?” he asked, frowning a bit.

“You see, I told you there was nothing to worry about. You look as beautiful as always.”

Sungjong pouted as he felt himself blushing.

“Stop complimenting me so much, it makes me nervous.”

“But you are.”

And then Hoya leaned in and stole a little peck from Sungjong's lips.

“Now let's go, I think we should go and try icecream today, instead of chewing gum.”

 


this is actually a gift for a friend ^~^