desidero (woogyu)

infinite masquerade

Pairing: Woogyu

Genre: Angst

desidero: (latin word). to long for, wish for greatly, to miss.

 

If Woohyun had to choose one miracle in his life, one moment he cherishes wholeheartedly, it would probably be when he first met Sunggyu.

That day he was late to work and was running down the streets of Seoul, until he crashed against someone in the middle of the road. They both had fallen with a loud thud to the floor, and even though he would not make it in time to work now, he still stood up and helped the stranger to get up.

They met several times after that. He found out the stranger was working on a café next to his office, so he always stopped by after work, and they started getting closer.

Kim Sunggyu, that was his name, he knew it by looking at the label on his uniform.

He learned that Sunggyu loved music more than anything in this world, and he got a very beautiful voice, Woohyun could hear it every day. He also learned that Sunggyu was afraid of dogs and loved chocolate, but was allergic to strawberries.

He fell in love with Sunggyu. He still loves Sunggyu, he thinks.

“So this is it, right?” says Sunggyu, looking at him across the bed they had shared so many times. “This is how it ends.”

Sunggyu closed his eyes, but Woohyun's image was still vivid in his mind. He still remembers the very first time he saw Woohyun, who was all sweaty and obviously in a rush, but he still stopped and helped him. Sunggyu found it endearing, and he tried to deny that his heart skipped a beat everytime the boy came to the café during the afternoons (lately he found out Woohyun spent all that time there only to be with him). He learned that Woohyun loved literature, probably as much as he loved music. He was very fond in sappy films and was always wearing his heart on his sleeve.

He thinks he has loved Woohyun. He thinks he still does.

“Don't look at me like that.” replied Woohyun, his voice low and hoarse, as if he had been crying. “You were the one who wanted to stop this.”

Sunggyu sighed, looking at the pouty lips. How much he wanted to kiss them again.

“Maybe we'll meet again.” he said, and tried to keep his voice under control or else it would break at any second. “Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic. Maybe then I’ll be right for you and you’ll be right for me. Maybe we can work out then. But right now, I am chaos to your thoughts and you are poison to my heart. This is for the best.”

Woohyun bit his lower lip, trying to process the words.

“What if we don't meet again.” he asked, fear could be hear in his voice. “Or what if we meet again and you are married with someone else, or I am. What then.”

“Then that means we were never meant to be together.”

Woohyun sighed.

“Don't be sad.” he ordered, getting up of the bed and picking up his clothes from the floor. “I am the sappy one in this...relationship, you're not allowed to be sad.”

“I know.”

Woohyun wasn't sure at that moment if he wanted to forget Sunggyu or if he rathered holding onto him even if it was just through faded memories.

“Don't stay here.” Sunggyu states, bitterly. “I know you're probably thinking that you should stay here just in case I come back anytime soon, but that won't happen.”

Woohyun let out a sad laugh.

“I know.” he says. “ But it will be pretty difficult to forget about you when this entire city is filled with you.” he answered, already opening the door of Sunggyu's bedroom.

“Maybe we'll meet again.” he hears Sunggyu saying before he closes the door.

If Woohyun had to choose just one moment so painful he had wished he was dead, it would probably be when he left and sent Sunggyu away.