standing face to face (2woo)

infinite masquerade

Pairing: 2woo

Genre: Fluff

Prompt: where dongwoo and woohyun are 17 years old, go to the same high school and play football together so they can go eat after the matches.

 

“Hyung!”

Dongwoo kept running through the field, kicking the ball with his feet, keeping perfect control over it and ignoring the protests the younger male made, who was running after him.

“You're so slow, Woohyun-ah.” he answered, smiling, and Woohyun pouted.

“If you didn't run so fast, we could play well.”

Dongwoo snorted, removing the hair off his face, and cleaned the sweat of his forehead with the sleeve of his t-shirt.

Woohyun was breathing hard and leaned down to rest his hands on his knees, trying to calm down his heartbeat and the pain in his stomach that said he had run too much.

Dongwoo looked at him while putting his foot on the ball, curving his lips into another smile.

“Aigoo, you get tired so easily! And I'm supposed to be the older one here.”

Without any warning, Woohyun stood up and kicked the ball, unbalancing Dongwoo and took the control of it. Dongwoo opened his mouth, offended, but quickly started laughing as he tried to run after the boy, who somehow had run so fast he was almost on the football goal.

And, indeed, Woohyun scored before Dongwoo could stop him, and he threw his fists into the air, in victory.

“Ha!” he exclaimed, mockingly. “I won!”

“You didn't win.” replied Dongwoo. “I've scored three goals, so you are still losing, you baby.”

“Yah!” Woohyun gave him a look. “Who are you calling a baby!?”

Dongwoo burst out laughing and Woohyun only pouted even more, but his annoyance quickly dissipated as he saw that the boy had stolen the ball again.

“.” he murmured. “Hyung! Wait for me!”

While Woohyun was running to catch him, he tripped over in the grass and he lost his balance and dropped onto the floor, scratching his knees, his palms and his chin.

Dongwoo stopped running when he saw the younger was not following him, and when he saw the boy lying on the floor, he ran to him as fast as he could.

“Woohyun-ah!” he shouted, kneeling next to him. “Are you alright?”

Woohyun turned around to be lying on his back and Dongwoo could see the bruises and cuts he had on his skin.

“Aish.” he whispered, holding Woohyun's face to look at him closer.

Woohyun felt Dongwoo's breathe against his skin and felt his stomach twitch.

“Hyung.”

“Uhm?”

“It hurts a lot.”

Dongwoo cracked a little smile because, despite the fall, Woohyun was still terribly cute.

“Okay, let's go to the restaurant I told you about before. I'll ask for a first aid kit there.”

The way to the restaurant wasn't excessively long but it was slowed down due to the fact that it was super hot and they were already sweating profusely, so walking quickly would have made them melt right there.

Woohyun's knee had a small cut that was bleeding and the rest were all scratches and bruises, but the boy took the chance to put his arm around Dongwoo's neck and be closer to him, since Dongwoo had already surrounded his waist with his own arm, 'helping' him to walk.

“You're such a drama queen.” said Dongwoo, rolling his eyes, when he saw that Woohyun could perfectly walk once they were inside the restaurant.

The boy blushed slightly and shifted his gaze from Dongwoo's to look at the restaurant. It was small, but it seemed homely and cozy.

One of the tables nearer to the door was empty, and Dongwoo told him to sit down while he went for the aid kit. An elder woman, around her seventies, approached his table to take his order, and Woohyun ordered two pepsis and two 'special dishes'.

Dongwoo came back a few minutes later, carrying a small box in his arms and he put it on the table before squatting in front of Woohyun, who felt his cheeks turning bright red.

“Do you also have fever?” asked Dongwoo, putting his hand on his forehead, and Woohyun shook his head. “Maybe it's because of the fall.”

The box contained several pieces of cotton, a bottle of alcohol and other of hydrogen peroxide. Thanks God, Dongwoo used the hydrogen peroxide, or Woohyun would have been crying for a while.

Dongwoo poured the liquid on the cotton and began to slowly and carefully apply it against Woohyn's chin, who hissed in pain, but he bit his lips to supress any whimper. After all, he was not a kid anymore. The older gently grabbed his chin as he was healing him, so close that Woohyun thought he could probably feel his heart racing and was going to think he was about to have a heart attack.

When he finished healing his face, Dongwoo gave him one of those smiles that Woohyun loved so much, and focused on his knee this time.

“You need to be more careful, Woohyun-ah.” said Dongwoo, leaving the cotton on the table once he had finished, but he didn't move from the floor. “What would happen with me if one of these days you fall and hit your head.”

Woohyun opened his mouth to say something, but the waitress interrupted their conversation by bringing the food.

“What has happened to you, young man? Did you fall?” she asked, staring at Woohyun's face and his bruised hands, who nodded, irritated for having been interrupted.

“Thanks for the food.” said Dongwoo, slightly bowing his head, and the waitress smiled, gratefully.

They ate in silent for a while, but Woohyun could still feel the stinging and Dongwoo's touch on his skin. Thinking about the latter made the pain look insignificant.

“Hyung, here.”

Dongwoo lifted his gaze from the dish only to see Woohyun's fork right in front of his face, offering him a piece of his food, and he gladly ate it.

When they finished eating, the heat in the streets hadn't cease at all, but Woohyun couldn't care less when Dongwoo took his hand and entangled their fingers together as they walked back home.

Dongwoo's stop was before Woohyun's, so the boy walked him to his door to see him off. They lived two streets away, though, so it's not like that mattered much.

Dongwoo had copper-colored hair, but it had been so long since he had cut it that now it covered almost all his face, and Woohyun was looking forward the cut so he could see Dongwoo's eyes again. Although that haircut made him look even cuter than usual.

Woohyun raised his hand and removed a few strands of hair off Dongwoo's forehead, placing them behind his ear, and his breathe got caught when he felt Dongwoo pulling him closer, hugging him tightly.

“See you tomorrow, Woohyun-ah.” he said, grinning, which also made Woohyun smile. “I'm going to beat you once again.”