#Drabble 9 - Online Encounter

blehmeh's book of drabbles

Title: Online Encounter
Dedicated to: Melissa
Date: 160710
Pairing: Baekhyun/Chanyeol
Rating: G
Word Count: ~2.5k
Description: Baekhyun spends day in & day out tweeting Chanyeol, a rapper who's known to be a snob when it comes to his fans.He gets a dm from said man.
Warnings: ... I tried to make it look like twitter DMs I'm sorry 
Prompt: same as description
Message from Author: Thank you for donating!


Baekhyun is obsessed with rap.

Baekhyun is obsessed with rap god Park Chanyeol.

The moment he steps out of the shower, he runs to his laptop and clicks on his twitter page, like he does every single day and has done every single day since the day he realised his love for Park Chanyeol.

Hello, Chanyeol. How are you today? I’m good. Baekhyun types, and when he’s satisfied, he sends it. Then he switches tabs and watches the newest interview of Chanyeol.

“What would you like to say to your fans, Chanyeol-ssi?” Baekhyun’s breath hitches when Chanyeol turns towards the screen and smirks.

“Thank you for loving me, though it’s not hard to love me.” Baekhyun squeals internally. Park Chanyeol has always been about self-love. He pauses the interview, switches tabs to his twitter page, and sends another tweet to Chanyeol. Or in this case, another few.

Chanyeol, I saw your recent interview! You look great!

Your promotion of self-love is inspiring. Hoping to learn more from you!

When he refreshes the page, he gets a notification. Curious, he clicks on it.

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows @sootheboo
@ParkBaekhyun you’re such a delusional lil , he’ll never notice you

Baekhyun ignores it and resumes watching the interview.

When he returns to tweet to Chanyeol again, there are more notifications this time. He tweets his messages and then proceeds to check.

pew pew @sdajlwefjd
@ParkBaekhyun Park Chanyeol is the biggest snob ever, you’re better off stanning someone else

pew pew @sdajlwefjd
@Park Baekhyun He’s so full of himself

Angered, Baekhyun replies back fiercely. After huffing to calm himself down, he tweets Chanyeol again, then switches tabs to watch the MV Chanyeol released two months ago. After all, he needs to keep playing it to increase the views, and he can’t bring himself to let the MV play without him watching it.

He knows the MV so well that he plays a scene before his mind a few seconds before the scene appears. Still annoyed from before, Baekhyun switches tabs again to his twitter, but no one replies. Got no guts, huh? Baekhyun thinks to himself, huffing before he switches back to the MV. Freaking loser.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Goodnight, Chanyeol! Hope you sleep well tonight and have sweet dreams.

Baekhyun yawns as he sits up from his chair and gathers all his clothes, walking into his bathroom to shower. A towel around his neck, Baekhyun leans down to switch off his laptop, but then he sees that he has one notification on his message box.

Oh, finally replied me, have you. Baekhyun thinks with a sour face, sitting down as he wraps his towel like a scarf. Want to keep it private, why don’t you?  He rolls up the sleeves of his too-large pyjamas, tongue sticking out as he clicks on the notification and waits for it. When the page loads, Baekhyun’s mouth drops open.

Is it …

Truly …

Is he dreaming?

Baekhyun blinks, rubs his eyes, stands up and does ten star jumps, runs around his bedroom, sprints to his bathroom and watches his face with icy cold water, jogs back and stares at his screen in shock.

Rap God @RealParkChanyeol
Hi. I know you love me and all, but please stop tweeting me. It’s very annoying.

Baekhyun gapes. Immediately he takes a seat and refreshes the page.

I love Park Chanyeol @ParkBaekhyun
Omg Park Chanyeol just DM-ed me!!!!!!

When he refreshes the page, fingers shaking, Baekhyun sees another notification on the page. He gulps, slowly moving his cursor over to look at just what it is. He remembers to take a deep breath and then he sees Park Chanyeol’s message for him bolded and unread.

Rap God @RealParkChanyeol
Don’t tell ANYONE I talked to you.

Hyperventilating, Baekhyun takes a few seconds before he clicks on the message and then types a reply.

If you keep talking to me I won’t.  

What the hell was that? Baekhyun thinks to himself. You’re such an idiot. What’s he going to think of you? He refreshes the page again and again, and then finally there is a notification.

Fine.

Gasping, Baekhyun deletes his tweet and then immediately starts typing.

I’ve been the biggest fan of you for the longest time

You are just the bestest rapper in the entire world

I’ve always wanted to say the rap songs you make are amazing

And your self-love is so inspirational

And my dream was to talk to you and meet you and be friends with you!

Thanks I know that already

Really? How?

Baekhyun’s heart flutters and his face is red and he’s shaking. Park Chanyeol is actually talking to him! Is he dreaming?

You make sure to tweet all your opinions of me to me.

Anyway, don’t do that anymore.

I can do that here then!

He’s replying instantly! Baekhyun’s heart skips.

I know I’m perf and all, but I don’t need you to tell me that.

No … I have to! It’s my daily habit

Anyway, goodnight! I’m going to sleep now, hope you had a great day

And You sleep well

Heart still thumping hard, Baekhyun shuts his laptop and switches off the light, then bounds over to bed and hides under his blankets. He closes his eyes, and the room becomes still.

that.

Baekhyun sits up quickly, stands on his bed, and starts jumping on it. Then he yells and screams and sings on falsetto mode.

“SHUT UP!” His brother next door screams, but Baekhyun doesn’t care, because Park Chanyeol replied to him! Park Chanyeol noticed him!

Still in the midst of ecstasy, Baekhyun takes out his phone and falls on the bed, checking his twitter. Then he clicks on his message box.

Baekhyun takes a photo, then sends it to Chanyeol.

Goodnight!

It’s only when his photo sends does he realise what he had done.

You idiot!! He thinks to himself, groaning as he flips over and buries his face in the pillow. Now he’s going to think you’re a creepo.

He’s so embarrassed he refuses to check twitter for the rest of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stares at the photo before him.

Damn, this guy is cute.

He was thinking of ignoring this crazy fan of his that tweets him day in day out nonstop after the night ends, but after that picture, he’s not so sure anymore.

When he zooms in on the photo, he realises he’s seen this guy before …

It can’t be …

Chanyeol exits twitter and enters Instagram as fast as he can say “lightning”. Then he searches up @fearlessbyun, the account he had been stalking ever since Instagram recommended it to him.

The page loads, and Chanyeol’s eyes widen as he taps on one of the selfies that @fearlessbyun took.

fearlessbyun                      5w

fearlessbyun How is everyone today? I'm good! ^^

He blinks. He stares at the mole above @fearlessbyun’s lips. Then he goes back to twitter and stares at the selca his crazy fan took. Those lips …

It’s the same person.

What the hell?

Chanyeol gulps at how much of a snob he had been to his crazy fan slash internet crush. He always believed all his fans were inferior, and now one of his fans, and a crazy one at that, is the Instagrammer that he had been secretly keeping watch over for months.

You idiot. Chanyeol slams the palm of his hand to his forehead. Then he returns to twitter.

Goodnight!

Goodnight ^^

Chanyeol stares.

That sounds ing disgusting. Chanyeol sighs. Then he jumps onto his bed and pulls the covers over himself. In the end, he yells and kicks violently at how stupid he had been.

“SHUT UP!” His sister yells from next door, and Chanyeol does it for a few more seconds before he stops. Then he groans and flips over until his face is buried in his pillow.

He’s so embarrassed he refuses to check twitter for the rest of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun finishes school and comes home, sighing in dejection when he realises he has no time to tweet Chanyeol tonight because he’s got a performance.

When he’s done with his makeup, he drags his brother to pass him his phone.

“Hyung, take a picture of me.” He says as he sits on the chair. His brother rolls his eyes.

“I don’t know how someone lame like you can get a few thousand followers.” He sighs as he takes a few pictures. Baekhyun stands and takes the phone in his hands, looking through the photos before nodding.

“Thanks.” He says. “And I nearly have 250 thousand followers, thank you very much.” His brother scoffs and then walks away. 

"Bad picture." Baekhyun mutters and sighs, then ends up taking a few selfies himself.

Baekhyun grabs his bag after he posted, then calls for his hyung to drive him. Inside the car, he has the guts to check his twitter, and he sees a notification.

Goodnight ^^

Baekhyun holds his breath.  He lets it out, pulling his phone to his chest.

“We’re here.” His brother says, and Baekhyun quickly stuffs his phone in his pocket and grabs his bag, climbing out of the car. No time to reply his idol now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He hasn’t replied since yesterday. Chanyeol thinks to himself. What if he realised I’m a jerk?

He has been a jerk. He learns now that he should never look down on his fans because even though they might like him, they also have their lives where they have their own talents. He’s not the only one.

Then he exits twitter and enters Instagram, searching up @fearlessbyun.

fearlessbyun                   2h

fearlessbyun performance tonight @SMGstage look forward to seeing some of you!

Chanyeol’s mouth drops open. SMG stage isn’t far from where he usually works. What if @fearlessbyun doesn’t live that far away from him at all?

He needs to know this boy’s name at least.

What’s your name?

What if this guy thinks he’s a jerk and stopped talking to him? Should he apologise? But that would put his ego on the line. Still …

I’m sorry about my attitude yesterday.

Then he slaps himself. There he goes again, embarrassing himself. And the boy hasn’t even replied. He’s performing right now … Chanyeol tries to convince himself. He’ll reply once he’s done. No need to be so anxious. After all, you’re a big star! You’re a star, you shouldn’t need to worry about someone like this.

“Oi.” His manager calls. “Time for you to practise.”

He groans aloud.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back home, Baekhyun sees the message, heart leaping.

Baekhyun.

Is that too vague? He asks himself.

Byun Baekhyun.

How was your day? Hope you had a good day today.

I did, what about you?

What did you do today?

Somehow, Chanyeol’s tone is way different from how it was yesterday. Baekhyun finds he likes this Chanyeol much more.

And slowly, Baekhyun stops becoming a crazy fan towards Park Chanyeol, and instead turns into a normal friend that treats Chanyeol like anyone else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay, I’m going to sleep now.

Gnight!

 

Night.

Don’t let the bed bugs bite.

Smiling, Baekhyun pulls the covers over himself. When he closes his eyes, his heart is fluttering, and he realises that truthfully, even though he treats Chanyeol like a friend, he knows Chanyeol is anything but.

He likes Chanyeol, he has realised a long time ago. He has a crush on Chanyeol.

It became like this. Fan -> Friend -> Admirer

Sometimes he thinks Chanyeol feels the same, but he can’t say for sure. After all, they’ve never even met in person.

Don’t think about this anymore. Baekhyun sighs as he opens his Instagram and posts a picture.

fearlessbyun                  now

fearlessbyun Ready for tomorrow’s perf @SMGstage? Because I’m pumped

He takes a deep, shaky breath, then lets it out slowly, trying to think of his performance instead of Park Chanyeol, who, even after all this time, is still taking up so much space in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stares.

Okay, so this internet crush of his has suddenly turned to a normal crush on a friend. Right.

He checks his Instagram again, and like he predicted, Baekhyun had posted something up. Performance at SMG stage again? I can go. Chanyeol thinks to himself excitedly. After all, he has a day off tomorrow and so he can show up, he’s sure.

He swipes his phone and presses it to his ear.

“Hyung?” He calls his manager. “Can you book me a ticket at a show at SMG stage tomorrow? There’s only one performance? Okay good, then that one … yes, thank you.” Grinning to himself, he falls back onto his bed and rests his head on his arms, staring up at the ceiling.

Tomorrow he can finally see Baekhyun in real life.

He wonders how that’ll work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stands outside SMG stage. It’s not a big stage and Chanyeol’s sure it’s not a big performance, and he hopes that in the midst of it he can find Baekhyun personally and talk to him.

Sunglasses and a hoodie is enough to hide his face from any who might recognise him. After all, he’s not overly famous, and he understands that now, ever since he met Byun Baekhyun.

After all, only Baekhyun treats him like he’s a big star and no one else. Or he used to.

Chanyeol walks into the entrance and shows the security his ticket. The security guard lets him through and he walks right in, taking a seat towards the back. As he looks at the pamphlet given to him, he sees that Baekhyun is at one of the last performances. Sighing at how much time he’s wasting, he sits back and relaxes, waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good job today, Baekhyun!” Suzy says as she pats him on the back. Baekhyun grins.

“Good job to you too!” He says, smiling as he enters towards the back to grab his bag. Today ended really well and the adrenaline still hasn’t faded away from his veins. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Baekhyun walks around backstage to thank everyone who has helped him and gave him this opportunity. As he’s bowing to one of the cameramen, someone taps him on the shoulder.

He turns around, mind blank as he stares at the tall man before him, face covered by his hoodie.

But Baekhyun knows who it is – after all, he hasn’t watched all them videos for nothing.

Eyes widening, he puts his hand over his mouth. He watches with shock and surprise as the man before him slides off his hoodie and takes off his sunglasses.

“Hey.” Chanyeol’s voice is smoother than he had imagined it to be, and much, much more handsome.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun whispers, his heart soaring. Chanyeol stretches out his arms and Baekhyun cannot believe it. Slowly he steps towards them and lets Chanyeol embrace him.

“Wow, you look much better in real life.” Chanyeol whispers in his ear and Baekhyun shivers. He pulls away and looks up into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Says you.” Baekhyun says softly. “You look so handsome.”

Okay, so complimenting Chanyeol online is completely different from complimenting him in real life. What the heck were you doing? Baekhyun thinks to himself, but Chanyeol doesn’t react much and instead reaches down to hold his hand.

Startled, Baekhyun looks up, and then Chanyeol presses his nose to Baekhyun’s nose, then his forehead to Baekhyun's forehead.

When Chanyeol pulls away, Baekhyun’s eyes are wide with shock. Chanyeol doesn’t smile or laugh, and instead stares into his eyes.

“Fearless Byun …” Chanyeol whispers, and Baekhyun doesn’t even realise it’s his internet name because his mind is completely blank from the intimacy. “I think I’m a big fan of you. Will you sign my heart?”