#Drabble 8 - SSF

blehmeh's book of drabbles

Title: y, single and free
Dedicated to: PKH
Date: 160709
Pairing: Baekhyun/Chanyeol
Rating: M
Word Count: ~2.5k
Description: 
Chanyeol never wanted to agree to the arranged marriage. But when he sighted his husband to be, damn did he arrange the ceremony himself.
Warnings: none ... 
Prompt: same as description
Message from Author: Thank you for donating~

 


Chanyeol has always loved the single, y, and free life, where he can spend his days doing whatever he wants, with no one to restrain him and no one to drag him down.

But when his mother arranges him to marry a man he’s never seen before, his first reaction was to threaten to run away.

This is his second reaction.

“Come on, son.” His mother coos. “I know you’ll love him! Just have this one dinner with him, at least.”

“All right.” Chanyeol grumbles as his mother’s servants scramble to fix his attire and hair. “I’m already going, can you stop assuming I’ll like him now?”

“But dear, he’s totally your type!” His mother continues. “You’ll fall in love at first sight!”

“Mum, I’m past that stage.” Chanyeol sighs. “I just want to live my life. Freely. Without someone to always nag at me to come home.” As if you don’t do that already. Chanyeol thinks with mild amusement.

“You’ll see.” She says as she tells the servants to finish their touch-up on her son.

“Just this one dinner. You promised, right?” Chanyeol asks a little nervously.

“Of course.” His mother replies sweetly. “Once you see him, you’ll be thanking me for catching you from attempting to run away from home.” She sends him a pointed look.

“I was gonna do that sooner or later anyway. Running away from home, I mean.” Chanyeol grumbles to himself, then straightens his back as he lets his mother drag him towards the car that will drive them to the place where his husband-to-be will be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh geez, we’re late!” His mother huffs as she hurries forward. “Come on, Chanyeol!”

“Mother, we’re 10 minutes early.” Chanyeol sighs as he walks his own pace, but still manages to catch up to his mother.

“Oh, Chanyeol, take off those sunglasses, why don’t you?” She fixes her hair as she continues hurrying, and Chanyeol watches in amusement as one of her men rush forward, probably to tell the other family that they’ll be there soon.

“You sure are bossy, aren’t you, mum?” He looks around at the servants who are also trying to catch up. “They’re wearing heels and you’re forcing them to run with us?”

“Stop with that nonsense.” His mother huffs. “I always need an extra hand. Now will you hurry up?” His mother quickens her pace and he sighs, closing his eyes beneath his glasses as he tries to remind himself that this is only a one time thing. Then his mother will let him off and he’ll be y single and free again.

They approach the door to one of the rooms in the restaurant. Chanyeol watches as his mother pats her clothes and fixes her hair, then she turns to Chanyeol, smiling.

“Are you ready?”

“You promise me my freedom and I’ll behave.”

“Don’t speak too fast, dearie.” His mother says, fingers hovering over the doorknob. Then, without another warning, she opens it and Chanyeol hears her high-pitched “Good afternoon! Sorry we’re late…”

Chanyeol sighs, shoving his hands in his pockets as he follows suit. Realising he might not seem polite by looking down, Chanyeol tips his head upwards.

And then he sees it.

Or rather, him.

Without even thinking, Chanyeol’s right hand leaves his pocket, lifting up as his index finger and thumb brush across the temples of his sunglasses to pull off those sunglasses that are suddenly hindering him from looking clearly at things that should be looked at.

And there, right before him, is the most beautiful person Chanyeol has ever seen.

The boy is sitting there obediently next to his parents, dark, shiny hair slicked to the side and lips thin but a soft reddish-pink. When he looks up, those eyes are light brown and soft, almost as if they’re smiling even though those lips are a straight line.

Simple, yet beautiful.

Perfect.

He wouldn’t mind having a piece of that.

“Chanyeol!” His mother calls him. “Greet uncle and auntie.” Chanyeol blinks, snapping out of his thoughts as he turns towards the two beside him and give a small nod, then a grin.

“Uncle, auntie.” He greets politely, then turns to the boy, whose eyes are still watching him almost intently. Chanyeol bends down, stretching out his hand to the boy. “Hello, I’m Chanyeol.” The boy continues watching him, then looks down at his hand, looks up at him again, then looks him up and down. In the end, he lets out a small smile.

“Baekhyun.” He says softly, moving out of his seat slightly to accept Chanyeol’s hand. Damn his fingers. Chanyeol thinks as he stares down at them, noticing a mole on his thumb. , that’s hot.

Chanyeol grins and takes a seat next to his mother, watching Baekhyun intently. Throughout the whole dinner conversation, he’s absolutely engaged, trying to find out more about Baekhyun’s family and at the same time trying to impress the smaller. Baekhyun is quiet, eyes patiently watching with a small, polite smile on his lips.

At the end of it, Chanyeol shakes the hands of Baekhyun’s parents and Baekhyun himself, making sure his hand lingers a little longer at Baekhyun’s, letting him know that damn, he’s a fine piece of .

“So? What do you think?” His mother asks when they’re out the door, and Chanyeol unfolds his sunglasses and places them over his nose.

“Mum, I think I should arrange the marriage myself.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol arranges the next few meetings in hopes of trying to get Baekhyun alone, but Baekhyun’s parents are more interested in him so every time, it’s him against them. He doesn’t mind it because more meetings mean more Baekhyun screentime, but still.

“Sorry, I need to go to the bathroom.” Baekhyun says quietly, ever so polite as he stands and leaves. Immediately Chanyeol stands too.

“M-Me too.” He bows at them and then rushes after the smaller. This is my chance. He thinks to himself as he hastily follows the smaller. When Baekhyun disappears into the bathroom, Chanyeol stops, taking a deep breath and letting it out before he follows.

Baekhyun is washing his hands, head tilted downwards and dark hair falling over his eyes. Chanyeol clears his throat silently and then takes a few slow steps forward.

“Everything okay?” He asks. Baekhyun doesn’t reply at first as he twists the tap closed and then flicks the water from his hands. Then he flips his head up towards Chanyeol.

“Fine.” He replies, straightening his back and turning around to dry his hands. “Why are you here?” Then he pulls his hands away and turns back around.

“To make sure my husband-to-be is all right.” Chaneyol replies softly as Baekhyun walks towards him, his gaze intense and sending shivers down Chanyeol’s spine. Baekhyun scoffs, rolling his eyes before he walks past Chanyeol. Chanyeol grabs his arm.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Chanyeol asks again, but his lips are pulled into a wide smirk. Baekhyun glares at him, shakes off his arm and walks off. Chanyeol leans against the door as he watches the smaller walk back to their room, amused.

He’s a feisty one.

I like it.

Just as Chanyeol is about to follow his husband-to-be, he spots something on the floor. Curious, he bends down and picks it up. It’s a pamphlet for a club with a specific band playing on Saturday night, which is a few days away. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, eyes skimming down to the bottom over at the numbers “7:30pm”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, I want an outdoor wedding. Make sure it’s a cloudy day on that day, I like cloudy days …” Chanyeol rants into the phone as he walks around the room. His mother smiles as she flips the newspaper. She knew Chanyeol would like that boy.

“No, no balloons. Baekhyun hates balloons …” After an hour an half, Chanyeol puts down the phone and sighs.

“Mother, where do you think we should go for our honeymoon?” He asks. “Jeju island? Australia?”

“Go both.” His mother replies. “Take him to see the world.”

“Good idea.” Chanyeol grins, and then he types a few numbers on the phone before he presses it to his ear again. There he goes. His mother sighs as she flips the page again when she hears her son begin to speak in his businesslike tone once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looks around, feeling the music thumping in his ears. Everyone is either dancing or half drunk or both, and he knows there are just too many people in the crowd to pick out that one person that he’s looking for.

Giving up, Chanyeol takes a seat at the bar, ordering a glass of vodka as he looks around, then focuses his eyes on the dance floor. There are people on the dance floor kissing each other, others grinding on each other. Chanyeol’s eyes narrow as they focus on a particular slim but familiar body pressed up against a few other people. Baekhyun’s arms are in the air, one hand holding a can of beer as he dances. And damn, do those hips move. The men grab him, wanting to dance with him, and Chanyeol watches with amusement as Baekhyun pushes his body into theirs, immersing himself in the music and the wave of bodies.

Definitely a feisty one. Chanyeol thinks to himself, grinning madly as he takes another sip of vodka. It makes Baekhyun seem so much more attractive, this feisty side of Baekhyun.

Eventually, Baekhyun pushes amongst the crowd towards the bar, stumbling towards the stool and almost falling on top of it. Chanyeol chuckles, watches as the man sits himself up properly and orders another drink.

“Hey, fiancé.” He greets when he walks over and takes the seat next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun grunts, turns over, sees him, then turns back, closing his eyes as he leans on the table.

“Cheating on me now, are you?” He teases. Baekhyun groans.

“Oh, just let me have my last days of freedom peacefully, why don’t you?” He says, lifting his face off the table to take a drink. “Let me a guy or two.”

“I’m not the boss of you.” Chanyeol shrugs. “Do whatever you want.” At that, Baekhyun completely straightens his back, staring at him in shock.

“Aren’t you here to stop me?” He asks almost dumbly, those eyes blinking. It’s cute. Chanyeol laughs.

“No way.” Chanyeol snatches Baekhyun’s beer and then takes a sip from it. Baekhyun glares at him. “I don’t think I have a right to boss you around, whether I’m your fiancé or your husband or your dad or your boss … Okay, cut boss out of the list.”  The glare that could melt steel softens until Baekhyun is staring at him in shock.

“That sounds dodgy as –”

“On one catch.” Chanyeol says, leaning in. Baekhyun blinks again.

“You let me arrange the wedding. I give you your freedom during that time. I won’t tell anyone of what you’re doing either.” Chanyeol says slowly, hoping Baekhyun understands. “Then when we’ve done what we’ve wanted, we’ll go back to each other, committed like a normal marriage. Deal?”

“…” Baekhyun blinks, and then his arm springs out and he pushes Chanyeol. Surprised, Chanyeol nearly falls out of his chair, but Baekhyun’s laughing loudly and then he’s patting Chanyeol on the shoulder.

“You think I’m stupid?” Baekhyun shouts. “It’s a done deal!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the next three months, Baekhyun and Chanyeol keep their promises to each other. Baekhyun does everything he believes that he will never be able to do as a married man. He drinks and parties and flirts with pretty women and handsome men on the streets, and sometimes he would find one night stands, to feel how it feels to have different bodies on top or below him, because that’s what youth is about to him – it’s about doing stupid things without caring about what anyone else thinks. It’s about being free, free of responsibilities.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, diligently works to make his wedding the best wedding there is. Every time he’s unsure of something, he would call Baekhyun, wherever he is, whatever he’s doing, and Baekhyun would answer, regardless of where he is and what he’s doing.

“What kind of flowers would you like as a decoration on your wedding day?” His wedding planner asks.

“Oh yeah I haven’t thought of that.” Chanyeol muses. “Let me ask my fiancé.” He hangs up and then calls Baekhyun. Baekhyun answers after five rings.

“Hello?” Baekhyun’s voice is breathless.

“Hey, fiancé.” Chanyeol greets. “What kind of flowers would you like on our wedding?” There are moans at the back and Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun panting.

“Uh … …” Baekhyun groans. “Um … daisies, I don’t know …” Chanyeol chuckles.

“Is that a ?” He asks. Baekhyun swears, then moans. “Never mind. Go and enjoy your youth, fiancé. Mwah.”

And that’s how their relationship progresses – the bond between them grows to be more intense and intimate than friendship, yet too platonic to be romantic. Chanyeol knows with this kind of progression, once he has time to get to know his fiancé, he’ll love the other in no time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wedding bells chime and soft piano music sounds in the air, starting off the wedding music. Baekhyun walks up the isle in his suit that Chanyeol picked up for him, holding a bunch of daises in his hands. Chanyeol stands next to the priest and smirks, watching his flawless husband-to-be’s flushed cheeks at the amount of attention on him, and he can almost imagine the other scolding him mentally for putting him under the spotlight.

Baekhyun arrives in front of the priest and Chanyeol steps to join him. The priest recites the vows and then when he’s finished, he asks Chanyeol to recite it.

“Hey, Byun Baekhyun, my husband-to-be,” Chanyeol says instead as he turns to Baekhyun, hand reaching down to hold Baekhyun’s in his own, watching those pretty eyes gleam. Out of the corners of his eyes, he can see the priest’s surprise and also the confused faces of the audience. “Will you finally let yourself belong wholly to me, where both your heart and your body become mine and no one else’s?”

“I do.” Baekhyun replies, grinning. “And do you, Park Chanyeol, my fiancé, promise to treat me like there is no one else in the world but the two of us?”

“Yeah man.” Chanyeol replies, trying not to laugh. Baekhyun is restraining himself too.

“Pinky promise?” Baekhyun asks, holding out his pretty hands. Chanyeol grabs it with his pinky, pressing his thumb against Baekhyun’s.

“Pinky promise.” Chanyeol replies, and they both pull out the rings that Chanyeol chose and slip it onto each other’s fingers.

Then they seal it with a kiss. Baekhyun grabs his tie and pulls him in, smashing his lips against Chanyeol’s, for the first time kissing the other. Chanyeol kisses back immediately, feeling the thrill at the success of his marriage and also from the cheers from the audience. They turn around and face the audience together, hands linked together tightly. Baekhyun grins. Feeling Chanyeol right next to him doesn’t feel like a burden at all. In fact, it feels like a blessing.

Baekhyun’s young.

Baekhyun’s y.

Baekhyun’s taken.

But Baekhyun’s still free, and maybe that’s how a successful marriage should feel like.