Six

My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter VI

 

Kyungsoo smoothes a hand over his flat belly, a flutter of nervousness welling up inside of him, as he stares lovingly at his sleeping child. Excitement overwhelms him as he thinks about the possibilities of the future that could now be realized. 

 

He and Chanyeol – after a long and careful deliberation – had decided to actively try for another pregnancy. Kyungsoo had been pregnant several times before, both before and after Jongin was born, but had always miscarried. Jongin was like their gift from the Heavens, and they adored him with every ounce of love they had. He knew there was no guarantee, and if they did manage to conceive again, there was always the possibility that he would miscarry again. But the small thread of hope was still there, alive and burning inside him. After observing Jongin play with all of his stuffed “younger siblings,” Kyungsoo was filled with a fierce yearning to give his baby a real younger sibling to coddle and love. 

 

He takes one last glance at Jongin, cuddled in bed with his stuffed rabbit - Mr. Snuggles - in his arms, before closing the door gently and heading into the living room. He paces around the confines of the room, anxiously waiting for Key to return. Chanyeol was not supposed to be home for a while, but the last thing he wants is to build his husband’s hopes up only for it to be a false alarm. 

 

His pulse jumps when he hears the sound of the door opening, and sags in relief when Key walks in with a plastic bag in his hand. “I bought three,” the blonde man says as he begins pulling one of the boxes out of the bag. “I figured it would be better to take the test ore than once…just to be sure.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and smiles as he hugs his friend tightly. “Thank you. I appreciate it.”

 

Key carefully pulls away, his eyes full of concern. “Is this a good this, Soo?”

 

“A very, very good thing.”

 

“Then I’ll cross my fingers and toes and hope all three tests are positive,” Key smiles. “Go on, I’ll guard the door,” the blonde says as he ushers Kyungsoo towards the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo’s hands shake as he hastily tears into the first box. After reading the instructions, he makes sure to do everything accordingly as he forces himself to calm down and focus on the task at hand. He washes his hands, straightens out his clothing, and then checks his watch; all while avoiding the little indicator windows on the sticks placed across the bathroom counter.

 

Then he looks. 

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

At first, he doesn’t respond.

 

“Kyungsoo, is everything alright in there?” The door opens, and Key sticks his head in to look at his friend, who stands staring at the counter before him.

 

“They’re all positive…” Kyungsoo mutters. He looks up at Key with a rush of excitement, and fear. Tears fill both men’s eyes as they stand in the bathroom. Key holds Kyungsoo tightly as the latter fights the wave of emotion engulfing him.

 

“Congratulations, Soo! I’m so happy for you.”

 

“Thank you, Kibum,” Kyungsoo replies, giving the blonde a watery smile as he pulls away. 

 

“When are you going to tell Chanyeol?”

 

“I want to wait a little while longer… Until I’m a little further along,” Kyungsoo says. “Oh my God! I’m pregnant!” Kyungsoo exclaims, suppressing the urge to squeal and twirl around in circles. Key grabs Kyungsoo’s hands, pulling him into a hug as Kyungsoo breaks down in happiness. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was typical for Kyungsoo to rise earlier than Chanyeol. While Chanyeol would go out on his morning run, Kyungsoo would make breakfast and brew a pot of coffee for Chanyeol, who liked to sip of the brew after downing a bottle of water after his workout. This morning, however, the smell of the coffee nearly did him in. Sweat beaded on his forehead as he grabs onto the counter, swallowing gulps of air to try and steady his rebelling stomach. Unfortunately, the usual fare he whipped up for breakfast wasn’t agree at all with his stomach today. The bacon made him want to hurl, the eggs nauseated him, and the cinnamon rolls were making him clench his teeth and breath through his nose. The only safe bet seemed to be the cheese bread that both Chanyeol and Jongin loved so much. 

 

Chanyeol returns home from his run to find Kyungsoo leaning against the counter, inhaling deeply. “Soo?” the tall man says sharply when he catches sight on his husband. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine,” Kyungsoo replies, not wanting to worry his husband. “Certain foods just seem to set me off now. Especially breakfast foods… I’m rather queasy in the mornings. Bacon and eggs seem to trigger my symptoms in particular.”

 

Chanyeol frowns as he gently moves the smaller male away from the sizzling bacon on the stove. “What can you eat?”

 

“There’s some cheese bread in the oven.”

 

“What can you drink?”

 

“Mainly chocolate milk…but we don’t have anymore.”

 

Chanyeol’s frown deepens as he places two pieces of cheese bread onto a plate. “Are you sure you’re okay? This is worst than when you were pregnant with Jongin…”

 

“Speaking of that…” Kyungsoo smiles, “we did it, Yeol. We made another baby!”

 

Chanyeol’s brows go up as his mouth drops open. He studies Kyungsoo intently, in complete bewilderment, as he tries to collect his scattered wits. “We did what?” Kyungsoo’s smile grows even wider as tears shine in his eyes. Chanyeol walks over and raises his trembling hands to frame Kyungsoo’s face, and thumbs away the tears that are b. “We’re having another baby?”

 

Kyungsoo looks up and him and nods with his eyes shining like stars.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Papa, si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter