Fifteen

My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter XV

 

Baekhyun had gotten so accustomed to spending time with Chanyeol and his boys that it was like second nature for him to head to Chanyeol’s house instead of his own at the end of the work day. He had his clothes in Chanyeol’s closet, his own toothbrush – a yellow, duck-shaped one, chosen by Jongin and Sehun – in Chanyeol’s bathroom, and traces of himself and his belongings throughout the Park residence. His bakeware had found their way into Chanyeol’s kitchen, where he would whip up toothsome delights, which mouthwatering aroma would drift throughout the house and welcome Chanyeol every time he came home late from work. Jongin’s teacher and Sehun’s babysitter even knew Baekhyun, and welcomed him like he was the children’s second father every time he came to pick the boys up in place of Chanyeol. He had fused his way into their hearts and their family; and they into his. Baekhyun didn’t know when he’d start depending on the family of three, or when he’d started having such strong emotional connections towards them. What he did know, though, was that Chanyeol, Jongin, and Sehun had happily taken over 

 

He peeks his head around the kitchen corner when he hears Sehun’s wailing from his room. “Chanyeol?” he calls, still stirring with the spatula in his hand, “do you need help?” 

 

“Uncle Bacon!” Jongin runs from the children’s shared bedroom not a moment later, heading straight into the kitchen where he knew Baekhyun would be. “Come quick!” 

 

Baekhyun puts the mixing bowl down onto the counter, washes his hands quickly, and then follows Jongin back into the room. He leans against the doorway as he watches Chanyeol trying to quiet the crying toddler; and Sehun using all of his might to make the job as hard as possible for his father, throwing punches and kicks blindly as he cries for his papa. One glance down at the seven-year-old beside him tells Baekhyun that this was a normal occurrence; and Baekhyun’s heart clenches when he sees Jongin’s trembling lips and the way the boy tries so hard to hold back his own tears. He finally pushes himself away from the door when Sehun gives a particularly strong kick, landing in Chanyeol’s gut, causing his father to groan in pain before pulling the covers over his head. 

 

“Let me try,” Baekhyun whispers to Chanyeol, who moves away and gives the brunet room. Baekhyun sits on the edge of the bed and carefully reaches over to place his hand of Sehun’s shoulder. “Hey, Sehunnie… it’s me,” he whispers, slowly edging closer to the boy, “do you mind if I lie down with you?” 

 

The boy carefully lifts the covers down just enough to be able to peek over them, and nods slightly before pulling them over his head again. Baekhyun sighs in relief as he positions himself sideways on the bed, propping his head on one hand as he uses his other to reach over and gently rubs circles onto the boy’s back. He notices Chanyeol back away quietly, grabbing Jongin’s hand at the door before both father and son leave the room, giving Baekhyun and Sehun their privacy. Baekhyun remains quiet as he continues to rub Sehun’s back, allowing the boy time to calm down on his own terms. After a few minutes, Sehun carefully pulls the covers down so that his eyes were showing, as if to make sure it were really Baekhyun who was lying with him, and then scoots his body over to cuddle against the adult. “Uncle Bacon…” the boy mutters against Baekhyun’s chest.

 

“I’m here, Sehunnie,” Baekhyun says softly, hugging the boy closer to him. The boy sniffles and releases his arms from the blanket’s hold to wrap around Baekhyun; and Baekhyun reaches over to continue rubbing calming circle on his back. “It’s okay, I’m here.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ten minutes later, Baekhyun comes out of the room with Sehun in his arms, clinging onto him like a koala. He sends a reassuring smile towards Chanyeol, who looks up from the dining table in worry, and helps Sehun into his seat. Chanyeol mouths a silent “thank you” as Baekhyun heads into the kitchen, and watches as Jongin hops off of his seat to stand by Sehun’s. 

 

“Are you okie now Sehunnie?” the older boy asks, petting his brother’s head affectionately. Sehun nods and sticks his thumb into his mouth, accepting the hug from his older brother. Once reassured that his baby brother was well, Jongin returns back to his seat and digs into his cereal, making vrooming noises as he makes his marshmallow chase the cereal in the milk. Baekhyun comes back a few minutes later with two plates; one which he places in the middle of the table which were filled with pancakes, and one which he places in front of Sehun. Sehun’s pancake is decorated with banana slice eyes and a smile made from M&M’s, and even has whipped cream hair with chocolate drizzle. The boy’s eyes lighten up at his sugary breakfast; and his frown is replaced instantly with a smile as he waits anxiously for Baekhyun to cut his pancake for him. 

 

“Nini hyung, look!” Sehun giggles, clapping his hands together when Baekhyun hands him his plastic, Rilakkuma fork. “Hunnie has special breakfast!” 

 

Jongin flashes a thumbs up and urges Sehun to try his meal, pretending to lean over to steal the bite on Sehun’s fork, making the boy’s giggles intensify. 

 

“You’re a miracle worker,” Chanyeol whispers when Baekhyun takes his seat next to him, holding a cup of hot tea in his hands. “Thank you, babe.”

 

“It was nothing,” Baekhyun smiles back, taking a pancake onto his plate and drenching it generously with maple syrup. He cuts a piece and brings it to Chanyeol’s mouth, humming in satisfaction when the taller male takes the morsel, before cutting himself a piece as well. The rest of the breakfast goes off without a hitch. 

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the ground helping Sehun into his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter