One

My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter I

 

He loved him like he was the last man on earth. He gave him everything he had. But everything wasn’t enough. It couldn’t stop the calling hands of death from taking his beloved away from him. It couldn’t hold back the tears that streamed down his face as he held onto his sons. It couldn’t fill the hole left in his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol places the bouquet of flowers down in front of the grave as he wipes the tear creeping down his cheek. Three years. He couldn’t believe three years had already gone by. The hurt had eventually faded. He had learned to move on; learned to continue living for the sake of his two sons – the two remaining pieces of their love.

 

He’s brought back to reality when a small hand tugs on his jacket. “Daddy, I’m hungry!”

 

Chanyeol smiles down at his youngest son. “Okay, Sehun. Say goodbye to Papa, and then we’ll go get some food, okay?”

 

“Bye Papa!” the four-year-old boy says, waving at the smiling picture on the headstone.

 

“That’s a good boy. Now, where did your brother go?” Chanyeol asks, looking around for his oldest son. “Park Jongin!”

 

“Daddy!” Chanyeol turns towards the boy running towards him with a bundle of flowers in his hands. “Daddy! I picked these for Papa. Do you think he’ll like them?” The boy shoves the bundle of wild flowers into Chanyeol’s face with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

“I think Papa will love them, Jongin. Why don’t you give them to him?”

 

Jongin nods as he walks over to the grave, gingerly placing the flowers next to the bouquet his father had placed there earlier. “Here, Papa. I picked these for you. I hope you like them.” The young boy bites his lip and looks over his shoulder at Chanyeol and Sehun before leaning in closer to the grave. “Don’t worry about us,” Jongin whispers to the photo of his Papa, “because I’ll take care of Daddy and make sure he’s happy too, okay? I miss you…”

 

Chanyeol blinks away his tears as he listens to the words his seven-year-old son whispers to his deceased husband. “Alright, boys. Let’s go.” He picks Sehun up and grabs onto Jongin’s hand. As they walk away, Chanyeol turns towards the grave and one last time. ‘Goodbye, Kyungsoo. I miss you. I love you.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Daddy! I want cake!” Jongin whines from the back seat of the car.

 

Chanyeol glances at the young boy through the rearview mirror. Jongin is straining against his seatbelt, staring out the window with his finger pointed towards the small bakery they had just passed. ‘Weird, I’ve never noticed that there before….’ Chanyeol thinks as he stops at the red traffic light. ‘It must’ve just opened.’

 

“Okay, we’ll try out that bakery today,” Chanyeol replies as he turns the car around and drives towards the bakery. “Are you okay with that, Sehunnie?”

 

“Yeppers!” the toddler replies, giggling.

 

As soon as the car was parked, Jongin bolts out towards the bakery’s entrance. “Jongin, wait!” Chanyeol yells as he hurriedly grabs Sehun out of the back seat. The seven-year-old lets out a heavy sigh as he stops himself in front of the bakery’s door, waiting for his dad and brother to catch up. As soon as they’re close enough, Jongin pushes the door open with his entire body and enters the bakery, staring around in awe. His eyes reach the size of saucers as soon as he sees the cakes and various other pastries at the counter.

 

“Hello!” a cheerful voice greets them as soon as Chanyeol enters seconds later with Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter