Chapter 44

After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Rim’s POV

Their wedding had come at last!

He had to prepare for this.

Both he and So Eun were good at preparing but he knew his wife was always a little bit lazier than him.

But that didn’t matter to him.

She was hard working when she needed to be and he was happy to pamper her by doing some of the other things.

Things were changing for them ever since she admitted that she cared for him and that she might, even if it was an ‘if’, see something between them.

That bashful confession, like a school girl confessing a high school crush, was enough to keep him going.

Because when she was shyest or when she was her most angry, that was when he knew she was telling him something about the real So Eun.

So he didn’t mind going to the flower market early to get flowers.

Actually, that was a little lie.

He wanted to make flower decorations for their wedding.

She’d mentioned she was quite happy not to do anything except turn up to get married.

But what would be memorable about that?

 

When she warned him to be careful heading into the door and got angry at him for saying that things were ‘just business’ between them he was secretly thrilled.

Yes she was angry at him and that wasn’t good but did that mean she was angry that he may be insincere?

Did she want him to be sincere?

And when she called him nampyeon…his heart sang.

She said it so softly and without much confidence, like she was scared.

But he loved to hear her call him nampyeon.

So Eun was becoming more affectionate with him.

She no longer pushed him away when he said cheesy things.

She started coming up with things of her own.

Her efforts hadn’t gone unnoticed.

When the thorn of the rose pricked him and she gently held his hand to check if he was bleeding he felt her care.

It seems he really did have to get hurt to get the So Eun treatment.

The more she talked about his show the more he realized she must have followed him.

Watching his shows made him both embarrassed and happy that his wife would take the effort to keep up to date with his shows.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter