WHAT IF...

WHAT IF...

"Hyung, we must hurry up, there's someone waiting for you now." said the younger.
"Who's that?" asked the older, he was putting on his jacket.
"How would I know? The noona who came with the message just said that, nothing more." Jeongmin laughed. 
"Well, ok, I'm going." Answered Hyunseong smiling to the younger. 
"Should I wait until you come or should I go first?" asked the younger looking at his phone.
"You should go first, I'll be taking food with me, so wait for me in the house." he smiled again.
"You say? Ok, then I'm leaving. See you later hyung." the younger said and left the studio.
Hyunseong kept watching his friend's back, «what if... what if...» Hyunseong shook his head and thought: «he would never... »

Hyunseong met the person who was waiting for him, a girl..., she confessed to Hyunseong but he just smiled at her and said: "I'm sorry, but I'm already in love with someone else, you'll find the right one, but that's not me." Hyunseong was talking serious, yeah, he's in love. But he just doesn't have the courage to confess. He's afraid of the answer, so he just tries to avoid his own feelings.
"are you lying to me? It's because I'm not beautiful enough?"The girl asked.
"I would never lie about my feelings." He smiled "and... I think I'm the one who's not enough for you."
She looked at him."what's her name?"
Hyunseong opened his eyes in shock. What to do? "It's a one side love, so I don't want to annoy her with rumors, you know."

The conversation ended in there, at that point manager Lee was angry so he decided to take Hyunseong out of the studio.

(...)

Hyunseong arrived his house, it wasn't only his house, he lives with his best friends. He opened the door while his best friend was sadly looking to the sky, it seemed like his dongsaeng had a really troublesome problem to solve, so he decided not to make noise, just entered into the kitchen and started to prepare food. When Jeongmin finally entered in the kitchen, Hyunseong noticed that he was pale.
"are you alright?" asked Hyunseong looking at his best friend.
Jeongmin smiled at his hyung and nodded."sure, I'm fine." he touched his eyebrow, so Hyunseong noticed he was lying. When Jeongmin lies he always touch his eyebrow.
Hyunseong stared at Jeongmin for almost 3 minutes, trying to solve the puzzle in Jeongmin's face. "well... If you say so." finally said, Hyunseong was looking for chopsticks to Jeongmin, meanwhile Jeongmin's mind was already in god-knows-where.
"here." Hyunseong gave the chopsticks to Jeongmin and leave the kitchen without say a word. He started to think, «what if I decide to confess? What if it's not meant to be? What if I end losing everything I have now? This , I'm so insecure, but I can't hold it anymore, my feelings are killing me...» his thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise, it was from Donghyun who was making a mess in the kitchen."hyung, what are you doing? Where are the twins? And Minwoo?"
Donghyun put the noodles in the microwave and looked me."they are fighting to each other in the studio, how you doing?"
"I'm fine hyung, and you?" he lied trying his best.
"You're lying, don't lie to me Hyunseong, I know you better than your own mother." Donghyun said while he was looking at him. 
Hyunseong smiled to Donghyun."I know, right? But it's nothing hyung, really!"

Donghyun took a sit next to Hyunseong in the kitchen's table."you're still lying, so what is bothering you?"
Hyunseong didn't know he was holding his breath until now."hyung it feels like I've been living in hell since that day."
"that day?" asked Donghyun tilting his head.
"I have a concern."Hyunseong was holding tears.
"I know, it's written in your entire face."
"but I think, this is the worst thing in the world, I can't hold it anymore hyung." Hyunseong said avoiding Donghyun's gaze.
"what happened Hyunseong?" Donghyun now was really worried for his friend, he never talked in this way before.
"I'm falling for someone..." it was a lie, he's already in love.
"Is not that bad, I mean, you're handsome, talented, you take care about everyone, I guess every girl would like to stay with you." Donghyun smiled.
"Hyung... You don't understand" it's not even a girl..., Hyunseong said to himself.
"of course I do, you're so shy and that makes you think that you're not enough for nobody, but trust me, she will love you back if you confess." Donghyun smiled.
Hyunseong faked a smile.
"who's confessing?" asked Jeongmin making his way to the kitchen.
Hyunseong's eyes were in panic, -Donghyun can't say anything- he though, Donghyun noticed it and lied to the younger.
"me."said Donghyun to Jeongmin.
"daebak!! hyung is so brave." said Jeongmin sitting next to Hyunseong."isn't he?"
"sure, sorry but I'm going to the studio, see ya later." Hyunseong left the house while Jeongmin was looking meticulously at him, they were in the studio just a few hours ago.
when Donghyun finished his noodles, immediately started to talk with Jeongmin."how are you?"
"great, hyung." Jeongmin touched his eyebrow.
"are you lying too? Why everybody lies to me?"Donghyun was mad.
"Is not like that hyung, don't misunderstand. and who lied to you?" it was Hyunseong-hyung? Jeongmin thought to himself.
"So, what is happening?"asked once again Donghyun.
"Nothing at all..." Jeongmin again touched his eyebrow, it was something that he didn't noticed about himself, but he does it unconsciously.
Donghyun stared at Jeongmin for a while, but Jeongmin kept avoiding his gaze. "I'm not that easy Jeongmin, you know I have a lot of patience."
"Hyung, I... I think I'm going crazy." Jeongmin eyes were red, he was about to cry.
"Jeongmin, you're scaring me, take a breath."
"Hyung, would you judge me?" asked Jeongmin, his voice was trembling.
"I would never, what is happening?"
"Hyung I think I chose to love someone who would never ... Hyung... Ah... I..." Jeongmin looked at Donghyun."Hyung how do you know if you're in love?" Donghyun smiled at his dongsaeng. He was about to answer Jeongmin's question, but Kwangmin entered in the room screaming.

"WE ARE ON THE NEWS, DONGHYUN-HYUNG, JEONGMIN-HYUNG WE ARE ON THE NEWS."
"in the news? Why?" asked Donghyun, Kwangmin just hold his hyungs hands and showed them the TV.
The reporter was talking about BOYFRIEND's new comeback and his tour, then, the topic changed, it wasn't about all BOYFRIEND members, but Hyunseong... She started to explain the notice, it was about Hyunseong and his feelings, they even had and audio of Hyunseong saying that he's already in love. Jeongmin was looking at the TV, but was holding tears too, he knewhe knew that it would happen, but he's not ready for that, no yet.
Donghyun looked at Jeongmin, something was obviously wrong, it wasn't just the thing he was saying to him a few minutes ago, it was something about the news of Hyunseong.
Donghyun didn't want to make conclusions, but it was how it looked like.
Jeongmin left the room silently and go to his bedroom. That day he slept a lot.

Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo and Kwangmin were talking about the new song, Donghyun was practicing the choreography, but Jeongmin wasn't there.
Hyunseong noticed it.
"Hyung, where's Jeongmin?" asked Hyunseong.
"He's sick, so he can't practice or sing right now. Didn't you know?"
"no, he was sleeping when I arrived the house."
"Oh, about that, where were you yesterday? Manager hyung said that nobody entered in here after Minwoo and the twins left."
"ah, about that..." Hyunseong spent the day on his mother's house, she knows about Hyunseong's feelings towards Jeongmin.
"are you dating somebody?"
"n-no, why?"
"because yesterday in the news, they said you were dating someone and played an audio... It was your voice Hyunseong."
Hyunseong shocked, "WHAT?!?! Jeongmin watched that?"
"of course he did"

(...)

"hell, not right now." Hyunseong was cursing while he was running, the house wasn't so far away from the studio, but to be honest, Hyunseong didn't care if it was 3 or 300 kms, he need to explain everything to Jeongmin.
When he entered he heard someone sobbing, he decided to go inside Jeongmin's room.
In the moment he entered, he saw Jeongmin crying on the floor, Jeongmin was cursing and hitting with his hands the floor.
Jeongmin didn't notice Hyunseong was there. "I'm such an idiot, it can't be, so why am I like thisThis , hell, anyways what the  was I expecting?" Jeongmin was trembling."I deserve this."
"What are you saying Jeongmin?" Said Hyunseong holding tears, why Jeongmin was so hurt?
"H-hyung, what are you doing here?" Jeongmin covered his face with his hands.
"I'm here because I need to talk with you, Jeongmin, why are you like this? What's wrong?" Hyunseong removed Jeongmin's hands away from his face.
"Sorry hyung, I can't say it to you." Jeongmin was hidding his face.
"W-what? Why? look at me Jeongmin" Hyunseong was about to cry.
"Sometimes when you ignore some things, you live better." said Jeongmin faking a smile.
"I can't ignore things that are hurting you like this."
"Hyung, stop. It's nothing." he touched his eyebrown.
"Jeongmin you're crying and cursing. You're saying that you deserve this. I don't think so, you're a beautiful person, you... you don't deserve it."
"Of course I do. You don't even understand."
"So explain me."
"Hyung you're doing it harder." the younger exclaimed.
"Why? Jeongmin I'm trying to help you, I can't leave you like this."
"Hyung, this could be the end of BOYFRIEND, I don't want to ruin my bestfriends' dreams."
"I promise that I will listen to you, and I will not judge you."
"Hyung is not that easy."
"I understand, but I have secrets too and you know all of them. Except for one, and I swear I'll tell you that one too. Please..." Hyunseong was talking serious.
"Hyung... I... Hyung..." Jeongmin started to tremble again, the tears were falling again.
Hyunseong took Jeongmin's face in his hands and throw away the tears. "Jeongmin... Calm down, please."
Jeongmin started to bit his lip frenetically."Hyung, who's her?"
Hyunseong opened his eyes in shock."W-what are you talking about?"
"Whatever, so why did you come into my room?" Asked Jeongmin, he was trying his best to be strong.
"Ah, about that..." Hyunseong didn't know what to say.
"Hyunseong, if you have nothing to say, just leave me alone." Said Jeongmin, to this point he was really mad at Hyunseong but not as mad he was with himself.
Hyunseong didn't know what to do."Jeongmin you're my best friend..."
"I know, right? I know I'm your damn best friend, so what? What's your point?" Jeongmin was being rude
"why are you so mad? Huh? What's going on?" Hyunseong didn't understand his friend's actions.
"It's nothing Hyunseong, leave me alone."
"no" that was all he said.
"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you to leave my room." Hyunseong didn't move.
Jeongmin decided to leave the room and Hyunseong there. He needs some clean air.
"Jeongmin where are you going?" asked the older, but Jeongmin didn't answered.
He just leaves the house. "I need to give up on you, hyung." said Jeongmin in tears when he closed the door.
He spend that night in a small park.

(...)

Kim Donghyun was beyond of mad."are you a ing baby? Why did you leave the house without the phone? You have responsibilities Lee Jeongmin! Are you stupid? Did you know you have people who take care about you? Hyunseong, Minwoo, Kwangmin, Youngmin and me were searching you for almost ten hours. We thought something bad happened to you!"
Jeongmin didn't know what to reply."I-I'm so sorry hyung, It will never gonna happen again, I was just too frustrated to stay in the house, sorry. I promise it will never happen again."
Donghyun didn't change his expression. "go and apologize our members, because of you no one of us slept, the twins even cried... And manager-nim want to see you."
"Of course he wants." Thought Jeongmin.
-
"Lee Jeongmin!" Started manager Lee, he was obviously angry.
"here we go again..." Said Jeongmin to himself."I'm sorry Hyung, it will never gonna happen again."
"Of course it will never happen again, you're fired."
Jeongmin shocked."W-what?"
Manager Lee didn't say anything more.
-
"Hyung you can't leave us." Said Youngmin in tears.
"Calm down Youngmin, I'm not dying. I'm just fired from BOYFRIEND, we are still best friends right? Do your best for BESTFRIENDS."
"But what about you hyung? Without you we aren't BOYFRIEND anymore, BOYFRIEND has six members, and one of the most loved is the shortest one, please, hyung can't leave us."
"Youngminnie, I'm trying to hold all of this, but this is my fault, I've done a lot of mistakes and this is how I pay for them, stop crying, I've made you shed tears a lot, I'm so sorry."
"No, hyung.... Hyung wasn't making any mistake, you had a bad time and you're being judged by that, isn't even your fault."

-
Hyunseong entered in the house. He saw Youngmin crying."What's happening? Why are you crying Youngminnie?"
"Jeongmin-h...h...hyung is leaving us, manager-nim fired him" said Youngmin crying way too much.
Hyunseong shocked."WHAT? MANAGER-NIM DID... WHAT?"
-

Minwoo, Kwangmin and Donghyun were in the studio, talking with manager Lee. "You can't fire Jeongmin, just..." The three of them were arguing with manager Lee.
"I had no choice guys." That was all he said.
Hyunseong entered with Youngmin to the studio."Then I'm leaving BOYFRIEND too."
"You can't." manager Lee laughed. "you signed a contract."
"Prove me." Hyunseong defied.
"Ok, let's calm down."Said the manager.
"No." Answered Minwoo.
"we want Jeongmin hyung back." Said Kwangmin.
"or I'm leaving too." Said Youngmin.
Manager Lee didn't expected something like that, but..."Ok, so is this the end of BOYFRIEND? "
"It seems like..." Donghyun said.
"What about your fans? Don't you love them? Are you just forgetting that they take care about y'all?"
"They love BOYFRIENDwe aren't BOYFRIEND without Jeongmin."
"Of course you're, he's just a member, y'all can make it work."
"I'm just a member too, so you" said Hyunseong.
It's over.

(...)

Rumors everywhere, a lot of confused fans and nobody knows where's Jeongmin.
Donghyun decided to make a concert with the other 4 members. He wasn't sure if that will work but he was trying... "our fans are the best!"
"thanks for coming." Said Kwangmin.
"we are really happy to stay here with y'all." said Minwoo.
But the fans were searching for something. It was not something, but someone."where's Jeongmin!?" They asked.
"our Jeongmin? We don't know. Ask the person who..." Youngmin was interrupted by someone's laugh. 
We all know that laugh. 
Jeongmin is here.
"Hello! How are the best fans in the world tonight?" Said him with a brighter smile.

(...)

The concert ended, everything went well. All the members were in the car, they're going home. "Okay, what happened?" Asked Donghyun, Jeongmin wasn't listening to him because of Hyunseong, he passed the last hour apologizing for his attitude.
"I said it's okay hyung, it was not your fault. I was upset and just leave the house without think about the consequences." Jeongmin smiled.
"you were upset because of me. I'm sorry Jeongminnie..." Hyunseong hugged him.
"No, I'm sorry for making this mess." Jeongmin decided that he will ignore his feelings, avoid them is the only thing he can do.
"we need to talk." suddenly said Hyunseong.
"we're talking right now." Jeongmin joked.
"It's more serious than this." Hyunseong was serious.
The car arrived the house.
"come with me." Said hyunseong.
"where are we going?" asked Jeongmin.
"just follow me Jeongmin." Hyunseong holded Jeongmin's hands.
Jeongmin nodded."okay." 
they arrived a park."so, we need to talk." Hyunseong talked first.
Jeongmin nodded again."I'm listening."
"Jeongmin you know we are friends." started Hyunseong.
"yup, so what?" 
"and you already heard that I like someone..."
"hyung, I don't think that we need to talk about who do you like and who you don't, I mean, go and talk with her." Jeongmin started to feel bothered of the topic.
"You're not listening to me Jeongmin." Hyunseong insisted.
"I am, but you know, I think everyone knows about your crush on someone, so what's the point of talk about it with me?" Jeongmin felt like dying of jealousy.
"because you're my friend." Hyunseong was in panic.
"Donghyun hyung is your friend too, why do you want to talk with me?" why me? he thought.
"you're my best friend." Hyunseong said it once again.
"what's the point of remind me that every time? I know we are best friends, right? Nothing more." 'just best friends' Jeongmin reiterated to himself.
"why are you so mad again? And you didn't tell me why you were like that that day. Let's talk about it." Hyunseong changed the topic.
"I don't want to, it was ridiculous, I'm fine now." Jeongmin lied.
"Jeongmin you're not fine, you're avoiding me, You even left that day and you got fired. What's going on? Hell I'm not your enemy." Hyunseong pointed.
"right now, I think so." Jeongmin lied without thinking.
"w-what? am I your enemy now? You're incredible" hyunseong started to make his way to the house, he was completely hurt because of jeongmin's words.
"h-hyung I'm sorry, I didn't meant it." Jeongmin was in panic.
"Jeongmin see you in the house, bye."
Jeongmin wasn't thinking, he just acted. He took Hyunseong's face in his hands and kissed him... In the lips."I-I'm... I'm s-sorry hyung, please don't hate me." Hyunseong was shocked, he didn't notice it until the end of the kiss.
Jeongmin kept apologizing to Hyunseong."I... I just needed it, but please forget it, I'm sorry hyung." Hyunseong hugged him."This was the reason why I needed to talk about it with you." And he kissed Jeongmin... Twice.
Jeongmin smiled, took a deep breath and said."H-hyungI'msosorrybutIthinkIloveyou."
Hyunseong smiled, he knows that when Jeongmin is nervous he speaks faster."JeongminI'mnotsorrybecauseIloveyoutoo."

(...)

"Did you knew it hyung?" asked Jeongmin to Donghyun.
"Not just myself. All of us knew it, it was obvious." Said Donghyun and the twins nodded.
Minwoo was busy bullying Hyunseong because he kept looking at where Jeongmin was."He's your boyfriend, oh my god the two of you are boyfriends." Minwoo laughed. "This is so funny."
Hyunseong wasn't even annoyed, the smile in his face will be hard to be removed.
"Minwoo, come here" Jeongmin called Minwoo.
"yes, hyung?" said Minwoo going in Jeongmin's direction.
When Minwoo was close enough, Jeongmin whispered to him:"stop bully my boyfriend or I'll tell everyone about your 'little games' with Donghyun-hyung."
Minwoo opened his eyes."I was just joking around, hyung" he ran away and called Donghyun.
The twins were playing with their phones, Jeongmin joined them, when they got bored they said:"we know about Donghyun-hyung and Minwoo too." and then they laughed. Jeongmin laughed with them."and, we all saw you kissing that day."

Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong and smiled.
Hyunseong smiled back.
"He doesn't know how much I love that smile" they thought.