Chapter 7

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVEN; THAT VOICE.

"Daehyun just talked to me"

"Yes kill him! Destroy the enemy! Blast them into smithereens! BANG BANG BANG!" Hope didn't think she could push herself any further into the cushions of her sofa but she wasn't about to give up on trying to hide in the couch more and more with each time Yongguk shouted. He was far too enthusiastic about death and far too absorbed in the action on the screen before him to notice Hope who was now part of the furniture, barely recognisable within the fluffy pillows surrounding her. She stared on at the oldest alien in pure horror, she had never seen anyone so excited to watch people die. Hope believed that she was under the care of a psycho as Yongguk whooped and cheered at the gore taking place on the TV.

"What is all this noise I'm hearing?" Youngjae demanded, appearing from the staircase with a book in his hand and a look filled with pure irritation across his face. He looked down and saw Hope's eyes peeping at him from under the pillows and Hope believed she had found a saviour as he rose a questioning eyebrow at her. Youngjae's eye trailed to his leader, the source of the noise filling the house, throwing his fists and kicking his feet, imitating the way the soldiers in the movie were fighting, as if he were there with them in that moment.

"Youngjae save me, please" He heard a frail voice and Youngjae looked back at the human hiding under the pillows, she looked completely safe and secure from what he could see. Youngjae turned to leave for his room again and the feeling of betrayal washed over Hope as he ignored her cries for help. Youngjae came back down the stairs with no book in his hand this time and Hope believed that her hero had returned. But Youngjae made himself comfortable between Yongguk and Hope, snatching one of the pillows she had been using to cover herself and hugging it to his chest as he leant back and got extra comfy.

"Zelo you have got to save me!" Hope almost cried when she saw the young robot enter the room with a big grin covering his face after having finally heard his leader attempt to break the eardrums of everyone on the street.

"Hey there hope, you look nice and warm there" Zelo waved, his smile now a dense, clueless one as he sat at the feet of his leader and turned to ask him what they were watching.

This was Hope's worst nightmare.

------------

"Hey, Daehyun what have you got there?" Hope peeked over Daehyun's shoulder, which shocked the quiet man and earned a giggle from Hope when she realised that she had scared him. Daehyun's head dropped, his eyes remaining glued on the specks and marks on the ground in front of him, assuming he was in trouble for the object he was holding in his hands.

"Oh, that's my mum's video camera. Where on earth did you find this? I haven't been able to find it for the longest time" Slowly, Daehyun's head lifted, his eyes flickering to look up at Hope from under his eyelashes as he continued to wait for a scolding, maybe even a hit. Instead, Hope took the camera from his grip and turned it o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter