Chapter 26

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; I'M SORRY.

"I forgive you this time"

“Well, what’s wrong with him?” Youngjae looked at their leader, having enough of being terrified by the sight of his best friend before him. After knowing Daehyun and his character for so long, the sudden change in personality was worth some serious questioning, Youngjae knew that.

“I don’t know Youngjae. This is the third time I’ve hard to use this on him and nothing is changing in him, he’s still acting the same way” Yongguk rubbed his face tiredly, the object he was talking about was in his other hand by his side, it was something he hated carrying around, but found that it came to be an important object. The five people surrounding Daehyun let out huffs of air and prolonged sighs, looking away so that they wouldn’t have to watch Daehyun struggle against the constraints that kept him lying on the bed. Daehyun was getting weaker, his body was filled with pain and his ears were constantly ringing, he kept his eyes closed most of the time now, just waiting in hopes of finding an escape.

“I don’t know if that is something that you really need to see” Kai whispered in Hope’s ear, stunning her and making her turn to blink at him with wide eyes and parted lips, a small gasp dropping from her. She was too afraid to approach the bed but there was the memory of the wordless but caring Daehyun that pulled her back, making Hope worry for him. She shrugged and turned away from the room, the whole floor was elapsed in a silence as Hope walked down the hall, looking through the doors as she was curious about what everyone else was doing.

She found herself in the canteen, walking towards the doors to the kitchen and pushing them open. She saw Kyungsoo jump as surprise took over his figure and he turned around with his wide eyes unblinking to look at the source of the noise that stunned him.

“Oh, you shocked me Hope” He chuckled awkwardly as Hope moved to lean against the table.

“Sorry” Hope voiced, watching Kyungsoo as he smiled and turned back to the food he was making. When the doors swung open again, Kyungsoo didn’t flinch and remained concentrated on his cooking with a crease in his brow.

“Is there something wrong?” Kai came and stood next to Hope and she stood straighter on instinct, contemplating if she should run or stay and take the confrontation.

“No” She responded automatically and Kai scoffed.

“Well, that’s a funny answer because you haven’t talked to me in how long now? Something has to be wrong for you to be ignoring me” Kai concluded with a shrug to show his annoyance. Kyungsoo let out a snort at Kai’s words and both Kai and Hope watched him as his shoulders shook, as if he were silently laughing to himself.

“Well, in case you lost your memory, there is currently a dispute with two planets that has now been put under the one roof and there is no certainty of me being safe standing here with you” Hope snarled with malice quickly getting defensive when Kai’s face turned an angry shade of red and his teeth were bared.

“So you don’t feel safe around us? Don't you think we would have up and left with you if we planned to hand you over to our king? Actually, you shouldn’t feel safe, how could you feel safe? Do you even realise that you are outnumbered by short circuited aliens? We’ll blow up eventually!” Kai threw his arms in the air and Hope had to cross her arms to stop herself from breaking under the pressure and slapping him.

“Actually I do feel safe thank you very much! I feel safe when I am with the members of B.A.P because they came here to protect me from you! I feel safe when I am in my room and away from this whole mess, heck I, as a matter of fact, feel safe with Kyungsoo! He’s the only person who hasn’t stuck his nose into the conflict. So why don’t you man up and apologise for lying instead of ignoring me for weeks and then acting like I’m in the wrong!” Her voice rose, Hope jabbed a finger at Kyungsoo and resisted using the same hand to grab Kai by the collar to shake some sense into him. Her chest rose and fell in heavy pants of aggression, she stared Kai down, waiting for him to dare to give her an answer, but he just stared back. Hope scoffed, as if she were saying “of course you won’t say anything to that” before she stamped her way out of the kitchen and left the scene.

“Why the hell would you do that?” There was a long pause without a sound before Kyungsoo spoke, not even looking at Kai when he did. Kai let his lips turn in a scowl when he remained silent and squinted his eyes at the shoes covering his feet.

“You can’t be dumb enough to try and tell me that you don’t understand why things are the way they are. The doors swung back and forth again when Kai back trailed out of the kitchen without giving Kyungsoo a reply and Kyungsoo shook his head.

Everything was just a big old mess.

------------

“Hope” Hope had tried to stop hearing the strain of Daehyun’s weak voice that was calling for her from his room.

“Hope, please I’m sorry” His crying was echoing through the halls that Hope was cautiously walking down. She looked left and right and over her shoulder, making sure no one else was following the sound, or would see her inching closer to the door. Daehyun was crying, Hope could hear it clearly now that she was so close to caving in, with her ear against the door and her breath caught in .

“Hope” She couldn’t help herself, she had to open the door and when she did, Daehyun’s head turned slowly, his eye blinking before they widened in recognition.

“Hope, Hope I’m so sorry” Daehyun made a choking sound, his cheeks sunken in and his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter