Chapter 22

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO; IT'S TIME TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

"You're accepting us as your family?"

"Time to wake up Hope, we gotta go now!"

"Huh?" Hope shot up from her place on the couch, looking around in a sleepy daze as Kris continued to shake her in an attempt to wake her up.

"We have to get out of here" Hope looked around seeing the blurs of the familiar men covered in black clothing. Her eyes widened and her first reaction was to let out a scream that had Kris jumping in shock. Kris pulled Hope to stand on her feet, gripping onto her arms and steadying her.

"Hope calm down it's me, Kris!"

"We're getting out of here" Kris continued when Hope looked up to meet his eyes, realising where she was and that none of EXO Planets men were taking her. Hope was shoved around, still half asleep as she was forced out of the motel and directed to one of the minivans.

"Ah!" Hope gasped in shock, becoming more alert when she was grabbed and forced into the minivan with an open door.

"Chill Hope it's just me" Hope regulated her breathing again and looked at Tao who was the one to pull her into the van, calming her down immediately. Once he saw that Hope was no longer scared, he jumped back out of the van and Hope watched him as a pillow smacked him in the face, making him sputter and cough before the door was slammed shut on her. There was a battle outside the van that had Hope sticking her nose to the window to watch and it seemed to only be getting worse. Hope scrambled back in the seats when the door was opened with a slam and another body jumped into the vehicle, coming straight for her who was hiding in the back row. Hope let out a cry as he stumbled over the seats, her legs kicking to keep them away from her.

"Get away!" She screamed, tears were beginning to roll down her cheeks. She fought with what strength she had, refusing, kicking and slapping away the hands that tried to grab her. But this man was quick, faster than any fighting skills that Hope had attained in her life. So when she was grabbed onto successfully, being pulled at the awkward angle she had forced herself into a corner with, she struck the man in his masked face with her foot. Hope found out that whatever the mask was made out of, it was an extremely hard material that had a painful jolt of shock flashing from her foot and up her body as if she had just jumped from a height and not landed correctly. Hope didn't understand why she was forced into the passenger seat upside down, but she fought to move so she was sitting upright as the man decked in black moved into the driver's seat. Hope snarled, her fist rushing forward to punch the man in the face where his half mask didn't cover his skin. Her fist landed against his nose, making his head bounce off the window. She brought her feet above the dash and kicked, squishing his hands under the pressure of her shoes, stomping them into his hands on the steering wheel several times before she slipped and the honk of the horn filled the area.

"Get out!" Hope shrilled. The slip of her foot caught the attention of those outside the shaking minivan. Hope clawed at the man, doing anything she could to stop this man looking creature from starting the minivan and taking off with her in it, Hope wasn't about to drop and roll out of a moving car anytime soon. The alien leant over to retaliate and Hope bit into his shoulder with all the strength in her jaw when the predator pulled away the minivan was brought to life that struck fear into two inside the vehicle. Hope kicked him in the face again, fumbling with the door behind her to find the handle and rip it open before he could move the vehicle. Hope dragged the man from EXO Planet over her seat and out the door with her, her fingers clenching onto his black jacket as she snarled in his face. She kicked him in his sensitive area, making him roll away as she forced herself to her feet.

 "Lee Hope!" Like a deer caught in headlights, a child caught snatching from the cookie jar, Hope turned to the owner of the rumbling voice with wide eyes.

"Here. Now" Yongguk ordered her, pointing to the place in front of him with his finger and a glare in his eyes. Hope stared at him.

He can't really be doing this right now, can he?

"Why the hell are you out of the van?" Yongguk demanded when she was standing in front of him, head lowered and refusing to look at him.

"You think I'm the one that started it? He was trying to drive off with me" She pointed back to the alien who was recovering from the attack to his s.

"We have to get you out of here" Yongguk gruffed, pulling Hope into his chest and moving her away from the grasp of the enemy.

"Get back in the minivan" Yongguk ordered and Hope looked up at him, keeping a tight grip on her elbow as he rushed them to the vehicle.

"What?!" Hope exclaimed, stumbling into the minivan when Yongguk forced the door open.

"We're leaving" Yongguk rushed out, looking behind him and waving his arm, catching the attention of a roughed up Himchan who nodded, turning away and blocking a hit that was aimed at Sehun.

"Quickly now" Yongguk ordered and Hope nodded, climbing over the seats and into the very back. People began running towards the vehicles. There was a fire, which Hope had no idea about how it was started, there were cries and shouts and it was loud, making Hope cover her ears.

"Ugh, I hate my life" Sehun grumbled, rolling his way over the seats to the row before Hope. Zelo shot over his head as he slouched down in the seat, gliding over the heads of the seats and into the place next to Hope, Youngjae followed, just not as gracefully as the younger male, taking the spot on Hope's other side.

"No, you hate your weak body" Kai scoffed, shuffling in hurriedly to sit next to Sehun, his foot landing in the stomach of the men behind him, sending them rolling away from the minivan.

"Speed it up!" Yongguk could be heard yelling, his arms waving towards the minivans and warding off the masked men angrily.

"Make room" Jongup hollered climbing into the very back to cover the laps of the other three blonds. Suho rushed into the driver's seat as the vehicle filled to the fullest capacity and Yongguk finally slammed the door to the passenger seat shut behind him.

"You seriously couldn't have gone with Kris? We made a deal that only three of your goons would fill each car" Yongguk looked into the very back of the van as Suho slammed his foot on the gas and sped away from the motel. The four in the back struggled with the swaying and rocking of the minivan finding the road and Yongguk snapped to glare at Suho.

"If one of them were to be dead I would guarantee one small deal would be the very last thing on your mind" Suho couldn't help but shudder, recoiling away from the angry man. Suho couldn't believe that the form of fear he felt was caused by a man that he believed to be a crazy human scientist that had the brains to make a robot.

"On another note, why is there blood on my steering wheel?" He asked trying to break the air of tense awkwardness and the adrenaline of the fight.

"You can blame me for that one" Hope wiggled her arm out of from under Jongup's body so she could raise her hand for Suho to look at her through the rearview mirror. But Suho only sent a quick glance, Hope had the lightest and most feminine voice in the group, suited to her gender so it wasn't hard to know when she was the one talking. Yongguk gave Suho a challenging look, daring him to get angry at Hope for the blood he was forced to touch. Suho gave a nervous chuckle, glancing at her in the rearview mirror one last time with a shake of his head.

"It's fine Hope" He reassured keeping his voice as even as he possibly could and the girl at fault nodded from the back seat.

------------

"Where are we?" Hope asked but the answer came to her when she looked out the window of the minivan and to the old building.

"The old hospital?" Someone asked in confusion and Hope could see Kris nodding, standing next to the open door of the minivan and helping the weaker ones out of the vehicle.

"Jongup, we're here" Hope shook the sleeping boy sprawled over her and he blinked to life, looking at her blankly for a few seconds. Hope smiled down at him, running her fingers through his hair and Jongup looked over the seats, slowly moving to sit up and crawling out of the minivan.

 "You go first" Youngjae nodded and Hope scrambled over the two rows of seats with the help of Zelo, coming out to hear Suho talking.

"There isn't anyone here anymore and I would assume that they would have left stuff behind when new things were bought for the new hospital, there should also still be electricity considering the building isn't in bad shape" Suho informed and Yongguk nodded. Daehyun limped over to stand next to Hope and she blinked, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter