Chapter 18

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: TIME TO EDUCATE YOU.

"Sweet dreams to you sweetheart"

“Get back here Himchan!” Youngjae yelled at his older fellow warrior as the second man in command gave it his best effort to strut away from the mess that was the game behind him.

“My gorgeous hands weren’t made for this Youngjae!” Himchan yelled walking to the sidelines where Hope was standing, taking responsibility for the role of the referee.

“And you call yourself one of the strongest warriors” The young girl scoffed and Himchan glared at her with a snarl leaving his lips, preparing to retort.

“You don’t use your hands in this game, moron” Jongup grumbled as he grabbed the back of Himchan’s collar, pulling him back to the game and causing Himchan to be stunned by the youngers actions, before fuming because the actions were performed by someone younger than him. Hope released a scoff at the idiocity that was Kim Himchan, as even when he was planted back in his spot on the makeshift court they had, he still tried to run away to seek safety once again.

“I knew this wasn’t going to work” Hope muttered as her shoulders sagged.

“You just need to give it some time” Yongguk reasoned with her, making Hope look at him with a frown. Hope nodded, Hope found that Yongguk was always correct, which meant this would work eventually.

“Remember the important thing is not to get hurt!” Yongguk waved his arms with a yell. His gentle reminder came along just as Jongup took the chance to slide through a muddy puddle that the recent downpour of rain had left behind. At the same time Jongup slipped through the puddle, Daehyun ran past with the ball as Youngjae and Zelo followed close behind him with determination. Himchan came along behind them, uselessly screaming his lungs out and pointlessly running in the same direction that he saw the others moving. Yongguk sighed and shook his head, but the expression soon changed into a gummy smile before he was running after them, joining in on the game.

“Himchan I’m on your team! Don’t take the ball away from me you damn twit!” Zelo pushed Himchan away from him as the older man shook his head, feeling dizzy as he wandered away from the action aimlessly. That was when Jongup chose to swoop in, recovering from the incident with the muddy puddle to slide along the wet grass and steal the ball, taking it back the way Zelo had come. Daehyun chased after him, panting through the mask he wore as Yongguk followed excitedly and the other three were left to fuss around between themselves. Himchan was pushed by Zelo and Youngjae, putting Himchan on his back on the grass by a tree, out of their way before taking off after the ball once again. When Himchan regained the strength to stand up and hunt them down, he ran with a grunt of effort, stealing the ball from the mess of kicking feet it was crowded in.

“No Himchan! That was the wrong goal you fool!” Youngjae cried and dropped to his knees, staining his pants green and soaking the material as Zelo grabbed his hair and tugged, letting out his own shouts of pure frustration whilst Himchan stood in the middle of the three happy boys who were cheering and jumping all over the place in a circle around him.

“I just don’t seem to get this game” Himchan whined in defeat, finally giving up.

------------

“We are never, ever doing that again. Ever” Hope groaned. The seven of them had stayed at the park almost until the sun was preparing to rise. The eldest members of the group having refused to leave until the perfect game was played and now it was fair to say that the children were utterly wasted, their muscles already starting to feel the ache that came with all the energy they had used.

“You can say that again” Zelo yawned, rubbing his tired eyes, the poor thing was only half charged when they had excitedly dragged the “adults” of the house down to the park and then he only had half of an hour to rest and charge before they were made to get ready for school again. Hope felt that if she didn’t watch the mechanical boy closely he would drop with a dead battery and something would be broken at any second.

“I’d rather not repeat myself” Hope also opened to let out a mighty yawn that showed how tired she also was. Her nails digging into her scalp as she gave her head a lazy scratch. Jongup stumbled out of the house and down the steps to drag his feet alongside them down the path.

“NO could you please say it again? I didn’t even hear you” Zelo grunted out.

“What are you talking about?” Jongup asked with what looked to be an over exaggerated yawn, he was so exhausted, it hurt to even take another step forward.

“We are never playing soccer with those two again” Hope mumbled as she leant into Daehyun, his arm wrapping around her shoulders for support. Jongup and Zelo could only nod in agreement as they carried on with the journey to school the same way a clan of zombies would stumble after the scent of brains, all the moans and groans included, or the way Daehyun would trip down the stairs at the lovely scent of freshly cooked breakfast. When they reached the school grounds they were shoved around by the other students that tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter