Chapter 15

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIFTEEN; JUST ONE NORMAL FRIEND.

"And you manage to ruin it every singel time"

“Get back here!” Hope let out a shrill of pure panic as she ran away from the baritone voice that sounded a lot closer to her than was seconds before. On the instinct of evacuation, Hope split up with Youngjae and ran in the opposite direction, roughly ploughing down the steep hill she was faced with as Youngjae ran for the safety of the playground once again.

“Hope? What are you doing here at this time of night? Why are you running away from something?” The sheer shock of seeing someone who knew here from school and having them see her act so immature or having them think some sort of was chasing her was enough to stop Hope from stumbling down the last of the hill to freeze in shock as she spotted Tao relaxing on a bench being surrounded by faces that were unfamiliar to her.

“Is someone trying to hurt you?” Tao stood up in worry and Hope shook her head immediately, unable to find any words to say.

“The hot foreigner is here?”

“Argh!” Hope didn’t even have the time for a snarky remark to be tossed in his direction when Kai popped out of the large group and his widened eyes narrowed when they landed on her. The warrior cry of Yongguk shocked everyone as he appeared at the top of the hill, making his stampede down with an exhausted Himchan following after him.

“So that’s why you’re running”

“Run Hope, get out of here whilst you still have the chance to live! This is the only way I can save you now my child!” Himchan cried and Hope didn’t have to be told twice as Himchan collapsed tiredly at the top of the hill and began his roll down to the bottom, Hope took off in a sprint once again.

“Oh, bye Hope” Tao waved but Hope didn’t even look back as another racy comment fell from Kai’s lips. She could hear Himchan suddenly coming to life to give Kai an ear chewing to last a lifetime, Hope just hoped he was standing up to save himself at least a little more embarrassment.

“One of your friends from school?” One of the older boys turned to Tao and he nodded, watching the direction Hope had taken off in.

“Is she actually in trouble? Like should we go and help her?” He asked and Tao shook his head.

“Kai knows them, they all live together apparently”

Hope continued running into the darkness where the lamp posts began to spread further and further apart from one another in the area of the park that was never really occupied by anyone. The sound of Yongguk’s steps was getting closer and the sound of his battles cries louder and clearer. Hope forced her feet to faster as the second playground came into her view with the few lamp posts keeping it lit.

“Oof!” Hope automatically shut her eyes when she crashed into what felt like a brick wall supported by another brick wall behind it just for safety measures. She began kicking her legs around once terror struck her that the brick wall was actually trying to kidnap her with their arms around her.

“Let me go!” She commanded, opening her eyes to swing her fist towards the face of the kidnapper. She screamed as her closed fist connected with the face of a tall male, his eyes were as black as the night surrounding them and Hope could only panic more when another one of the men covered in black articles of clothing walked behind them, keeping a close eye.

“Yongguk!” Hope shrilled as she thrashed around, doing her best to continuously slap the tall man in the face with the hope that he would wake up to himself and realize what was happening.

“Hope?” The petrified girl almost cried when the person holding her simply dropped her and she collapsed on the ground with a painful thud, causing her to cough as the wind was knocked out of her. She looked up and managed a scream when two more men in black masks marched forward as they barked commands in a language Hope couldn’t understand to the boy who stood frozen in front of her.

“Yongguk please help me!” She cried, what was taking him so long? Hope cried, rolling on the ground as the bigger men scurried to catch her and throw in a few slaps to her body. Her head bounced off the ground as she was slapped on the cheek and her head spun from the throbbing pain and dizziness but her panic never swayed as her ankles were grabbed and she was dragged along the cement. Hope screamed as it cut into her back har

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter