Chapter 14

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOURTEEN; ALL THE EXCITEMENT AND GUMMY SMILES IN THE COUNRTY.

"He was just happy she was safe and he was beside her to make sure of that"

“You will not be going to school, not until we know that you will be safe in that place again” Yongguk commanded, raking a hand through his tangled hair with aggravation clearly written on his face.

“And why not? I have these four with me don’t I?” Hope pointed at the others who were sat on the couch, who merely stared back at her with blank expressions.

Of course, they agree with him on this, they’ll always agree with their leader.

“Hope you will not be going to school and that is final!” Yongguk finally snapped and Hope rose to her feet without a word, angrily making her way up the stairs before marching into her room and slamming the door shut behind her. She fell on her bed, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes and already beginning to ache as she remained to stubborn to really cry.

------------

“Hope will you open up, please? Come on you’ve been locking yourself in there alone for the past three days. You haven’t even eaten anything since breakfast on Friday, you’re human that isn’t good for you” Himchan was correct, ever since Friday night Hope had stormed up to her room she had stayed there, locking the door and staying there for the entire weekend and all of Monday. Hope was desperate to know what was happening at school whilst she was away, what the boys were doing downstairs, the only updates she gave herself were those telling her she was due for a shower and her stomach crying for food.

“Hope you have to understand we’re doing this for your safety, please” Himchan begged, releasing a hopeless sigh. Seconds after waiting with no response his footsteps could be heard retreating from the door of Hope’s room. Hope’s stomach growled in protest, demanding food but all Hope chose to do was roll around until she was digging her face into the soft comfort of her pillow.

Just how long do I plan to keep myself trapped in here?

------------

Hours had passed by again before any sign of life made its way to Hope’s door. A desperate robot made his way up the stairs, biting down on his lip as he held a bowl of food in his two hands. There were no voices to be heard, dinner had been silent for them just as it was in Hope’s room, no one speaking a word for no one knew what to say.

“Hope, I have dinner here for you” Zelo’s voice, filled with innocence was like a knife cutting through butter when he spoke, that’s how thick the air in the house had become since she isolated herself. Hope sighed as she found it within herself to get up from her bed and walk towards the door. When the door clicked and opened before him, Zelo was staring down at a tired figure with wide eyes filled with surprise, the door hadn’t been opened for the past three days and now that he stood before it she was opening it?

Zelo flashed Hope a grin, it was hopeful but Hope didn’t return the same show of happiness as he did. Zelo entered the room and she shut the door behind him before following him to where he was putting the food on her study desk.

“Hope we’ve all been so worried about you the past few days” Zelo muttered as he pulled Hope into a sudden hug. Hope managed to return the hug before he pulled away and looked back at the table that had two bowls of chicken noodle soup placed on it.

“You seriously need to eat before you die from lacking food in your tummy, oh and Yongguk said something about humans needing to stay hydrated or else they stop functioning but I don’t know what hydrated means so you’re on your own with that one, sorry” Zelo’s voice went quiet as he fell into confusion and Hope gave a small twitch of her lips as she smiled at him.

“Thank you Zelo” She whispered softly.

“Would you like to come out to the kitchen to eat your dinner?” He asked her and Hope shook her head.

“No thank you. I’ll just stay in here” She responded with a smile and Zelo gave a meek nod as he pouted. But he moved to pick up the bowls of soup and shuffled over to sit next to Hope on the fluffy bed.

“Be careful Zelo you don’t want to spill it!” Hope exclaimed and Zelo could only giggle at her distress.

“You’re silly Hope, I am a robot remember? If anything it’s the others you should be stressing about, not me. I am certainly the most trustworthy one in the house if you were to think about it” Zelo rambled, with an innocent smile on his face as he gave Hope her dinner. There was a mature, knowing look behind his smile though and Hope immediately noticed it.

“I know that you’re only trying to up to me Zelo” She scoffed as she took the bowl of soup from him.

“You’re not wrong” Hope giggled at him as Zelo continued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter