Chapter 11

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER ELEVEN; GET LOST.

"Daehyun looked away from his new enemy and down at her"

“Come on it’s time to get up now” Youngjae shook Hope awake and she looked around with tired eyes as she blinked, nodding when Youngjae gave her another shake to make sure she was awake. Hope got out of bed and left to do her morning routine as Youngjae left her room to wake the others up. Her morning routine was a slow routine but she finally managed to finish and dragged herself downstairs with her bag slung over her shoulders. She chucked the bag on the couch, it landed on Zelo’s foot, shocking the robot to life, making him jump into a fighting stance before realizing there was no danger in sight. He groaned and fell back on the couch, just as tired as Hope was.

“Why is everyone so tired today?” Yongguk asked as he looked at everyone who sat at the kitchen table with their head struggling to be held up, risking falling face first into their cereal.

“Oh, I have no idea. I mean it certainly couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that someone used his authority in the group to keep everyone up past three in the morning to watch war movies together” Himchan snapped, his tone bitterly sarcastic as Yongguk frowned at his same aged friend before smiling as he looked at the empty air in front of him.

“They really were good movies though weren’t they?” He asked no one in particular and not really wanting an answer, knowing he would only get shot down if he were to receive one. Youngjae scoffed muttering a sarcastic ‘yeah right’ under his breath and Himchan shot his leg out to kick the younger male under the table for trying to ruin Yongguk’s good mood, as if he hadn’t before him.

Hope let out a yawn, slowly bringing her hand up to cover , missing the yawn her fingers touched her now shut lips and her closed eyes opened to blink in confusion. Daehyun’s eyes were closed, but like a blind man who had practiced all his life, he shoved spoonful after spoonful of cereal into his mouth, determined to have his first meal of the day.

“Finish your breakfast kids, it’s almost time to go to school” Himchan sighed, staring at them all moving slowly, almost wanting to tell them to ditch school to catch up on their sleep.

------------

“You’re late” Mr Jung stated bluntly and Hope grunted while the four boys with her decided to remain silent.

“Maybe you just decided to be early today” Apparently Youngjae wasn’t here to take any of Mr Jung’s crap today. Mr Jung snapped his head in the direction of the sarcastic tone.

“All right, since I can’t tell which of you gave that snide remark I will give all of you a warning” Mr Jung scowled, clearly he wasn’t in any better of a mood today.

“For goodness sakes, Youngjae, do you want to get us detention?” Hope glared at the accused boy. Youngjae muttered a small sorry to her and sat down with the other boys, putting his head on his folded arms and quickly falling asleep.

“Oh Mrs Woo, good morning to you, is there anything I can do for you?” The door to the classroom swung open again and Mr Jung turned to Mrs Woo with an overly happy tone, watching as the lady walked in with four new students trailing behind her. Hope looked to the front of the class as all the students around her burst into whispers, particularly the girls becoming excited by the fresh serving of four good looking boys they were getting delivered to their class.

“I have some new students for you, Mr Jung, they will be part of this class now so I expect everyone to make them feel welcomed” She smiled, giving a nod to Mr Jung and the four new students before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her. 

“Well, then boys welcome to the school would you like to introduce yourselves please?” Mr Jung asked using his hand to gesture to the crowd of awaiting students in front of them. Hope had yet to pull out of her tired state to pay full attention to the teachers talking, but then she heard an unfamiliar voice and the curiosity caused her to perk up to listen. Hope scanned the four of them standing at the front of the classroom, all smiles as they introduced themselves. Then she met the eyes of a tanned boy, his lips parting to speak as they remained in the shape of a smile.

“Hello my name is Kai; I can’t wait to get to know you all”

It’s that ert from the other day!

Hope’s hand snatched out to grab Daehyun’s who was sitting next to her with his eyes closed and his mask covering his face almost back in dreamland until her sudden tight grip alerted him. He could feel the distress seeping from her from the moment she touched him and his eyes snapped open and he looked at her worriedly. Hope turned to look at Daehyun next to her with a sour expression on her face as she met his curious eyes.

“It’s that guy from the other day” She muttered and Daehyun’s eyes traveled to the front of the classroom, to where Kai was indeed watching them intently as his friends finished introducing themselves to the class.

I won’t let him touch you again Hope.

Daehyun turned to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter