Naega Deo Saranghaeseo Mandeureobeorin Nae Jalmosijyo(Its My Mistake For Loving You More Than You Love Me)

Nareul Deo Saranghage Mandeulji Motan Nae Jalmosijyo (My Mistake For Not Making You Love Me More)

Eunkyung takes a deep breath before she goes out the company van. Facing the fan that have been waiting for her, she smiles sweetly and waves to them. Then, she enters the KBS building. Finally she is here for their first variety show, Hello Counsellor. JYP decided the duos should have their variety debut there becase Jaelyn is good in giving reaction and pep talks but she doesn’t speaks Korean well thus she needs Eunkyung. Han Jaelyn who has been living in Manchester half her life has been struggling to speak her mother tongue since they used English at home but it seems like whenever she hard troubling in explaining herself Eunkyung always get her. Jaelyn is already inside as she just finishes her schedule, solo pictorial while Eunkyung just finishes her vocal training. The attention is overwhelming though the duos, Emerald just debuted for 3months. They first released the Cherry Blossom Ending as the springs end then they continued their promotion with I Am The Best, an English song. Jaelyn who is good in facial expression and reaction keep getting pictorials offer and variety shows. And Eunkyung gladly tags along as she feel safe to open up whenever Jaelyn is around. Eunkyung who wanted to be like her leader only can hopes for now as she is quite shy and had trouble opening up to peoples ,even with Jaelyn takes 3 months for Eunkyung to feel comfortable around each other. She too desire to be out spoken in front of camera but for now she will focus her roles as the main vocal of the duo.

She sighes out loud then walk towards the studio & where Hello Counsellor filming will be held while not forgetting to bow politely to the staffs that passes by her. Jaelyn asks her to come to the studio first before they gone to their make up room to introduce themselves to the staffs. Again she takes a deep breath, crossing her fingers ,silently whispered “here goes nothing”, turns the knobs to the door of studio 7. Opening the doors, she gasps as she saw him. She know he would be here, she read the guest list. And she already preps up her mind and heart to react calmly when she saw him. “Hi Eunkyung, still jumpy as usual” He smiles.

Eunkyung gnaws her lower lip. This is not how she planned to meet her first love, Yoon Doojoon of Beast. “Anyeonghaseyo Doojoon-shi,” She bows politely. Doojoon frowns at her gesture. “Eunkyung-ah”  Her heart flutters at her name casually rolling down his tongues. She could only stares at Doojoon as he studies her back. Then, Shin Dongyup cames in and interrupt their cold atmosphere that she intentionally sets. “Ah you must be Eunkyung-shi, my daughter is a fan of yours,”

“Ah really. I’m fan of yours too Shin sunbaenim. Anyeonghaseyo, Jang Eunkyung imnida, Emerald’s main vocal. Please take good care of me,”

“Ah such a well-mannered kid. “Shin Dongyup pats her shoulders. “Let’s take a picture together after this okay for my daughter?”

Eunkyung nods politely.

“Ah Doojoon. Please shows Eunkyung around since you are here,”  Shin Dongyup said. “This old man has go out for cigars break before the show starts,”

“Ah really, it wouldnt be-“Before Eunkyung could finishes her words, Doojoon cuts through.

“Of course hyung, it will be my honour,” Doojoon said while flashing his charming smiles.

“Lets go Eunkyung-shi” Doojoon said between his gritted teeth.

“Ah I, neh. “Eunkyung said while Doojoon leading both of them.

Doojoon keeps his professional act while introducing her to all the staffs as a close dongsaeng and asking them to take care both of them.

Aish, where is Jae unnie. I need her. Eunkyung maintain her calm states throughout the mini tour of studio 7. Surprisingly Doojoon didn’t said anything about their past. And that part makes her relieved but at the same time disappointed. We really meant nothing do we?

 

Listen to this

 

“So we are here. Your make up room,” Doojoon says as both of them stands in front of the make-up room for women guests and panels.

“Neh, gamsamhanida Doojoon-shi for showing me around. Please take care of me too in the recording later,” Eunkyung bows politely.

Before she could enter the room, Doojoon grab her wrists stopping her. “I always do and always will,”

Again, Eunkyung gnaws her lower lip, this time not because of nervousness; she is fighting from tears escaping her eyes. “Then, why you never stop me from leaving CUBE 3 years ago. I waited for you till day I had to move out, and cowardly you never come,”

Noticing that Doojoon has loosened his grips because of shocks, Eunkyung frees her hand and quickly enters the room. She let out a sigh and only realized she has been holding her breath since they were standing outside.

“Oh there were you, Eunkyung-ah. Come here; let me introduce you to Yeongja unnie. She is one of the fixed panels. She is teaching me a lot of tricks to do reactions,” Jaelyn said with twinkles in her eyes.

Oh unnie’s eyes is twinkling that means she is comfortable. That quick. And Jae unnie already calling her unnie when they just meet less than 2 hours.

“Ah I’m not that good,” Lee yeongja said while blushing and softly slapping Jaelyn’s shoulders.

“Eyy, unnie don’t be like this. I learn a lot from you in such short time. Yeongja unnie, this is Jang Eunkyung,” Jaelyn said while ushering her to stand closer to them.

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Jang Eunkyung imnida, Emeralds’ main vocal. Please take good care of me,”

“And unnie, Eunkyung is Wooyoung dongsaeng,” Jaelyn said suggestively.

“Omo, really. Unnie is your fan, please pass my hello to him,” Yeongja said while squealing and grabbing both of Eunkyung hands. Eunkyung smiles politely to hide her surprised. She glance at Jaelyn who sneakily winked at her.

Unnie is too good at this.

And the three of them chat while Eunkyung being ready by their style coordi noona. Well mostly Eunkyung just responds and nods.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Guedaeyo, guedaeyo, guedaeyo, guedaeyo,” Both Eunkyung and Jaelyn sings their debuts song, Cherry Blossom Ending and harmonize perfectly with each other accompany by Jaelyn on acoustic guitar. As they end the song, a hoots of squeals and claps from the male fan cheers them.

Next, Doojoon and Yoseob dance their current promotion song “Shadow” only to fail halfway as first Doojoon bump Yoseob and messing up the choreography but somehow Doojoon managed to pick himself up.

Flustered both of them continue their dance and quickly return to their seats when the songs end.

“I feel a lot of difference of their performance. But aren’t sunbaes groups are supposed to be better so they can show good example to the hoobae,” Shin Dongyup teases.

“It’s because of they are still hoobae and still new thus their energy is still on top,” Yoseob teases back. The responses got echoes by the audience laughter.

“I was nervous because of Emerald here,” Doojoon teased.

Catcalls and hoot of laughter echoes after that.

Eunkyung blushes at that comment and she sneakily glance at Doojoon who was actually already looking at her. Eunkyung don’t fall for him again, he broke your heart 3 years ago. He made you left CUBE.

“Actually I’m a fan of BEAST,” Jaelyn bluntly said.

“Ah really. So who is your bias?” Yoseob said gladly.

“Doojoon-shi,” Jaelyn said with a bright smile.

Eunkyung nearly squel what out of surprise but she ma. No, unnie!

“Yah just now you agree to get into scandal with me!” Yoseob suddenly shocking the audience. Everyone laugh as Jaelyn start to giggle.

“Ey didn’t you just meet each other less than 2 hours ago and you both are already this comfortable,” Yeongja teases.

“Its because we are same age friend as she likes to claim. She approaches me just now
 Yoseob said while conning her.

“Oh, its not like that. I’m just glad I found an idol that is very near to my age. And I really thought he younger from his face,” Jaelyn quickly explains.

“Ah unnie finally meet her opponent. Jaelyn unnie is known to cons others in JYP,”Eunkyung joins in.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eunkyung smiles as Jaelyn unintentionally make everyone laugh by being blunt and quirky. A lot of time Eunkyung smiles, talks a bit here and there to help Jaelyn explains her thoughts. And sometimes she cant help to glance at Doojoon and couple of times they locked eyes but Eunkyung looks away. Jaelyn and Yoseob were already on friendly banter by laughing on simplest jokes. Jaelyn’s easily amused side is kicking in. Eunkyung grins as she saw the hosts fells for another white lie that was made up by Jaelyn and Yoseob.

 

She laughs and her sight accidentally shifted towards Doojoon. Coincidentally Doojoon was only looking at her and then she wink. Unknowingly she let out a quite gasp as the camera is still recording and she keeps her cool while pretending she was listening to the current problems. A guest , Kim Jo Nah come in and tells about her problem about she has trouble fitting in back in United States as the only Asian for her age then as she moves here to Korea for high school, she also had trouble fitting in because she doesn’t speak Korean wells.

“Neh that’s too bad right, maybe Jaelyn-shi can give her a word because I think she might face the same situation before,” Youngja, the female host asked.

 

“Ah about this. How can I say this. Hum. I’m just a glad that I have my brothers to take care of me when I’m highschooling and here in Korea, I have 2PM Taecyeon. We both got closed because we kinda enter JYP at same time and both of us face same problem, language barrier. For me, you have to a friend that will stand to you like a pillar and if you really don’t find something that you are passionate for so it will make you pass high school. High school is a lot of pain in the ,” Jaelyn said. Though Jaelyn said the last word in English but it managed to make the crowds laugh.

 

Jaelyn waits a while before continuing her speech.

“I think high school is gonna bit unbearable especially you will experience the difference of education atmosphere between Korean and UK. I’m not saying like Koreans are stressing too much on the student or US is lacking in terms of that field but both country has their own way and education culture. Like in UK, we don’t stay at school until 10PM unless you are in a boarding school like here and we don’t go to school unless we have club activities. But here, Koreans do that. I think its good too since its developing a competitive generation,” Jaelyn smiles.

 

“Ah true, there even saying in Korea that 'If you sleep three hours a night, you may get into a top 'SKY university;' If you sleep four hours each night, you may get into another university; if you sleep five or more hours each night, especially in your last year of high school, forget about getting into any university.” Shin Dongyup said with such exaggeration that the crowds continue to roar in laughter.

 

“Ah, and about saying having a friend, I’m really thankful because I had Eunkyung as my partner cuz we really clicked well when we first meet. And although we have 6 years she is really matured for her age. And it still make me wonders how she managed to give me the right words to expressed myself when I’m struggling with the language,” Jaelyn compliments Eunkyung.

 

Eunkyung blushes.

 

“I’m not really surprise cuz I know Eunkyung when she was a trainee in CUBE. And she looks like someone that is matured for her age. She is polite and kind to elders. And I really admire her patience and understanding towards others as I know her in CUBE,” Doojoon said with such ambiguous tone that everyone squeals ooh but only Eunkyung understands what he mean.

 

Eunkyung blushes again and at the same time hating herself for still blushing whenever he compliments after all this years.

 

“So our Jaelyn already has scandal with Taecyeon  and our Eunkyung with Doojoon. Rookie nowadays is advance,” Shin Dongyup teased.

 

“Ah with Taecyeon, we can’t swing it that way. We actually try dating but it doesn’t work. We really sees each other as oppa-dongsaeng relationship,” Her response got the audience squeals. “But, I don’t know about Eunkyung with Doojoon, so sneaky,”

 

“Ani, ani,” By this time Eunkyung had blushes to the point it resemble baboon’s .

 

“Omo, she is blushing so bad. This is my first time I saw her like this, “Jaelyn continue to tease.

 

“Ah she is always like that,” Doojoon teased again.

 

And the crowds continue to squeals.

 

“I can see new headline tomorrow,” The male host joked.

 

“Doojoon-shi please behave. My maknae is only 18,” Jaelyn warned.

 

“Age is only numbers,” Doojoon continued.

 

To this point Eunkyung had to cover her face with a small blanket that was meant to cover her knees that were exposed because of her dress.

 

The whole recording goes through like that, Yoseob and Jaelyn throwing playful banter to the point Jaelyn slaps Yoseob’s arm gently because he keep on exaggerating whenever her talks and Doojoon bringing tidbits of Eunkyung past in CUBE.

 

And the next guest was a girl talking about her older brother is obsessed with aegyos and how he used aegyos to get away from every wrongdoing he have done. And quickly Jaelyn and Eunkyung looks at her each other and giggles.

 

“This sounds like someone I know, right Eunkyung,” Doojoon suddenly said.

 

Flustered, she could only stares at Doojoon without saying anything.

 

“Eunkyung doesn’t like aegyo too despite she is the maknae and I think we can click well because we both don’t do aegyos, I think we chingu will click well” Jaelyn said while trying to diverge the attention back to the guest.

 

“Ah true, I feel awkward in doing aegyo. Although I’m the maknae too in my family but I don’t do aegyos that well,” Eunkyung replied.

 

“Actually Eunkyung have a lot of natural aegyo. Especially when she is angry with me, she will be like huffing her cheek and when she whines to ask me to cook for her,” Jaelyn teased Eunkyung.

 

“Why don’t you like aegyos though Jaelyn?” The male host asks.

 

“Its just that I feel weird despite being the maknae in the family. I just don’t know how to do and responds well to aegyos. And my second brother will always does aegyos, Ill directly hit him in head,” Jaelyn explained.

 

“I agree, I always unknowingly swat his arm when he is doing aegyos,” The female guest said.

“I get you chingu,” She shoot a wink.

 

The next guest talks about how she has a friend that can see ghosts and she is really pissed off since she got scared easily.

“When we were walking, my friend would suddenly stop and stare at one place for a long time. And when she in good mood, she would sneakily said helo friend to an empty spot beside me”

Eunkyung and Jaelyn unknowingly cling to each other.

Suddenly a ghost coming thru between the two girls and Jaelyn screams then laugh as she realized it is fake. Eunkyung stay frozen at one place. Even after she realized it was a person wearing a white dress and wig, she could still literally feel her hair stand on end. Then, as amidst of people screaming and laughing she could feel a hand patted her shoulder.

Those strong sandalwood and after shave cream smell. His presence behind me whenever I’m afraid. Yoon Doojoon. The man who made me left CUBE 3 years ago, the man that broke her heart.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eunkyung fiddles with her handphone as she tried to ignore the scrutinizing look Jaelyn gives since they leave the waiting room.  And when she turn to look at Jaelyn, Jaelyn would smiles sweetly that it could cure cancer. That’s how Jaelyn works when she try to make someone to confess on their own. Then, Eunkyung pretend to be busy by scrolling SNS. Jaelyn just uploaded a picture of them two with Doojoon and Yoseob with caption “ A new quadruplet sub unit? Wait this Wednesday” as Hello Counselor airs every Wednesday. While Jaelyn and Yoseob smiles and both thumbing up, she poses with her shy peace and Doojoon smiles. Both of the guys stand behind them in the picture and Eunkyung realized that Doojoon stand a little too close for her comfort.

Doojoon didn’t say anything to Eunkyung as Jaelyn loyally cling to her like she know what Doojoon is trying to do. Impossible tho. Unnie doesn’t know why I move to JYP. OMAIGOD here she is again staring at me.

Giving up, Eunkyung closed her eyes and try to sleep.

Flashback

“Okey guys, next stop haunted house!” The girls of Apink member squeals except maknae of APink, Eunkyung. Eunkyung could only smile but her skin is paler than usual. She clinged to Naeun and Yookyung.

“Maknae yah, are you okay?” Chorong ask in concern.

Eunkyung quickly nodded which hope that people won’t notice she is getting scared any minute.

“Are you perhaps scared of ghost house?” Bomi asked which one eyebrow raised. Namjoo giggle then high five Boomi.

“A-ani,”

Then as on cue, someone blow on her ear from behind. Frozen, she didn’t even squeal and only her jaw was hanging while Naeun and Yookyung scream.

“See I told you, she wouldn’t scream Doojoon,” Yoseob said casually.

“Oppa, you scared our maknae, she looks like she would faint anytime now,” Chorong scolded Yoseob.

“Sorry Eunkyung,” Yoseob pouted.

Eunkyung nodded in response.

“Are you okay?” A gentle voice rings near to her ear.

Again Eunkyung nodded but this time pink tinted her cheeks.

Doojoon smiled as he saw Eunkyung finally noticing him.

“Are you that free to join us oppa-deul?” Namjoo asked.

“Not really but Doojoon here-umph,” Yoseob couldn’t continue talking as Doojoon swiftly covered Yoseob mouth.

“We kinda get day off today and we heard you guys are getting a day off before your hectic training start as Apink so we decide to join you, right Yoseob,” Doojoon nudged Yoseob arms.

Yoseob looked confused for a while then suddenly he smirked. “Yeah of course Doojoon,”

“Really oppa, are you sure you weren’t here to see our maknae,” Namjoo teased and then Boomi high-fived her.

Again Eunkyung’s cheek is tinted with pink color. She grips to Yookyung tighter and unconsciously fixed her bangs to cover her eyes.

The group whistled and cat-called while Eunkyung and Doojoon shyly glanced at each other.

“Soooo, how are we going to enter this haunted house?”Yoseob asked.

“Uhm cant we all enter it all together?” Hayoung who has been the audience finally spoke up.

“Nope! It wouldn’t be fun,” Yoseob while popping the P on the end.

“Let’s do a rock-paper-scissor,”Bomi suggested.

They ended up in this pairing, Chorong with Hayoung, Naeun and Yookyung together with Yoseob, Boomi with Namjoo together then Eunkyung with Doojoon. Eunkyung glared at Namjoo, Yoseob and Bomi cuz she could swear they are planning this together. Eunkyung glad she is with Doojoon tho cuz only Doojoon could comfort her.

“But I want to go with Doojoon oppa too,” Hayoung whined.

Bomi, Namjoo and Yoseob quickly said No. Chorong quickly drag Hayoung so they could enter the haunted house as the first couple. Eunkyung didn’t missed the deadly glare that Hayoung directed to her. Eunkyung could only smile sadly.

All the members are indirectly supporting Doojoon and Eunkyung (though they are not really in official relationship) except Hayoung. Sometimes Eunkyung feel Hayoung wanted just the attention of being teased not Doojoon himself.

“Are you okay Eunkyung-ah?” Doojoon asked as they waited as they are last couple to go inside.

Eunkyung nodded weakly.

“Uhm truthfully I feel a bit scared tho. You know how jumpy I am in the dark,” Eunkyung spoke slowly.

“Hehe don’t worry. You got me,” Doojoon smile and ruffled her hair.

“Oppa, you know how I hate people messing my fringe,” Eunkyung gnawed her lower lips and then quickly fixed her fringe.

“You do, do you,” Doojoon said in teasing tone and messily run his finger through her fringes again.

“Oppa!”

Doojoon laugh heartedly and offered his hand. “Come on , we are up,”

Eunkyung shook her head and walk in first. Though she was scared but she is still annoyed with Doojoon. Then as soon as she enters the darker area, she stopped.

“D-doojoon oppa, where are you,”

“I’m right behind you Eunkyung,” Doojoon who was diligently following her from behind quickly goes to her side. He grabs Eunkyung shaking fingers and intertwines it.

“I’m here,”

Eunkyung nodded. And together they walk in hand to hand. Everytime a “ghost” appears in front of them Eunkyung didn’t scream, she just jumped nearer to Doojoon. She keeps jumping nearer too Doojoon to the point Doojoon’s arms is on around her shoulder. And every single time Doojoon patted her shoulder until she calmed down. Strangely those patting, keeps her not jumpy throughout walking in the haunted house.

“It’s okay, we are nearly exiting now. “Doojoon said in hushing tone.

Eunkyung nodded diligently. And only now she realized how dangerously close she is to Doojoon. Her head is rested against Doojoon chest and she could swear she hear Doojoon heartbeat beating rapidly.

“Oppa, why are your heartbeat racing quickly?”

“Uhmm well. I just , well here is the exit,” Doojoon evaded her question as he is too embarrassed to admit that this close proximity is making him nervous too.

“O-okey, uhm oppa. I think I kinda fine now. Uhm you can let go me,” Eunkyung said while tried to pry off her finger of his chest.

Doojoon smirked as he saw Eunkyung reacting. He’s glad that not only him feels nervous at this proximity. “Okay if you said so,” Slowly, he let go Eunkyung shoulder but casually intertwines his finger thru hers.

“Oppa~” Eunkyung whined cutely and fixed her fringes.

Flashback ends.

“Eunkyung wake up sleepyhead, we arrived at KBS for our next schedule,” Jaelyn said while nudging her shoulders gently.

If only she didn’t stay with Doojoon, she could have debuted with Apink.

If is a dangerous word as we could only imagine what we wish had happen but it never did. Sometimes it hinders you from moving on. Well Jang Eunkyung the least you could now is make yourself proud, make Wooyoung proud from helping you transferring from Cube to JYP  with ease. Jang Eunkyung hwaiting!