Face-Off

Wild Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myriam POV :

The time Of meeting Adam is nearing and I am starting to get nervous . I don't know what he wants from me  but this time will be different  Things won't go as he wants them to be  I'll make sure of that ......

For now , I have to focus on my work . Pushing the design studio 's door , the welcoming and habitual grounds made me feel calmer  At least when it comes to this , I'm not facing an unknown future or  a frightening past . This is solid rock . This is what I do best . I took couple of breathes and put on  a smile and started to work on my dress .

I've been working for several hours now when my hand-phone started vibrating . It was a message from the devil saying to meet him in two hours in the H hotel restaurant .Does he think i'm going to eat with him on the same table ?! Unbelievable !!!  What a jerk ! 

After finishing the last touches on the dress , I tried it on to see the complete work and I was pretty much satisfied with it . 

Things are going ok today . Meeting Hyo Shin in the morning and now finishing the dress boosted my energy and my calmness  I need every encouragement to face that devil today . 

I put the dress back to its place and closed the studio and headed home before the meeting . I need to change my clothes . Wearing something bright won't do . I need a strong color  

 

At 7 .pm , I was standing in front of the hotel . I keep telling myself that I don't need to fear him or fear anything that he would say . He has to be afraid of me after everything he has done to me in the past . 

" Fighting Myriam ' It's now or never . This is my chance to get over the past and let the wounds heal  . 

I went to the restaurant and gave Adam's name for the reservation and the waitress led me to the table . 

There he is . The moment he saw me , he gave me that cold smile , the one i saw the night I was with Hyo Shin . 

- You came ! he said . 

 I sat down and said :

- Why ?! Did you think I won't ?! I tried to sound as sarcastic and cold as much as I can . 

I think my attitude surprised him . Inside ; I was smiling ' Nice job Myriam this is a good start "

- So , can we order first then we will talk ? It's better to talk when we are full . It calms down the nerves . 

He called for the waitress and gave his orders and then he looked at me :

- What do you want to eat ?! 

Ha ! This is a first ! In the past , he never asked for my opinion he always ordered the same for both of us saying that it would be less trouble for me since we ate at chic restaurants and with my background i would know nothing about the food they serve in such places . Even though now that I think about it , it was not anything close to a consideration . He was looking down on me . 

I looked at the waitress and said :

- Just water please ! and turned to him and added , I'm not staying for long to be able to have dinner with you . I have more important things to do than sharing a meal with you . 

The hostility that showed through my answer made the waitress uncomfortable and i could see him clinching his fists .

 - That would be all , he said while giving the menu back to the waitress , Thank you . 

- So , as I said can you say what you want and let's us finish with this  ?!

- You seem very impatient to leave  Are you scared of me ?! 

I laughed and then said : 

- I just don't like wasting my time on meaningless stuff  and meaningless people .

The way he looked at me when I said or to be precise spit those words meant that I made him angry  I don't know if it's something good or bad right now but I still can read his mood changes easily  

-  Ok . Let's  not waste more of your precious time  The reason I wanted to meet you is to tell you that you dad's health is deteriorating  So , you need to do go back with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter