Glorious Triumph

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

Rainoric sharpened his sword dubbly named "Ulfberht" by a whetstone he always carry around with him. "Ulfberht" is a 36 inch 1-handed sword made from the highest quality of Gimaelic steel and can be enhanced with weaponized dust to slice through the seemingly inpenetrable of armors.

"Alright Ulrich, listen to me and Wulfgar, when we fight. We need to be ready for whatever beast, adversary, hellspawn or enemy that Emperor Galerian decides to bring up. Dont go berserk to early." Rainoric pep talked to Ulrich.

"Mrrraaaggghh!!!!" Ulrich nods in affirmation as he inhaled berserker mushrooms.

"If we are going to fight anything taller than me, stay behind me." Wulfgar added

"Team Gimael? Your needed at the trapdoor now!" a stadium staff member interrupted.

The Gedriht of Wulfgar, Osgar, Ulrich and Rainoric stood up and walked to their entrance in the Arena Pugnatores (Arena of fighters).

The giant arena can house about 120000 spectators at full capacity and since today is the Harvest games, it's filled to the brim with people from all races, genders, classes, political affiliations and etc. Rainoric and his best friend Ulrich had a dash of stage fright. None of them have ever seen this many people in one place staring at them before. In Gimael Rainoric would usually spend most of his time either in "the Drunken Raider" Tavern or at his Castle overlooking Guaita.

The 4 friends soon had their feet on the ramp that would rise them up to the ground where all the action happens in the arena.

"Lets fight with honor lads! My spear is itching to stab something or someone!" Osgar yelled pumping himself up for a fight.

The ramp's mechanism soon activated making the floor rise up. The Gedriht looked up to the ceiling as a door opened and light entered blindingly to their eyes.

When the 2 humans of the Gedriht who had eyes that can actually feel pain opened their eyes. The sound that greeted their ears was a deafaning roar of a hundred thousand civillians cheering or jeerin at them. They observed their surroudings and noticed that the ground was just sand and they were right in the middle of the Arena. Then at the box where the Emperor sits, the Stadium's announcer spoke.

"Aurigan's and fellow citizens of Ghoghthal! We now arrive to the Main event! Gimealic Steel vs the Dreaded and most vile of all creatures of this universe! We have in Team Gimael!, Osgar "God Spear' Daguth the Master Spearman, Wulfgar "The Tower", Ulrich "The Young Wolf" Langobard and the Son of Gewis Eadwulf himself coming out of his castle for the first time in a millenia, Rainoric Eadwulf." the announcer shouted to the crowd.

The Gedriht then looked at the other side of the arena where a gate opened up. Monsters of various shapes and sizes sprang up from the darkness and charged towards them. (Just tthink of the ugliest feral creatures you can think of im letting your ima

"Whoever kills the most monsters gets toasted in the Feasting hall later!" Rainoric says

The Gedriht then shouted the Gimaelic Battle cry "Te Heta Hada WODDAAAA!!!!!"

-------------------------------------

About a Kilometer away from Ghogthal's Gates

"AAAAHHHHH!!!!! Aurigan Soil!" Lethuc happily expressed, he mad prostate himself on the ground and kissed it with his own lips. After being gone for about a month and a half, he and his Sebharrian warriors are now anxious to reap the rewards of their recent conquests by eating the food, selling or keeping the material goods or putting the new slaves to work. But today is the Harvest games, where all of Auriga gather to Ghoghthal to celebrate this year's crop harvest.

"Come on! Lets unnload the cargo so we can present it to our 'Beloved' Emperor." Gizzur interrupted while grabbing Lethuc by the arm and forcing him to stand up.

Meanwhile inside the ship....

Sakura head was fazed up really bad! She was for one minute singing on a stage in Akihabara infront of fans. The next Alien Vikings from another galaxy marched in and started killing everyone and looting the shops. She opened her eyes and saw a blurry and still coming into focus image of 2 of her fellow AKB sisters (with one of their brothers) Haruka and Minami.

"She's awake!" Hayato squealed

"Sakura-Tan! You were in a coma for an entire week!" Takamina said as she gave a dried up biscuit for Sakura to eat and a cup of water.

"The Soldier's were kind enough to give us some of their food. They say its called Bucella. Its basically bread from this planet." Paruru added

Planet? Coma? A week? She was captured and now taken by the people who just recently razed Tokyo?

"What do you think they will do to us?" Sakura asked weakly

"Most likely slaves. But if we act like we are family. We might be sold together." Paruru replied

Just then a voice that sounded like its in the tongue of Auriga shouted

"Get the Cargo out! And bring the Slaves out to and chain them up! Were doing the Triumph March in a few minutes!"

The door to their cell was unlocked and a guard approached and gestured them to move out and go outside. The AKB girls and 1 boy complied in fear. They stood up and walked outside. The 4 Earth Humans saw many more captured humans being marched outside to the landing ramp on the spaceship. When they arrived outside, they were immediately chained lock to each other and a strange dragon like person (Drakken) began speaking in Japanese and English.

"When I lift this flag you will begin to march and you will not stop until I say so! And dont even think of trying to run away!" He said

After all of the captives were locked in chains. The Drakken lifted the flag prompting the prisoners to begin following a cart carrying several of the Sack of Tokyo's Raid leaders riding in.

 

At the Cart.

Gewis gave himself a smile figuratively if he isnt a Broken Lord, He now has a Triumph March through Ghoghtal and now the Aurigan's are now seeing Gimael as a Military Hero and a provider of great exotic wealth and not a pariah folk whose only passion is to sack and fight anything and anyone it sees.

"Here Ye! Here Ye! Make way for the Heroes of Gimael! Who just conquered the Kingdom of Japan and now shares its treasures to you dear citizen's of Auriga!" A drakken heralded.

Behind the Carriage were some of the loot that Gewis had taken from the raid in Tokyo. He is supposed to give some of the loot to the festival goers, another part to his men, the emperor and the rest will go to him. The prisoners were also paraded around the city with some of the citizens of Ghogthal were jeering, taunting and throwing foodstuff at them.

"Gimaelic Steel!" says a Gimaelic who came to the festival, he proceded to punch one of the captured soldiers from Japan in the face as a mark of Dominance.

"Hey save the punching for the Pugnatores in the Arena!" Lethuc objected but his voice was drowned by the various booing and jeering from the crowd.

(At the Prisoner lines)

"So this is what is liked to be booed at..." Sakura said

"Yes, even Anti's wouldnt even dare shout 'Boo' in a concert." Takamina commented

"But we arent holding one." Paruru added while dodging variou fruits being thrown at her face while also covering Hayato shielding him like what a good big sister should.

------------------------------------------

Back at the Arena....

Rainoric decapitated another monster with 'Ulfberht' and shouted "Ten!"

The bet to who gets toasted during the feast was on for Rainoric, Wulfgar, Osgar and Ulrich as they cut, stabbed, punched, hacked their way through hordes of monsters at the viewing pleasure for the citizens of the Aurigan Empire.

Osgar threw his black painted spear with gold designs at another monster and said "Twelve! Better catch up children!"

"I aint a little boy anymore RRRAAAAGGGHH!!!!!" Ulrich objected while plunging his blade to the heart of another monster.

"Stop calling me a child im 1500 years old!" Rainoric added

The fighting continued on as the roar of the crowd became more jubilant and fanatic for every kill that the Gimaelics made.

As the fight reached its , the 4 warrior friends both slew their targets at the same time which those monsters were the last of and turned around to face their peers and they all shouted....

"Fifteen!" They reacted with surprised looks on them and was now a pretty awkward moment for our 4 friends.

"Liar!" Ulrich said pointing his finger to Osgar

"May I tell you son of Lethuc Im the most trusted bodyguard of the Eadwulf's!" Osgar argued

"Wait I thought im the most trusted bodyguard! My title even says 'The Huscarl'!" Wulfgar shouted

"Most trusted Yaman-in* Bodyguard!" Osgar reasoned

"I killed the ugliest and most vile of the monsters I get credit!" Rainoric argued back

As the Gedriht argued on who should get toasted on the feast, their audience were throwing gold, pieces of bread, flowers and pieces of silk were being thrown at them. The 4 friends soon noticed that they were all being equally praise for their fighting prowess. They soaked up the glory and Wulfgar said

"Lets call it a draw!"

"Draw!" Rainoric replied

"Agreed!" Osgar said

"Mrraaagggghhh!!!" Ulrich nodded.

But their glory moment was cut short when a trumpet was heard and the announcer stepped out into the open, the crowd immediately stopped their cheering to listen to him.

"Returning from their expedition from the planet Earth. High King Gewis of Gimael and his vassal Letuc 'the Great Wolf' Langobardi. They present the spoils of war to you, Emperor Galerian." he announced

Rainoric's father, High King Gewis rode into the stadium through a gate on a horse-driven carriage which also contained Gizzur and Lethuc riding inside too. Following him was several more carriages containing loots of gold, jewelry, statues, exotic animals, important looking prisoners and food. Following the carts were a line of prisoners-of-war Gewis waved a greeting of hello to his son as he stepped off of the carriage and bowed before the Emperor.

"We Gimaelics have sacked a large city of Earth and we present a share of the spoils of war to you your Imperial Majesty."

Emperor Galerian looked over the loot, in his eyes he saw the carriages of treasure and was flattered by such abundance of treasure.

"You have pleased me Gimaelic, for that in my everlasting generosity, I shall grant you 1 favor that with the power of God shall grant. Name your reward." Galerian said in a royal accent.

"Food...... Prices....Down.......for everyone!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!" Gewis replied in a proud stature

Galerian and the Ghoghthal Senate* recoiled, A flattering gift in exchange for affordable food. Did Gewis intentionally raided a foreign planet at the risk of his reputation as a Warlord who never suffered defeat before, and a possible Conflict with the unknown Earth Humans just to free the hoards of food that the Ghoghthal's hoarded? (This plot will be discussed as the story goes on) Galerian soon regained his composure and with a reluctant look he shouts

"I shall do it."

The crowd in the Arena cheered loudly

"Long Live the Emperor's Generosity to his People! Long Live Gewis of Guaita! Vanquisher and Subjugator of Earth!"

Rainoric walked to his father and hugged his father while Ulrich, Osgar and Wulfgar followed him and then bowed to their High King.

"You missed the fight! But I got the loudest applause!" Rainoric greeted his Father

"But not (miss) the feast! Oh yeah! I bought some presents from Earth I'll show to them." Gewis replied, he stepped back and had his hand point to a pile of loot and a group of slaves were kneeling down next to it.

Rainoric first observed the loot:

A plastic Marlin replica wall decor

A sack of Coffee

Some DVD's (which were most likely taken to be wall decor)

A carpet

A pelt of a 'Sun' bear

and a Model Katana

 

"The Animal things isnt really an animal my boy, but the man I took it from says its just something to put on your wall, the beast looks like a Sea King* from Vanoran.*" Gewis commented

Rainoric walked passed the presents he received from his father and observed his new slaves.

4 Earth Humans, 3 females and a little boy, quite a lot for 1 raid.....

 

(Sakura's POV)

(Reference to Rainoric's Appearance when Sakura met Rainoric. Credits: Radious Units Mod, Saxon Noble Swordsmen)

Sakura looked at the tall man walking towards her, Paruru, Hiyato and Takamina. He wore a full-faced helmet with gold designs highlighting the lines and borders of his . He wore a black coat with padded segments adorned with metal studs. He also wore an un-hooded bear pelt vest. The large warrior man stared at  the young cherry blossom with the empty eye sockets of his helmet.  Sakura stared back at the warrior with her trademark eyes, only she wasnt trying to look pretty on a camera, or Kawaii to a fan, she had the eyes of fear. A couple of drops of tears fell down her 16-year old cheeks, she was scared of what the man will do to them.

"Hmm.... Just met her new masterand she is already in tears! But not of Joy!" the warrior says

"Rainoric! Be polite! Say your name like a normal person." A man who carries a spear said next to Rainoric

"Ok Osgar!..... MHPMH ..... MHPH.... MHPH..... Hello, Im your new master, Rainoric Eadwulf, son of High King Gewis and future warlord of Gimael and your name?" Rainoric asked

"Sssss.... Saaakkk..... Sakura...." Sakura fearfully said

"Haruka......and the little boy is my brother....." Paruru said next

"Hayato.... Rainori-san....." Hayato added

"Minami, but my friends call me Takamina." Minami said

(End Sakura POV)

Rainoric proudly stood by to his new servants and walked over to his dad.

"Come on father, the Emperor is waiting and I want to hear everything you did back on Earth!" Rainoric excitedly said

"So many things, bright lights, white grain, tall trees and a really tall one but it had no leaves*! Guards! Take our loot to the carriages and after my souvenirs are secured. You may enjoy the rest of the festival." Gewis said

A group of Gimaelic warriors began to pick up Gewis' loot and escorted Sakura, Paruru, Takamina and Hayato to their new life in Auriga. Their adventures will take them to snowy tundra's, sunny coves, scorching deserts, ever-green forests and large citie's with stories to tell.

 

(Thank you for all who read my work so far ;) )

 

 

 

Sea King*: A giant Whale-size sword fish which can control very hostile merfolks (The Gedriht will hunt this monster down for Rainoric's rite of passage on later chapters)

Vanoran*: A southwest region in Auriga's southern Hemisphere where fertile farmlands and many fishing villages exist in. Birth place of the Bucella biscuit.

Yamanin*: (IRL: Barbarian in Korean) referring to a non-Broken Lord.