Safe

Protect the Princess {Placed on Hold, I guess, since I won't be touching this story for awhile}

We've been walking for quite some time. My legs started to ache, but I forced my legs to continue. We were walking through a dense forest with little to no sunlight filtering through the trees.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Somewhere safe." replied Namjoon.

"That doesn't answer my question." I said.

"That's all you need to know for now." he replied.

Did he really have to be cold towards me? 

"Sorry about him." said Seokjin.

"It's alright, I guess." I said. 

"He's just under pressure with the mission of keeping you safe." he said.

"Then why can't he just answer a simple question?" I asked.

"Well that question can't really be answered because there's no definite place." he replied.

"Does this mean that we have to keep moving?" I asked.

He nodded. I sighed,  but I continued onwards. The silence of the forest terrifies me. No forest is this silent, there's atleast the chirping of birds. Well I actaully wouldn't know since I've never been outside the kingdom. My father, the king, has always been overprotective of me for some odd reason. I always had to beg for his permission just to go out the castle, but under one condition that guards were with me. As I grew older, he sent atleast one of his special warriors. I always hated being treated like a little girl, but now I can see that it was only to protect me. The sudden realization hit me when our kingdom fell.  Father, please forgive me. I was walking silently when Namjoon signaled for us to stop. 

"We'll be resting here for tonight." he said,"now princess, who do you choose to stay with while the others go out to survey the area?"

All eyes went on me as I was given the option. Seokjin has been the kindest towards me while I was with them. Namjoon is strong, but he acts so cold towards me, and I have no opinion on the others, so I should choose Seokjin.

"I-I choose Seokjin." I said nervously. 

"You heard her, now let's go scout out the area!" barked Namjoon.

The others nodded as Seokjin faced me. He held my hand in his.

"Your father will be safe." he said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I can tell how much you love him, but he had to stay behind." he replied.

"Why him and not me?" I asked.

"It was all for you and for the good of the kingdom." he said.

"But-"

"You'll understand soon enough." 

He walked me over towards a log for me to sit on. As I sat, I stared at the foliage in front of us. The silence was creepy, but alluring. I unconsciously moved closer towards Seokjin, and felt my eyes flutter until everything went black.

 

I felt a hand shake my shoulder.

"Princess, get up." said a voice.

It was Seokjin.

My eyes open slowly open to be faced with everyone. 

"We have to keep moving." said Namjoon.

"Alright." I replied.

"If you're still tired, I could carry you." offered Seokjin.

"No, I wouldn't want to trouble you." I said.

"No I don't mind." he said.

He securely held me in his arms as I started to drift off to sleep again.