Human Protector?

Rise of the Blood

 

**This is a long chapter. I couldn't cut it. Sorry, My Dears. :)

 

 

Definition of Terms:

Shifter- A creature who can posses human physical appearance but can shift/ change into an animal form. Sometimes, their human appearance is not perfect though. Some bull shifters have horns left even when they are in their human forms. They are physically strong or weak depending on the kind of animal they can shift/ change into.

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Sulli couldn’t get any more frustrated than she already is.

Entering Davidar was a very rigorous and strict process, the exams are brain-squeezing. There were also exams on basic herbs where you have to distinguish leaves and roots that were placed on a table. There were a hundred on the table when Sulli took the exam. You have to name at least 80 correctly. There were basic exam on physical strength. Sulli got her lowest score in that particular exam, but she made it through somehow.

And yet…

Even if she passed the same exams other Davidar students passed, they treat her and Bomi like they’re both inferior and thrash! These creatures think that humans will pull them down. That their chance of getting good professors will diminish if a human is in their class. That is why Sulli and Bomi are now standing in front of an Administrative Secretary and on the brick of arguing.

This Secretary… is no different from the students.

“I told you. It was all posted on the boards. If you don’t see your names there, then maybe you don’t have a class scheduled yet.” Said the Secretary, his brows are as high as his sculp.

“Sir, We heard the other students talking  about it. They cleared our name from the boards.” Said Sulli.

“Now why will they do that?” asked the secretary. “What did you do to them that they’d be so angry as to erase your names?

“We didn’t do anything.” Said Bomi. “We don’t know them and they don’t know us.”

“Why will they bother to do such a thing to strangers like you then?” asked the secretary.

“It’s because…” Bomi looked away biting her lip in fear.

“We’re humans.” Said Sulli. “They did that to us because we are humans.”

The secretary was silent for a moment as he nodded.

“Well then, I can’t do anything about that. I can’t suddenly turn you into another creature right? I am not a sorcerer. Even the head will not be enough to turn you into a shifter right?” said the secretary.

This secretary has no ounce of sympathy.  He is in essence, putting more salt on the wound.

“Sir.” Said Sulli. “I know there is nothing you can do to help us make them accept our presence in this School. But there is something you can do to help us know which class we are in.”

Sulli took a deep breath as she tried to calm her already raging chest.

“Sir, Bomi and I took the entrance exam seriously. We prepared for it and passed it. We also had to go through the same practical exams and physical exams the other creatures took. We passed it just as they have passed it. Physically, it maybe true that we are weaker… but that doesn’t mean we do not deserve a place here in Davidar. Davidar invited us and accepted as us students. We just ask that it be honored by giving us our class schedules please.” Said Sulli.

The secretary looked angered by Sulli’s words.

Bomi pulled Sulli’s arm.

Sulli closed her eyes. She’s going to lose it.

Bear it.

 No. I can’t…. anymore…

“Is it a difficult task?” said a voice of a man behind Sulli and Bomi. It was a deep and masculine voice with authority.

Sulli’s eyes opened. And when she turned to see who spoke, her heart skipped a beat.

Behind them stood the Dragon Knights of Davidar! The three of them in their stunning presence!

“Martin.” Said the Blonde one at the middle, the one who once made Sulli’s heart accelerate with just a glance.

His voice… He was the one who spoke!

“Sir Knights!” said the secretary. “What a pleasure to see you three. What can I do for you?”

The Blonde Knight took a moment to answer.

“I think you should finish the task with these young Ladies first.” Said Minho. “They asked for your help first.”

Gentleman. He’s a gentleman. But of course, they are Knights! They are known for their chivalry.

“Oh yes, yes. But Sirs, these girls are leaving.” Said the secretary.

Sulli’s brows closed in. The secretary is shooing them away.

Minho turned to look at Sulli and Bomi.

Bomi’s hand froze on Sulli’s arm. She looked stunned.

Sulli felt it was hard to breathe. Why… is this Knight so powerful? Does he have a power using his eyes? How can he do that to her with just simple glances?

“I don’t think they already got what they came here for.” Said Minho.

Martin looked uncomfortable.

Donghae bit his lip to keep himself from chuckling.

“Why is that?” asked Minho. “Let me ask my question again. Martin, the task they are asking of you, is it a difficult task?”

“Oh… that task…” Martin’s forehead started to shine with sweat.

JoongKi sighed.

“You have been secretary of the administrative office for a very long time, Martin. I am sure there is no task that is too difficult for you.” said JoongKi.

Smooth, this Knight is smooth with his words. The art of persuasion is not in Sulli’s tongue but it sure is with this Purple Hair Knight.

“Yes… of course.” Said the secretary. “I was actually going to give them the schedules. That is why I said they’re already leaving. Ummm… it’s just a very easy task… ummm just give me a second.”

Martin went inside another door.

Sulli could not believe it! With just a few words, the Knights made Martin do what they were asking him to do the past hour!

Bomi pulled Sulli’s arm.

“Sulli, we have to thank them.” Whispered Bomi.

That is right.

But as soon as Sulli was about to say something, felt too dry. These Knights might be perfect and wonderful… but they are also very intimidating. They looked so authoritative that it’s hard to even thank them.

Sulli tried to muster some courage. She cleared and clenched her hands.

“Umm… thank you… Sir Knights… for helping us.” Said Sulli, the words came out of clenched teeth.

Donghae, the Red hair Knight, smiled.

“Of course. We are Knights. It’s a pleasure to be of help.” Said Donghae.

Minho took a step forward. It made Sulli take a step back.

Minho looked at Sulli for an excruciatingly breathless moment.

“Davidar is not an easy place to stay.” Said Minho. “ It is extremely difficult even for a strong animal shifter like Lions. Faeries who are gifted with spiritual powers even fail in year-end exams. There are sorcerers who don’t even get to Phalemon year.”

Bomi gasped.

 “That is why you cannot be overcome by sudden surge of emotions. Sometimes, a cool head can make a complicated situation into a simple one.” Said Minho. “Sometimes a simple smile and a humble plea can move a mountain.”

JoongKi and Donghae exchanged a look, both their eyes narrowing.

“Here in Davidar, you can only depend on yourself for protection.” Said Minho.

Sulli felt something in her chest. This Knight… his words are so powerful and impactful that it makes Sulli want to hear more from him… want to know more of what he has to say.

“Here it is!” Martin went back to the room holding several pieces of parchment, his smile is beaming as if proud of what he had just done.

Martin broke the moment. Sulli wanted more… the Blonde Knight’s words… his voice… she wants to hear more from him.

Martin handed the parchment to Sulli. But Sulli had no reaction. Bomi stepped on Sulli’s foot to wake her up.

“Hey.” Whispered Bomi.

“Yes!” Sulli almost shouted. “Umm…yes. Umm… thank you… for this schedule Sir Martin. You… just don’t know how much this means to us. You really are as what the Sir Knights said. You’re very capable.”

Martin’s smile went up to his ears.

Bomi’s brow went up at Sulli’s sudden change of tone. It’s as if she wasn’t angry just a few minutes ago.

“Here.” Martin handed small box. “Open it.”

Sulli opened the box clumsily, the cover fell on the floor and she had to hastily pick it up.

“What…are these?” asked Sulli.

Sulli held what look like blue cloths.

“Blue Robes.” Said Bomi.

“Minoshaws wear blue robes all year round. Phalemons wear white while Blazires wear black. It’s sort of an identifier. Professors wear a gold sash.” Said Martin.

Sulli turned to look at the Dragon Knights and indeed they wore gold sashes, in different ways.

“The robes were supposed to be given during your first class by your first Professor today. But since you weren’t able to attend your first class, I am giving the robes to you now.” Said Martin

Bomi smiled looking like she might cry.

“Thank you.” Said Sulli.

Sulli took a deep breath.

“Ummm well then.” Said Sulli. “We need to go and check our classes.”

Sulli and Bomi head towards the door. But Sulli stopped when she was directly beside Minho.

“I wish there are more people like you here in Davidar, Sir. I wish there would be more people who understands us and who listens to us. We are only human but we are part of Davidar too.” Said Sulli. “If there are more people like you here, then Davidar would be a more likeable place.”

Sulli took a step forward but she was halted.

“Those words.” Said Minho. “is what I was exactly warning you about.”

Sulli turned back, her eyes showed confusion.

Minho faced Sulli.

Sulli almost forgot her name.

“You cannot be overcome by sudden emotion.” Said Minho. “A thank you is more than enough to show gratitude.”

JoongKi couldn’t stop himself from smirking.

Donghae covered his mouth with his fist to fight the urge to chuckle.

“Thank you Sir Knights.” Said Bomi and then she pulled Sulli out of the office.

Bomi pulled Sulli away with her, Bomi was almost running as she did. And when she thought they were a hallway away, they stopped. Both of them catching their breath.

Bomi sighed when she could already breathe normally.

“Sulli… how can you do that to yourself?” asked Bomi.

“Huh?”

What did she do? Did she do anything wrong?

“Huh? You don’t know what you did in there?” asked Bomi.

“What?”

Bomi hit her head lightly in frustration.

“Sulli… how can you be so clueless!” said Bomi. “You have a lot of bravery and courage in you to talk to people and fight for our HUMAN rights. But you have no idea about social etiquettes!”

“Huh? What does this have anything to do with being a socializing?” asked Sulli.

“Did you see how you looked like in that room? You looked… startled and…and…. Pardon my word but you looked…. Mesmerized!” said Bomi. “You were even not yourself for a moment.”

“Isn’t that to be expected? Everyone gets mesmerized by them right? They… The Knights of Davidar, have that power…isn’t it?” asked Sulli.

“Yes, they are amazing. But Sulli… You did not stop at just looking awed. You even went to the Sir Knight to say things that are too…emotional to share with a PROFESSOR who you are not even close with!” said Bomi.

Sulli stopped to think for a while…

Wait a minute…

“Those words is what I was exactly warning you about. You cannot be overcome by sudden emotion. A thank you is more than enough to show gratitude.”

Wait….

Oh no… What did she tell him again?

I wish there are more people like you here in Davidar, Sir.

Oh no.

I wish there would be more people who understands us and who listens to us. We are only human but we are part of Davidar too.

Yes… that’s a bit emotional.

If there are more people like you here, then Davidar would be a more likeable place.

Boom!

Sulli wanted to erase the memory from her head.

Bomi is right!

It was a really weird and awkward thing to say to a Professor! A Professor she just met! And she said that with just a little help from them.

This is so embarrassing.

Sulli hid her face on her palms.

“Yes, now you realize, huh?” said Bomi.

“I think I’m pretty slow with this kind of things. I was never sociable. I lived my whole life in the forest with my Aunt… I have no idea I was saying something embarrassing.” Said Sulli.

Bomi giggled.

Sulli lowered her hand and saw Bomi laughing at her.

“Please don’t aggravate the situation. I am already feeling bad as it is.” Said Sulli.

Bomi tried to stop laughing but failed a couple times.

“Well then… you just have to keep me beside you. So that I can save you from those kinds of moments.” said Bomi.

“Yeah, just like how you saved me in there by pulling me away. Thanks.” Said Sulli. “I would have made more mistakes if you didn’t.”

Bomi hooked her arm around Sulli’s.

“It’s nothing.” Said Bomi. “I like that you can depend on me on something.”

---------------------

Sulli and Bomi wore their blue Robes when they entered the dinning hall.  It was very noisy, everyone is talking at the same time, obviously taking advantage of the little break they have in between their classes.

Sulli and Bomi missed their first class but they can still make it to their second class.

“Wearing this sure feels a bit different.” Said Bomi, referring to the blue robe. “It’s like I feel like there’s a sense of belongingness.”

Sulli looked around and saw everyone wearing robes. This time, it is less obvious that they are human since everyone is wearing the same thing.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

Sulli and Bomi sat next to each other.

“Our next class is the Self Defense class with Professor Art.” Said Sulli.

“Yeah, I heard he’s human.” Said Bomi.

“We have to prepare our hearts then. The others will surely take his class against us.” Said Sulli.

But this time, Sulli will try to control herself more.

Bomi nodded.

Sulli turned to her left and saw someone familiar.

“Oh.”

“Huh?”

“That guy over there, the one with golden brown hair.” Said Sulli.

“The one wearing black robe?” asked Bomi.

“Yes. He was with me in the boat going to Davidar.” Said Sulli. “So he’s a Blazire. That explains why he knows so much about Davidar.”

“They’d only be here for a month. After they have reviewed everything they learned from Davidar during that one month, they will go into missions outside Davidar. They will be subjected to missions after missions. They will only come back to Davidar towards the end of the year.” Said Bomi.

What Bomi said was in the manual. It’s obvious that Bomi also read it over and over.

“Hey!” Suddenly the golden hair guy appeared beside Sulli. “You. You were with me on the same boat right?”

Sulli nodded.

“Hi. Blue robe. You’re a Minoshaw. That’s why you looked new to me.” Said the guy. “I’m Yonghwa. And you are?”

“Sulli.”

“Oh, what a nice name.” said Yonghwa.

“Hi, I’m Bomi.” Bomi’s smile was more than the usual.

“Oh, you’re Sulli’s friend?” asked Yonghwa.

Bomi nodded.

“It’s nice to meet both of you. It’s the first day of class. I’m pumped. This year will be exciting.” Said Yonghwa.

And then suddenly, the entire dinning hall became silent.

Sulli and Bomi turned towards the door and saw four women wearing white robes. They walked majestically like angels who just landed on earth. They are so beautiful that it made everyone in the room in awe.

“Who… are they?” whispered Sulli.

“Lotus Circle.” Answered Yonghwa.

“Lotus… Circle?”

What does that mean?

The Lotus Circle walked towards the center of the hall. The woman who was in front was the most beautiful of the four. She looked so regal.

“Is Mr. Yonghwa here?” she asked, her voice was loud but pleasing.

Sulli’s eyes widened as she turned to look at Yonghwa.

“You?” whispered Sulli.

Yonghwa sighed.

“What do you need, Hara?” asked Yonghwa, his voice was loud too. Yonghwa walked to the center to stand in front of Hara.

And Wow…

Sulli could not believe that the gentle image of Yonghwa could turn into something else. All of a sudden, Yonghwa looked confident, cold and a bit snobbish…may be a bit authoritative. It is far from Yonghwa’s friendly image.

“Mr. Yonghwa.” Said Hara. “I have come here to formally thank you for letting me lead the student council this year.”

“Of course.” Said Yonghwa. “Blazires are going out of Davidar. A Phalemon has to lead the students. And among the Phalemons, you have the widest circle of influence. It is my hope that you would continue the work that my group has done the past year.”

“Of course. The Lotus Circle will make sure that everything will be as it should.” Said Hara.

Yonghwa was… the student Council Leader?

“Very well then. We’ll take our leave.” Hara gave her bright smile and then left the room with the Lotus Circle behind her.

Yonghwa went back to Sulli and Bomi, the noise of the room started again.

“Wow.” Said Bomi.

“Yeah.” Said Yonghwa. “Hara and her Lotus Circle is something else. They are extremely powerful Phalemons. They are talented and skillful and their families are also very influential. Sometimes, they can even influence the Professors. That’s how scary they can be. I don’t know what will happen to Davidar with her leadership… but there is no one else I can trust.”

Yonghwa sighed.

“If I don’t give Hara the position, she’ll make sure she’ll still get the position somehow. And I don’t even want to imagine how she’ll do it.” Said Yonghwa.

“I did not say Wow because of Hara. I said Wow because I did not expect that you were student council president.” Said Bomi.

“Oh that.” Said Yonghwa. “It just happened. Haha. It’s no big deal.”

Yonghwa scratched his head. He looked shy all of a sudden.

Sulli smiled.

“Well then, you two need to hurry. The class starts in a minute.” Said Yonghwa.

“All right.” Said Bomi.

“Who’s your next Professor?” asked Yonghwa

“Professor Art.” Said Sulli.

“Art? Hmm… That’s weird. I heard he took a leave this year.” Said Yonghwa.

“Huh?”

“Well anyway, I’m sure the head already sorted it out.” Said Yonghwa. “Good Luck on your next class.”

-------------------------                                                                                                       

 The classroom was bigger than Sulli had expected. It was so spacious that it made Sulli felt intimidated. There were only less than twenty students in the class. Why would they need such a space?

“Humans.”

Sulli heard the person behind her say. It was one of the female students who had that pink flaring hair.

“Self Defense class is supposed to be a rigorous training to make sure we can defend ourselves in case of danger. If we don’t have a good basic class on this subject, we’re bound to die in the face of wolves.” Said the pink haired girl.

Sulli knew exactly where this is heading.

“Now we get a human professor on this subject because of you, humans… I’m going to hunt you if I fail Davidar.” The threat was given with anger.

Sulli clenched her hand as she tried not to get carried away. She tried not to retort and kept silent. Bomi was surprised. Sulli seemed to be controlling herself.

Bomi smiled.

“I’m glad you’re trying to look ok.” Said Bomi.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

“What are you whispering about? Are you intentionally angering us?” asked the other student.

Bomi shook her head.

“Angering anyone is the last thing we want to do in Davidar.” Said Bomi. “We apologize if it bothered you.”

“We don’t need you humans in this class. You are going to cause all of us failure!” said another student.

Sulli bit her lip as she struggled for control. But she can’t just keep quiet and accept all the blame.

“We will try not to get in your way.” Said Sulli.

“You are already in our way by staying in this class.” Said the student.

The door opened and everyone was surprised to see who came in.

Sulli felt her heart started to beat fast.

It’s the blonde hair Dagon Knight!

What is he doing here?

Minho stood at the middle of the stage in front of the classroom. All attention was on him. He looked so stunning, everyone was speechless.

“Is everyone here?” he asked, his voice was deep and modulated… there is no other way but to listen to him.

“Good.” He said. “I am Minho, I am Davidar’s Professor on Weapons. I am also a Dragon Knight sent to Davidar to share our knowledge with you. I am going to be your professor in this class, Self Defense.”

Everyone gasped. Is it true? A Dragon Knight is going to be their professor on the self-defense class?

“Your Professor, Professor Art is on leave. He will not be able to teach this class for a while. I am here as your substitute Professor.” Said Minho.

“I wish he never comes back.” whispered a male student.

“I forbid that kind of talk in my class.” said Minho.

Minho looked at the student directly.

“That is the last time you’d say something as bad if you want to stay in my class.” Said Minho.

Everyone was confused. What did the student say? They did not hear a thing!

The student looked guilty.

“But if you can’t stay away from talking rubbish, then you have to plea with the administrative office to give you another class.” Said Minho, his voice had a threat.

Everyone went silent.

The student looked close to crying despite being a man.

“I’m sorry, Sir.” Said the student.

Minho stared at the student for a nerve wracking moment.

“Apology accepted.” Said Minho.

The student looked relieved.

“I have rules in my class.” Said Minho.  “And I want them to be enforced at all time. Your Professor is a Knight and Knights lived our entire lives following rules of the Palace. That is why, you have to follow my rules as students of my class. ”

Everyone nodded. Everyone looked attentive and eager to learn.

They have one of the best Professors of Davidar in front of them! The ever so handsome Blonde Knight was actually talking to them and teaching them!

“First, discipline is key. If you ever get late in my class, you’d get a punishment. Three times of tardiness means you are no longer interested in joining my class.” Said Minho. “Second, Focus is necessary. When in my class, there is no unnecessary chitchats about other things. Reserve them for your breaks. Focus on the lesson of the day.”

Everyone nodded, some even took notes.

“Third, Preparation is essential. Your lessons follow a schedule. You have the list of lessons with you. Read in advance and make sure you come to this class prepared. Fourth…”

Minho looked around the class and stopped at Sulli.

Sulli gulped.

“You will be taught using a very physically demanding method. Self Defense can’t be learned by just reading books. You have to learn it by applying it. Thus, you will practice hard with whoever partner I will assign you. Our exams will also be physically challenging. There is no exception here. Everyone…and I mean everyone…will have to go through the same kind of training. That is why my fourth rule is…No Excuses.” Said Minho.

Some of the student’s eyes automatically went to Sulli and Bomi.

“What is there to do, Sir Knight? We have humans in this class.” Said the pink hair student.

Bomi held Sulli’s arm.

“I said there will be no exceptions. They are enrolled in this class as students. They will not receive any special treatment. If they can’t keep along with the class, then they can quit anytime.” Said Minho. “They will not pull the class down just because they can’t keep up.”

“And what if they stay in the class even when they’re slowing the class down?” asked another student

Bomi tightened her hold on Sulli’s arm.

“Then I will fail them in my class. I will kick them out.” Said Minho. “Just as I can kick anyone of you out.”

Sulli could see the seriousness in Minho’s eyes. And then slowly, the acceleration of her heart because of admiration for this man changed. It slowly started tightening as anger replaced admiration.

 Sulli can’t believe it. Why is Sir Minho saying this?

Sulli had thought he is the protector of the weak. He is a Knight right? And he did help and protect them in the Administrative office earlier. Why is he suddenly talking as if threatening them?

Sulli felt a something painfully bitter in her chest. It made her clench her jaw and hands on her side.

“Now, let’s proceed to the first lesson.” Said Minho.

---------------------------

Minho went out of the classroom. The class was normal. There were enthusiastic students. But Minho very well knows that as the lessons get harder, the students will definitely start to be less enthusiastic. And only the strong-willed ones will make it through to Phalemon.

For this year though… it’s a bit different.

It’s his first time to teach a class that has a human student.

“I wish there are more people like you here in Davidar, Sir. I wish there would be more people who understands us and who listens to us. If there are more people like you here, then Davidar would be a more likeable place.”

Minho smirked as he slowly shook his head.

The girl easily gets carried away by emotions. She’s easily provoked to anger and she easily gets touched by simple gestures. For a Knight like him, intimidating Martin into helping them was no sweat at all. It was very minimal effort. But the human girl apparently took it deeply.

Minho remembered JoongKi and Donghae’s words right after the human girl left the Administrative office earlier.

You have to be careful with that one. She will think that she found someone who champions Humans in Davidar. Now that you are going to handle their class, it would be odd if she would start to rely on you as the Hero of the Human students. She may even think that you’d protect them.

Yes, as Knights we can protect them, but they are still students here in Davidar and we are their Professors. There is a line that has to be drawn. And that human girl has to be grounded by that line as early as now.

Minho didn’t have to be told that. He knew that getting involved in student affairs is not good. His two decades of teaching students in Davidar had taught him a lot of valuable lessons. And one of them is to stay away from personal affairs of others.

“Minho!”

Minho heard a familiar voice of a woman as he stopped his steps. He hasn’t gotten far from the classroom yet. Minho scratched his brow. This is not the time to see Hani yet, the students may interpret it differently if they see Minho and Hani together, especially because they both stand out.

A tall red hair woman went to Minho. She looked y in her body hugging dress. She looked like the epitome of iness and beauty. If looks can burn, she would have put Davidar on fire.

“Hani.” Said Minho.

Hani smiled as she put her arms around Minho’s.

“I’m so glad to see you. Where were you the past month?” asked Hani.

Minho coughed as he pulled Hani gently, a foot from him.

“At the Palace and missions.” Said Minho. “Knights do not have a break. When we’re not in Davidar, we’re back in the Palace, or out for a mission. You know that very well Hani.”

Hani pouted.

“I know that. But I haven’t seen you for a month. I was… sad that you did not even spare a day to see me.” Said Hani

Students who went out from Minho’s class saw the two together and started chatting among themselves.

Wow who is that very…exotic looking girl?

Wow are they a couple? They’re so close, she can even hook her arm around his!

What a pair… they look very good together. They both shine.

A very admirable Knight and a very hot woman… why is life so unfair?

“We see each other here in Davidar often. We’re both Professors here.” Said Minho, his tone was very formal.

“I know but…” Hani sighed in frustration. “You used to meet with Liah whenever you could. How come you’re too busy now?”

Minho’s clenched his hand at mention of that familiar name.

“We are friends right?” asked Hani. “Liah is not the only thing that connects us, isn’t it?  That is why I think it’s good that we keep being close just as before.”

And then Minho heard another student talk.

Are you all right, Sulli?

Huh?

The class earlier… Sir Knight Minho he… said things about humans and how we can be kicked out of his class if we can’t keep up with the others. You did not talk the entire time. You were silent the entire class. I was expecting that you’d speak up anytime soon. But you didn’t. Are you all right?

Minho started to walk ahead but Hani pulled his arm back.

“There’s a newly opened dinning place outside Davidar. It has good roasted chicken. You love roast chicken, Liah used to cook that for you.” asked Hani “You… would come with me there, right Minho?”

And then a voice spoke again, the voice that has gotten familiar, the voice of the dark hair human girl.

I don’t know, Bomi. I am just… disappointed. I’m disappointed with myself. He was right when he said I easily get overcome by my emotions. I never should have thought he understood us. I never should have assumed somebody in Davidar finally saw what we’re going through. You were right. I regret saying what I told him in the Administrative Office…. He…

Minho’s eyes narrowed.

 He’s… just like the others.

Minho turned his head to his side.

“What?” asked Hani. “Something the matter?”

He… also thinks humans are just weaklings who drag people down….

Hani pulled Minho’s arm so that he looks at her.

“What’s the matter?” asked Hani. “Is it the queen’s spell? Do you hear unnecessary things again? Do we need to see a sorcerer to have the spell enforced?”

Minho shook his head. The Queen Sorcerer’s spell blocks a Dragon’s ear to unnecessary noises. It shuts down their senses by four fifth. Dragon Knights only take the spell off during missions, where they need their full senses.

But Minho chose not to use the spell anymore. He had stopped using the spell when he was a young man. No one else knew he stopped using the spell. Even JoongKi and Donghae think he still uses the spell always. That is why Minho has mastered the art of acting like he hears nothing, cares about nothing and act like the other Dragon Knights.

Minho turned his head back to Hani.

Hani looked worried.

“I think we should go straight to the Head. She’s the best sorcerer here.” Said Hani.

“No need.” Said Minho. “It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure?” asked Hani.

Minho nodded.

 From now on, our Davidar journey is our own, Bomi. We cannot rely on anyone else. Here in Davidar, there is no one else who would care about humans… but ourselves.

“Oh… all right. So I was saying about the dinning place...” Hani continued.

“No, Hani. I apologize but I can’t go there with you.” said Minho.

Hani stopped. Minho… He…He rejected her flat.

“You can’t? You mean… are you busy? I guess you have classes until this afternoon. But we can have dinner.” Said Hani. “I wouldn’t mind if I have to wait for a little while for you.”

“But I would. I would mind.” Said Minho. “A man does not make a woman wait for her in a public place, even when that woman is like a sister to him.”

Hani’s face suddenly looked pale.

“A… sister?” asked Hani.

“It has not changed Hani. You and Liah are twin sisters. I have treated you like a sister before. And I still see you as one whatever happened. That is why, you should not feel like our bond of closeness is being lessened by our limited time together. You’re still a sister to me even when we don’t get to talk frequently.” Said Minho.

Hani’s hands dropped to her side.

“R…Right.” Said Hani. “You’re… You’re right.”

Minho walked ahead.

“See you around, Hani.” Minho walked on.

Hani sighed.

Minho… had always been too hard to reach.

 

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa