Jong In

Jong In

Jong In

We shouldn’t have met that night but maybe it was luck that wanted us to cross each other. The way he grabbed my hands and wrap his long arms around my small waist. “If you want me to live then don’t push me away but if you want me to die then do so.” The seconds when he hug me so tight, curling my hair that was on the way behind my ear and tuck it. He doesn’t know but he took away my very first breath. He whispers close to my ear with his husky voice and breathe deeply into my neck. My heart beat twice faster. He was a start of my life ever since then.

 

Whoever he was, I wanted to know so badly but I was only allowed out of the house for once a month. My parent are the strictest parent and one of the richest. They wanted me to study well for a very good career, be a role model that everyone looked up to and marry someone rich, someone that can support me through thick and thin though I wanted everything opposite.

 

Soon I began to forget the first man whom I truly falls for after a night but before I can completely forget he appear once again. This time he didn’t grab me or touch me. He was inside a cafe reading with a cup of coffee.

 

“Hello,” I started our stories by introducing myself and telling him who I was.

 

“Kim Jong In,” He introduced after, skipping my heart beat. Just one day, someone that haven’t fall in love yet will find someone that makes their heart skip just by the voice.

 

“Are you able to explain to me why you did that to me that night?” I remember asking him with curiosity although I can careless. All I can ever care was meeting him that night. “One day, you’ll know why.” He said with a small smile and turn as he accidentally move the table and spill coffee on me.

 

“I’m sorry,” he apologize, looking away. What is happening to him or what he is doing, I became interested as he hand me his handkerchief and quickly leave the cafe. Where is he hurriedly to? I asked myself, following him out.

 

In the fall season where beautiful trees are cover with yellow, green, red and orange leaves, it was a perfect place for the two of us. “How can you just leave me like this?” I asked once I catch up and grabbed his hand. He has to take responsibility not for what just happen earlier but my heart. “I’m sorry but staying away from me is better.” I should have but I didn’t without any regrets. It was one of the most beautiful thing that I will cherish for forever with me.

 

“I know that this is only our second times of meeting...but I..” When did I became a girl that is open hearted? “I think I like you.” I bite the bottom lips of mine and confronted him about my feelings. At least he should know before we get separated and never meet again.

 

“Like me?” I finally got his attention as he stop looking around. He looked into my eyes and take a step closer. What am I thinking. I wanted to yelled at myself so badly but before I have the chance to, I lost my balance after a sound and collapsed into his arms.

 

The next thing that I can remember was waking up inside a white and empty room. There was nothing other than a bed. Where am I? I wonder and remove the blanket as I hurted myself from trying to move. Just then I notice that I was shot on my shoulder. He must wanted me to stay away from him because he’s a dangerous person. “You should leave.” His voice were heard behind me as I find myself surprisingly startled. I’m not scared of him. I’m actually happy because he was here, watching me and wounding me. This is the life I want, a peaceful and normal life. I don’t want to be a princess and get guard by 10 to 15 mens. I want to cook food for my own self, I don’t want to have anyone out there cook for me like a paralyzed person unless it is necessary.

 

I don’t want a fancy life, I want a wonderful and hard working life. Something that would motivates me so I can be stronger.

 

“After I’m shot because of you.” I purposely find a excuse for me to stay, maybe just for a little longer. “You’re not suppose to be here, Song Ji Ahn.” He finally called my name, staring into my eyes. The look he gives me, he can never lie about it. I know he wanted me to stay away from him because he doesn’t want to be the cause of me any danger like yesterday.

 

“Then answer me a question,” I asked him, praying for god to take on my side so I can have a chance to fully be with him. It doesn’t matter if he’s dangerous or not.

 

“I like you. What do you think about that?” I curiously wonder as Jong In look away and clear his throat.

 

“What kind of question is that? Aren’t you suppose to ask me why you’re shot?”

 

“That’s not important.” I shrug, sitting up from the bed and tries to walk over to Jong In.

 

“People like people. I think of that as nothing.” Lies. Lies. Lies. I can see that he’s lying to himself.

 

“I like you as a women liking a men. You know I have been waiting to see you every day. I pray every night just so I’ll have this chance to be with you.” I explain, searching for Jong In’s eyes.

 

“You should hurried back home. Your parent must be worried about you.” Jong In goes again, trying to make me leave but because of my strong belief I didn’t and took the opportunity to change everything.

 

I did everything I can and stayed next to him. We might not be close to each other but as days goes by, we slowly grow our feelings. It was like first strangers, friends, close friends, best friend then a relationship.

 

“Jong In ah, what are you doing?” I jog into his room and find him in a complete mess on our last night together. He looks so tired and stress after he went out to buy us dinner. “Your parents know that you are with me.” He told me that night and chuckle bitterly. He say he was happy. He’s happy that I will get to go back home, live freely and happy but I know deeply that he isn’t. He wanted to stay with me as for forever. Our bond was getting strong and we are no longer strangers. “Maybe it’s time to meet my parent and tell them about our...never mind.” I wasn’t sure if Jong In have accepted me as someone in his life yet though I know I’m not an unknown person in his life anymore. I walk toward him at that second and give him a smile.

 

“You shouldn’t smile like that to me,” He look at me like I was going to vanish from his life. “Jong In, I’m always here.” I shake my head and laugh, cupping his face.

 

“Do you remember what you asked me when you were here for the first time?” Jong In grab my hands and ask softly, skipping my heart beats more than ever. “Why not?” I ask, searching for his reasons though I figure what it would mean.

 

“I wanted to answer your question now--” “Ji Ahn!” I heard the door being kicked open, revealing both of my parent as they stares at me angrily. “Mother?” My eyes widened in shock and I couldn’t help but I had to pull my hand away from Jong In. I wasn’t scare of being seen with him, I’m scared of him getting hurt. “How could you do something so shameless like this!” My father came inside the room and slap me for the very first time. I have always doubted their love. I never knew that today would come. Instead of them worrying about my safety, they were angry because I ruin their image.

 

“Ji Ahn,” Jong In worriedly called and check on my cheeks as tears well up.

 

It was one of the worst nightmare that will never disappear from my life. If I could take Jong In’s place, I would.

 

“JONG IN!” I cried, wanting to run and protect him from everyone but I couldn’t no matter what. 1 man holded me back while my parent stood there and watch me struggles. There was no way tha Jong In could go against all 9 mens.

 

But Jong In did his best. He’s trying to do everything to stop me from seeing him struggles. He try so much and that’s what hurts me. “Jong In ah,” I call his name each time as he fall. I rather see him get up other than falling. I have never been so scared like that before. The seconds when Jong In’s body were completely ruin and he couldn’t stand up, I didn’t know where I have the strength from but I was able to push the man away and run to Jong In. Sobbing so hard, praying more than I ever have in my life for him to open his eyes and said a word to me but he didn’t.

 

I keep praying, repeatedly do and hold him on my chest but there’s nothing that I got other than my tears and his blood staining on my shirt. This can’t be our last time together.

 

“Jong In ah, say a word.” I hiccup, crying, holding him and asking him all together but he won’t open his eyes to look or say a word to me. “Jong In ah, I love you.”

 

“Jong In ah, I wanted to stay with you.”

 

“Please open your eyes and look at me for one last time. Just one last time, please.”

 

“How am I going to live? What am I going to do without you, Jong In?”

 

No matter how many words I have said to Jong In, I can’t bring him back. My millions tears, my pure love, my life, god won’t give him back to me.

 

“This won’t be the last time so take this as an lesson.” My mother said without any pity, guilt or sadness. She badly ruin 2 person’s life and yet she wanted me to take this as a lesson? I laugh bitterly, shaking my head and lean in for Jong In’s lip. Forever, a small of his  blood will be inside of me for forever. Though our body may separate, our soul will be together.

 

The last thing I can remember was my mom signaling for a nurse to do something to me.

 

“When are you going back, your wound is healed.” Jong In give his clothes to me and curiously wonder why I wanted to stay with him so much. “Because I don’t like you anymore,” I teasingly said as I stood up and lean in closer to Jong In.

 

“Then why stayed?” He roll his eyes and look away.

 

“Because I’m starting to love you” I remember what I said and chuckle, cupping Jong In’s face and bring him to fully face me. “I’m starting to love you, Kim Jong In.” I lean in closer and smile.


Author's note:
(TA-DAH! Hello, all my WORLD readers and subscribers, I hope I didn’t disappoint you all much. I know that this story feel like it was being written in a rush but trus me it is not. This is the style of writing for this one shots. If there are lots of people interested in this story then I will start the long story that comes after this but if there aren't then I'll see what I can do to all my beautiful and wonderful readers and subscribers.)