Chapter 9

Unexpected Love

I didn't even notice I was hurt until I exited.

I had several cuts on my arms and a pretty deep cut on my left cheek, near my ear. I was sitting in a police car that had the door open so I can put my legs outside. Looking down I observed the cuts on my legs, too. I was really insipred that morning, because I decided to not wear high heals, which would make running from the killers almost impossible.

That morning...

 Did it really happened just this morning?

Yes, it was true. The press conference was that morning, then I came at the police. And all I came trough lasted just... 2 hours? I felt like I have been running for 2 days. But no. The sun was up and it was a nice afternoon. The wind carresed my skin and I relaxed. I didn't feel scared anymore. It passed. I had no reason to be scared.

I think I waited outside like half an hour. For what? Got no idea. I think that I waited for that doctor to finish clearing my wounds. But I was more attentive to my surroundings. I saw Yoo In-na and Kim Woo Bin coming towards me  She didn't look wounded at all. Woo Bin also chaged his dirty and ripped clothes with a white shirt and some jeans. I could see the bandage on his arm.

"How do you feel,  reporter Park?" she asked me.

"Why do you keep calling her like that?" Woo Bin asked leaning against the car. His question made me and In-na look awkwardly one at each other. "Does it hurt?" he asked me looking at my wounds.

"No, I'm fine. Where is Ko Ghang Seok?"

"Taking the prisoners back in their cells. I would have helped him, but ..." he

"Stop complaining so much. I told you you can leave " In-na cut him off

"Do you have someone coming for you?" he asked me

"No, I think I'll call a cab..."

"I can give you a ride." Woo Bin offered

"No, you don't have to..."

"But I want to. Let's go. "

On our way home , Woo Bin and I talked about the articles I had to write weekly about the police's activity and about the adventure that we lived. When we arrived at my apartment, I saw my brother outside, dressed in his school uniform. I opened the car door and called his name. He heard me and stopped.

"Shin Hye, you're home early" he greeted me enthusiasticly as Woo Bin and I got closer. Saan looked at him and then at me confused.

"Saan, he is Kim Woo Bin."

Finding himself in front of that tall and well-build man, Saan bent his head and said "Good afternoon"

Woo Bin laughed softly "You don't have to be so formal. Your sister taught you to be polite with the elder, right ?" he asked

"Neh " Saan nodded

"You don't have to be like that with me." Woo Bin said and reached out his hand. Sann put his tiny hand in Woo Bin's and they shook hands. That brough a little smile on my brother's face. I was relieved that Woo Bin knew how to act with a 9 year old. Saan would have felt uncomfortable if Woo Bin messed his hair, like you do when you play with a dog or if he talked to him like he was a baby.

"Are you Shin Hye's friend?" my brother asked

Woo Bin smiled and looked at me before answered "Yes. We are friends."   Why that didn't sound right in my ears ?

"What happened with your arm? " Saan asked "Noona, you're hurt, too!"

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I said

"I'm alright, too. I just had an accident at work." Woo Bin said

"What is your job?"

"I am a detective ... policeman"

"Really? Did you hurt your arm when you fought with an thief?"

"Saan!"

"It's fine, don't scold him." Woo Bin interrupted me smiling. 

"Did you catch lots of thievs? Did you followed them with cars like in movies?"

"I did."

"Awsome! Will you tell me about it? Shin Hye, can he come at lunch? I want to hear how he did it! " Sann pleaded. He was more and more enthusiastic. He was already fascinated about Woo Bin.

"Uhm..." I stutter "You are welcomed if you're not busy." I finally said to Woo Bin

"Well..." We Bin considered  but my brother's expression convinced him "Alright."

The three of us got upstairs. Good thing that I am an organized person. My house was perfectly clean. I decorated it by myself and, even if it wasn't as luxurious as Woo Bin's, it was a nice place. Before my mother passed away she helped me buy the apartment. When you enter in the hall just a few steps separe you by the living room where are two couches and a coffe table. A little more to right and two stairs up is a table with 4 chairs. Then comes the door to the kitchen. In the left side is the way towards another little hall towards the bath and the 2 bedrooms, mine and Saan's.

After a few minutes we started to eat. Kim Woo Bin and Saan sat next to each other. My brother wouldn't stop asking Woo Bin all kinds of questions about him, especially about his job. Woo Bin also asked my brother about his hobbies.

"So you like to draw ?" he asked

"Yes, I can show you my drawings if you want. Shin Hye, I'm done."

"Do you want some milk? " I asked him knewing that he always drinks milk after he finishes eating.

"Yes, please "

I gave my brother a glass of milk and, while he went to the living room with Woo Bin, I started washing dishes. After I finished I went at them. My lips curved into a smile when I saw both of them sitting on floor, near the coffee table. Woo Bin was resting his head on his hand and looked concentrated as my brother showed him his drawings.

"Are you having fun?" I asked as I sat on the chouch

"Yes!" Saan said (he was so happy!)

"Your brother is really talented." Woo Bin smiled

"Yes, his drawings are good. But he also has homework to do, so ... "

"No, Shin Hye! Let me stay a little more!"

"Saan, your homework-"

"Look, Woo Bin (he was already calling him by his little name), you like this one?"

Woo BIn looked at the drawing that Saan was showing him ."You and you sister riding bicycles?"

"Yes, I like a lot to ride! "

"Well, if I promise you that I will take in the park to ride bicycles on Sunday, will you do your homework?"

"Will you? And Shin Hye will come with us?"

"I doubt your sister will trust me enough to let you alone with me all day long." Woo Bin laughed "So, what do you say?"

Saan made an adorable face as he was considering the offer. "Fine. I'll see you on Sunday. Don't forget you promised!"

"I always keep my promises" Woo Bin said. Saan took all his drawing from the table and left to his room.

"Thank you" I said

"No problem. I made myself a favour, too. " he said and stood "See you on Sunday "

"... Yes, see you. I'll walk you to the door "