Chapter 11

Unexpected Love

When somebody or something keeps coming in your way, does it make you think it's fate? Well there's something that keeps bothering me: the murder from the warehouse.

When we were eating, Yoo In-na called Kim Woo Bin to tell him that they finally found the killer.

"How did she do that?" I asked Woo Bin. We left my brother home with a nice neighbor, a friend of mine, and now we were in his car. We hurried so much that we didn't even changed our clothes.

"You remember the attack from Bacchus Garden..."

"Obviously"

"Well, one of the attackers lost a cupon and we found the store from where he got it. We checked the CCTV and we found 3 men who matched with the description of the attackers. Hyung and I looked for them and brought them at the police. After the interrogation they confessed that they were hired by an unknown person-"

"They got no idea who hired them?"

"Nope"

"Who tries to kill somebody for a person they never saw?"

"They are professional. That's the way it works. No questions, just do your job." Woo Bin smirked  "Pretty much like in police."

"That's not funny"

"Anyway, they did meet one of the killer's most important men. They agreed to help us to catch them."

"Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"Cause I don't want you to be in danger." he said "After all, I told you when the moment came, didn't I?"

I didn't answer. He stopped the car when we got near a seaport. I didn't waited for him to open the door for me and I got off the car. I looked around. Just like the warehouse, that place didn't look like it was used lately. The boats around were old and couldn't be used. There were 2 buildings, one near the sea and another one on the opposite side. They were both old, they missed parts of the roof, the windows and the walls. We got closer to the police officers who were preparing for the operation. We entered in the second building I was talking about. Parts of the boats and some machines which long time ago were used for their construction were all around us.

"I don't know this place. Where are we?" I asked

"Dong Seaport. It hasn't been used for years. ... For 7 years, more exactly."

"7 years? Isn't.. it when your father died?"

Woo Bin nodded his head.

"You know, my father died 7 years ago, too."

Woo Bin's eyes widened "Really? That's a weird coincidence..."

"Detective Kim!" an office called out "Sir, the suspects came. Everybody is ready, we are just waiting for your signal."

"We are going to wait until their boss shows up" Woo Bin said. The offices nooded his head and left to his hideout.

Woo Bin charged his gun and we both hided behind one of those machines. We kept silent so we can hear what they were talking.

"And what are you expecting now?" I hear a rough annoyed voice saying "You didn't do your job! The cops are still looking for us! You should've killed 'em at Baccuhs!"

"It wasn't all our fault!" one of the attackers, now our ally, defended himself  "They were armed! And, after all, it wasn't me who couldn't kill that traitor at the warehouse. If that pu**y would have killed him , the cops wouldn't have found out about your boss, wouldn't have looked for him at Bacchus and-"

"Enough! You were hired after that accident! It was your fault that you coulnd't do the job my boss asked you to do"

Our ally mumbled something I didn't understand. Woo Bin took his hand to his ear and spoke in a cold, collected manner "Keep it clear". I understood that he was talking with our man through a headphone.

"Then maybe your boss shoud've done the job himself!" our ally spoke, this time clear. "Why isn't he here?"

"How dare you?! He-"

"He is here" a cold voice interrupted them. The contrast between the loud voices we heard until then and the calm, clear and controlling voice that spoke made me tense. I understood that the man who entered was the big boss, the one who controls everything and everybody. I saw and I felt Woo Bin tensing up. He cheked again his gun.

"What? You wanted to see me here. The cat got your tongue? ... Fine , then I'll talk. And I ask you how hard was it to kill at least one of those 4?" his voice showed anger, but he was still in control "I said I want him dead! Since the night Kim Ji Woo and his friend Park died, the young Kim keeps creating problems and this time he was too close!" the anger took control over the man "You couldn't do your job, you are useless. And how I don't need you anymore.." his word were followed by the noise of a gun.

"Now!" Kim Woo Bin said. The policemen exited and the fight started. Woo Bin nodded his head to an officer who instantly got closer. "Take care of Park Shin Hye" he said . The officer answered with an "yes, sir!" and Woo Bin told me "I'll be close by you. Take care, it won't last much."  I nooded my head and he left in the blink of an eye.

"No worry, miss, we got that" the  officer tried to calm me down. He didn't have too much success.

I tried to breath normally and I looked around at the fight without making any dangerous move. I couldn't forget that I was there to do my job, that after I got out of there I have to write about it, to let all koreans know about what happened there.

But no matter what I did, my eyes kept looking for Kim Woo Bin. I was worried that something could happen to him. I stopped breathing while watching him fight with those men. First time when I set my eyes on him I found him in front of a man who was taller than him with a head. The man tried to hit his abdomen, but Woo Bin caught his arm and twisted it, probably breaking it. Another man who had a knife in his hand came from backwards, trying to stab him, but somehow Woo Bin sensed him, took him by his arm and throw him over his shoulder. Woo Bin took his knife and with its help he fought with a third man. He stabbed the man's abdomen and when the victim feel on the ground Woo Bin saw me.

His eyes rested on me for a moment to assure himself I was fine, but then they stopped on something behind me. I looked back to see the big bad boss in front of me with a devlish smirk on his lips. The officer near me got a bullet in the second moment, but I didn't looked at him. My eyes were stuck on that man's cold expression. He was impeccably dressed in a black suit, shirt, black tie and shoes. His short dark hair showed his piercing eyes, which were staring at me. His gaze didn't left me not even when he shot the policeman.

Suddenly, he took me by my arm and made me stand with my back on him. I couldn't move. In the chaos of the battle I saw Woo Bin standing there, 5 steps in front of me. Until that moment I saw him calm and focus on his job, willing to punish the one who killed his father. But when that man put his gun on my temple, I saw a change in his eyes.

"You got any problem, detective Kim?" the killer asked. Even if I couldn't see it, I knew he was still smirking.

"You are my problem." Woo Bin said calmly

"I could say the same thing about you." the man replied and his grip on my tightened. Woo Bin made a step towards me.

"Something wrong , Kim? What a beautiful woman. Seems like I got the jackpot with her. She seems familliar, who is she? I'm curious"

"Soon, it won't matter to you"

"HANDS UP! You are surrounded! " I heard somneone screaming behind me and I recognized Ko Ghang Seok's voice. I breathed out in relief just after the man raised his hands in surrender and made a step back. Woo Bin came to me and I runned in his arms. I felt his lips on my head and I listened his calming whispers.

I looked back at the killer. Yoo In-na put his hands behind his back. When she was on the point of taking him to the police car 4 black cars stopped at the exit. I don't know how many men got off them, but another confrontation started. Woo Bin wanted to throw himself in the battle, but a man came to us. Woo Bin stepped in front of me defending me. The man was a good fighter, he put Woo Bin down and punched his face. Woo Bin got his hand and rolled on top of him. When his fight ended, Woo Bin remained exahusted on his knees. I knelt next to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"You alright?" he asked. Me? He didn't looked too good himself.

"Are you?"

 We both looked up when we heard In-na's voice calling out. "We lost him!"

Woo Bin stand and so did I.

"How?"

"He runned in a car and rode away, we couldn't catch him!" In-na tried to calm herself. He was obviously angry because of the failure. "How are you feeling?" she finally asked

"Like s**t!" Woo Bin sad and turned his back on us. "I lost him...again." he mumbled more to himself.

Yoo In-na looked down "I go help Ko Ghan Seok" she said

Kim Woo Bin exited and I followed him. We stopped on the quay. He was still standing with his back on me. I prefered to not say anything, I didn't know what to say anyway. I just thought he will need someone. I stood there in silence watching the sunset.

"Kim Woo Bin..." I finally said

"I lost him again" he repeted and he finally looked at me. There was... disappointment in his eyes, but not defeat.

"You will find him"

"I know. I only need a few minutes to get over this failure and... I will keep going" he tried to smile

I smiled back and took his hand. He look down at our hands and then in my eyes. I looked to the sea and he followed my gaze. The sunset was so beautiful and the sea so calm..

"Today is August 12." he said "My father died on 12th, but it was May."

I looked at him with widen eyes.

"May 12 , seven years ago?"

"....Yes.. Shin Hye, what's wrong?"

"That's when my father died." I mumbled

The killer's words popped in my mind and I recited like a parrot "Since the night Kim Ji Woo and his friend Park died... And he said I look familiar! Woo Bin what was the full name of that Park?"

"I.. I don't know.. I never meet him. I heard my father talking with him on the phone... or about him with Ajjussi-"

"Ajjussi ! Secretary Baek also told me I look familiar!" I was more and more confused. What the man who almost killed me the same person who... who killed my father?

"But my father wasn't killed! It was an accident! His car...."

Woo Bin put his arms around me and I rested my head on his chest, like the thoughts in my head were to heavy to bear them. I stayed like this a while breathing his parfume and feelling his breath.

"You think it's true?" I asked, my voice broken

Woo Bin swallowed and spoke "We will find out. I'll talk with ajjussi." I knew that was a "yes". I hugged him with more strength and I burried my face in his shoulder. I breathed deeply the smell of his parfume, his smell.

He cupped my cheeks and made me look at him. Looking in his eyes was so comforting, being with him was so comforting. I felt his warm breath on my face and I couldn't help but look at his mouth.. his lips, which were 5 centimeters away from mines. I looked back at his eyes and I found him looking at my lips just for a second. Then our eyes meet again. There were hundreds of kissed between our eyes before he finally pressed his lips on mines.

I left myself be taken away by his kiss. I felt his smooth skin and soft lips, I smelled his scent, I heard his heartbeat. I was drunk of him. His kiss got me drunk. He gently took my upper lip in his mouth before ending the kiss. He kissed the corner of my mouth again and then I opened my eyes.

"I don't know what scared me more: all those men there or posibility of you slapping me when I tried to kiss you." he said making me smile in spide of everything.

"You thought at that posibility, too?" I asked putting my hands on his broad shoulders. He put his around my waist.

"You got no idea" he said pressing his forehead on mine.

 

Hi guys ! I know this is a late update, I'm sorry! Something you liked in this chapter? Or disliked? I am not too good at writing kissing scenes, you probably noticed..