Unrequited Love

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I drove my car to the Café I usually meet Tiffany at every morning before I go to work, I couldn’t help but think of Kris all the time because I love him so much. Kris is my first love and he told me that I was his, it’s funny though because, just yesterday, he told me that he’s been trying so hard to love me but he can’t because he’s in love with Jessica.

Jessica’s like a sister to me, she knows how much I love Kris and the things I’d do for him. Nothing hurts more than seeing your friend-like-sister try to make you jealous because she has the person you love wrapped around her finger. Kris and I broke up and I still can’t believe what happened, everything I tried and did for him no one would ever do, especially wait for almost a year because he was dating Jessica.

**few months ago**

Kris: “Can you wait for me?”

Me: “I’ll wait a thousand years for you”

He smiled and kissed my lips

Kris: “thank you, I love you”

Me: “I love you too”

**now**

I felt my tears falling down my cheeks so I quickly wiped them as I parked in front of the Café. I took a deep breath and blinked away the tears and softly chuckled, “I’m an idiot” I got out of the car and sat at the table Tiffany and I usually sit on, I rested my right palm on my jaw and stared out the window breathing slowly as I waited for Tiffany to come. Few minutes later, she came and sat in front of me.

Tiffany: “I’m so sorry Yoona, the traffic was a little crazy”

Me: I shook my head smiling, “don’t worry about it, it’s fine. Besides, I just got here” I laughed a little

Tiffany: “so, tell me!” she said with excitement

Me: I blinked at her and tilted my head a little confused, “tell you what?”

Tiffany: “yesterday was your year anniversary with Kris! What do you think I was talking about??” she pouted and crossed her arms

Me: “ah~ that” I looked out the window again and put a small, fake smile on my face, “well, we broke up”

Tiffany: “w-what?! What happ-“ I shushed her before she finished because I saw Jessica coming our way, and, of course, Kris was walking with her.

Me: “Later” I mouthed to her as she nodded

Jessica: “hello!” she smiled as she held Kris’s hand and waved at us with their untwined hands, she looked at me and waved again as if I didn't already see their hands, “hello Yoona!” she was giggling and the sounds of her giggles just made my heart ache with each beat.

Me: I nodded once at her and put on a fake smile again, “hey” I looked out the window again and I felt Tiffany’s eyes on me, I didn’t wanna look at her because I was trying my hardest to blink my tears away.

They sat on our table, Jessica next to me because she was jealous of how close Kris and I are, were at least. I knew that because she told me so many times and I reassured her countless times that Kris trusts her, she thought he trusted and loved me more. Well, he should have an acting career because he’s so good at pretending.

Tiffany: “Yoona! Yoooonaaaa! Helloooo” I didn’t realize that I dazed off till she was waving her hand in front of my face. I startled a little then looked at her, “I’m sorry, I was just thinking of something. What is it?” Tiffany gave me a worried look, “Jessica wants to tell us something and she wouldn’t say it until you buy us a drink”

Me: I blinked, “why me? Why can’t you guys do it?”

Kris: he looked at me and saw that I was trying to avoid him at all costs, “I’ll pay don’t worry”

Jessica: “no baby, she has to pay” she whined as my heart literally broke in two. Baby? They couldn’t possibly be… I looked out the window again, “fine, I’ll pay”

I waited till a waitress came near our table, “excuse me” I politely called out for her, “can we please get some drinks?”

The waitress smiled, “of course” she took out a small notebook and a pen, “what do you guys need?” she looked at us

Jessica: “orange juice please”

Kris: “coffee with sugar and cream”

Tiffany: “lemonade please” she smiled at the waitress

The waitress: she wrote down all their orders then looked at me, “and you miss?”

Me: I shook my head and smiled, “thank you, I don’t want anything” she nodded and went away

Tiffany: “why didn’t you get anything? You’re paying”

Me: “I had some coffee in the morning don’t worry, I also bought a doughnut so I ate it on the way here” I lied to her so she doesn’t worry. She nodded, “okay, thank you” she smiled at me so I smiled back.

Tiffany: she looked at Jessica, “okay, so tell us. She bought the drinks”

Jessica: “okay!” she smiled excitedly and held Kris’s hands in hers, “Kris and I are getting engaged” my heart dropped as my color changed, Tiffany was looking at me and saw a slight tear forming in my eyes as I blinked it away, “congratulations” I said then my phone started ringing as I picked it up, it was my sister.

Me: “hello”…… “What? You’re kidding me right?”….. “okay, just stay there, I’ll be right there”…. “wait, where did you take him?” I nodded as if she can see me, “okay, I’ll be right there in ten, just tell me what the doctor says” I hung up with her then left a twenty dollar bill on the table for the drinks and a tip then stood up from my chair.

Tiffany: “what happened” she was worried

Me: “I’ll tell you later, I gotta go” I raced to my car and was about to start it when I saw Kris knock on my window; I rolled it down.

Kris: “are you alright? What’s going on?”

Me: I looked at him as I put my seatbelt on and started the car, “none of your business. Go back to your fiancé” I drove off before he said anything.

I drove to the hospital my sister told me about and I got in as fast as I can; she was standing near the entrance waiting for me, “where is he? Is he okay?”

Sunny: “he’s in surgery, the doctor said that he had a ” she was crying. Sunny was the closest to my dad; he had health problems ever since he served in the army and of all the troubles they went through while they fought in the war. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and sat with her in a chair, “he’s gonna be fine okay? Just stay strong” I kissed her forehead and her hair as she rested her head on my shoulder crying.

An hour had passed and the doctor came out, I stood up to talk to him, “is he okay?” the doctor nodded, “he is, but he’s going to need plenty of rest and he has to eat healthier food. No fast food or any food from outside, just homemade and not a lot of fat” I nodded at him, “okay, thank you. Can we take him home or does he have to spend the night?”

The doctor: “preferably, he should stay here just in case anything happens, but you can take him home if you’d like but you have to keep an eye on him” I nodded, “thank you, I’ll discuss it with my sister” he nodded and smiled then walked away. I sat next to Sunny, “did you hear that sweetheart, he’s okay” she hugged me tightly as she sniffled, “let him stay here for the night, just in case” I nod, “of course, anything you want” I kissed her head and rubbed her back, “now, do you want something to eat?” she nodded. “okay, let’s go get you something then” we went to the cafeteria in the lobby and I got her a sandwich and a drink; we sat at a table near the window and started talking about some things.

Few hours passed and I looked at my phone, “it’s 3 in the afternoon, do you want me to drop you off then go to work?”

Sunny: she shook her head, “I wanna stay with dad if you don’t mind” I nodded, “okay, be careful. Here” I gave her my credit card, “you know the pin, buy anything you want” I smiled at her then kissed her forehead and left.

**few months forward**

I walked outside to open the mail and saw an envelope with my name on it from Jessica and Kris; I went inside and opened it, it read, “You’re invited to our wedding on (a date) and we’re going to be really happy if you can make it” I threw the invitation on the couch next to me and brought my elbows to my knees colliding my hands together and putting my forehead on my knuckles; my tears started falling onto my legs as I heard my phone ringing, I looked at it and saw Tiffany’s name; I took a deep breath and answered.

Me: “Hello”

Tiffany: “Yoona… I just got the card… Are you okay?” she sounded sad

Me: “yes, I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be okay? Haha” I tried to be my usual self. 

Tiffany: “you don’t have to pretend with me Yonna, I’m always here for you. I’m coming to your house in ten”

Me: “don’t worry about me, I’m really fine Tiffany”

Tiffany: “I’m still coming” I nodded, “okay you stubborn head, I’ll wait for you” we hung up then I looked at the card again and picked it up then put it on the table. I went to the bathroom and washed my face then dried it; I heard a knock on my door so I went and opened it. My heart dropped a little as I saw him.

Kris: “may I come in?” I looked at him for a little then gestured him in, “make it quick, I’m busy.” He nodded and sat on the couch while looking at the card, “Yoona… I’m really sorry” I chuckled then picked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter