...

Not Like the Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Avoiding Chanyeol while they were working in the same floor was almost impossible. Suho scolded him frequently for not being in his cubicle, and gave him weird looks because he hid his scent so much. The older hadn't realized what was going on, though, so Baekhyun kept running away as soon as the alpha stepped out of his office and locked himself in the bathroom until Kyungsoo came to get him.

That was until Kris, the creative director and lead designer, called him to his office one morning. 

"Come in, sit down," Kris' cold voice said in such an authoritative tone that Baekhyun couldn't help but jump inside, close the door behind him and let himself fall to the chair in front of Kris' desk, no questions asked. "Baekhyun, what you're doing is illegal," the blond alpha hissed. 

Baekhyun's brows furrowed. "What...?" 

"Hiding from your rightful alpha. That's a crime. Do you have any idea how uneasy Chanyeol has been? He won't pay attention to his work, putting the company's productivity in jeopardy, but of course, you don't care about that. I've heard around that you have some kind of issue with the alpha and omega relationship, and let me tell you, it's ridiculous of you. You were meant to belong with someone. Nobody's saying you're inferior, you just have a different role in our society, and if you stopped judging it so much, you could see that you fit perfectly and be happy in it," he lectured with a scowl. 

Baekhyun held his breath. He had been busted. Someone knocked on the door and before Kris could say anything else it burst open. He felt the pull, stronger than ever, and the scent of his alpha invading his nose. Slowly, he turned, and locked his gaze with him. 

Chanyeol felt immediate relief, but the pull was promptly replaced with many emotions that hit him at the same time, making him freeze. First of all, his omega was breathtakingly beautiful, with his big, puppy eyes lined with black eyeliner, his chestnut hair falling a bit messily on his forehead, his soft features and his petite size. Secondly, he felt the strong need to haul him to his feet, growl and mark him right then and there, but he knew it was inappropriate at the moment and he needed to hold it. At the same time there was a desire to simply be as close as possible to his mate, and to get him away from that other wolf who he vaguely recognized as his boss at the moment. 

Baekhyun, felt mostly the same. He wanted to roll in the ground and offer his neck to him, but he tried to refrain and maintain his dignity. Chanyeol seized his arms to make him stand and his touch was electrifying, and the smaller jumped into his arms, with a feeling of relief and content when he embraced him. 

"Right. Chanyeol, you can have the rest of the week off, take him home or whatever. And come back when you both can work," Kris said, but the couple wasn't paying attention to him. 

Chanyeol led him to the parking lot. The walk through the halls and the ride in the elevator had been a blur. Baekhyun didn't notice the whispers that followed them. He was the son of the CEO after all, and they were curious about his partner. They also knew his father was very protective of him, and they wondered if he would approve of this alpha. 

The next thing he knew was that Chanyeol was pushing him against his car and kissing him on the lips. He felt lightheaded. He had never done it before, but he promptly opened his mouth and relaxed in his mate’s arms as he kissed him, avidly exploring his mouth and on his soft lips.

Baekhyun suddenly pulled away, turning his head to the side. Chanyeol simply took his chin and made him face him again to continue attacking his lips. The brunet made a small reproachful sound that was swallowed by the other’s mouth. He drew back once more.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked, breathlessly. He stared at him for a while. "Are you scared...?" He questioned, mistaking the look in his eyes for fear. "I'm sorry, I just..." He kissed him once again, until he felt Baekhyun shake slightly in his hold. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" He stumbled backwards, embarrassed. Why was he so unaffected by this? He wondered. Didn't he feel the same crazy need to be with him? "What's your name?" he tried again to get a word out of the boy.

"Baekhyun.”

"I'm Chanyeol," he gave him his brightest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter