Chapter 2

Broken

It’s already been three days since that incident happened… and until now there’s still no trace of her…

He clicked his tongue as he gazed outside the window of their classroom… he admits he was guilty for hurting her that day… but she asked for it… he was just being honest towards her…

He was sure her friends already knew what happened between them… just by their fuming stares on him he was sure he has already been judged by them… he doesn’t care if she added more to her story of what had really happened that day… he doesn’t care if he will look as the worst boyfriend… for in the end he was sure she will be coming to him crying and pleading to get back with her… he just know her too well…

He tried calling her just to appear that he somehow cared… but her phone would always be off… and the one time it rang, she quickly turned it off upon knowing who was calling her… he doesn’t care… she wanted it to be like that… then let her be… he thought…

She’s starting to be a nuisance… starting to be a pain in the … seeing the woman he had loved as nothing but a bother now that he have to pay attention to…

“How could you do that to her..? She gave you everything…! She loved you and what…? You just treated her like a trash… and now disposing her off just because you found another one to feed you needs…?!”

Her friend, Bom finally snapped out from her anger… lunging on him after class… together with his friends who had a little knowledge of what really happened between them… he really never wanted to talk about his relationship towards his friends… they don’t even know about his unfaithfulness for he’s sure they’ll beat him up to pulp…

Minji, another friend of hers tried to stop her fuming friend… pulling her for Bom was really ready to attack the hell out of him…

His friends were all surprised… seeing the fuming friend of their friend’s lover gave them a bit of hint of what’s happening…

“Jiyong… what’s this all about…?”

Youngbae interfered while the other three boys helped Minji to calm Bom…

Jiyong just shrugged all of them… he knew this will come… but he was not in the mood to story tell his life…he passed by them which made Bom boiled more in anger… she shouted at him which garnered the attention of the students around… he didn’t listen but continued on his way… his friends were also shocked with his sudden change…

A hand on his shoulder made him stop… he gazed back and saw Youngbae wearing a serious look on his face…

“I think we need to talk…”

Youngbae sternly told him… he just sighed and looked away…

--

“Damn… she was really angry… I thought she would scratch my face once I let go of her hands…”

Seungri complained… fortunately they managed to calm Dara’s friend earlier… telling that they will talk with Jiyong about that… the others ignored him and turned their attention to their silent friend who decided to seat on the corner with a glass of alcohol in his hand…

Youngbae eyed his friends… they just all nodded and let him to talk with his best friend… Youngbae knew him well… but never did he know about his friend’s secret affair with someone… and upon learning it earlier from ‘her’ friend… he couldn’t believe how his friend could do such thing…

Youngbae had watched him four years ago how he became sickeningly in love with Dara… the new girl in their class… that he too got attracted to at first… he saw how Jiyong looked like a fool just to gain her attention… and he saw how Jiyong became the happiest man when Dara accepted his confession…

He watched them… happy for what they had… saw the happiness on the two as each days passed… up until now they are in their senior year in college…he thought the two has a strong relationship… he never thought they would end up like this… making the other party broken and betrayed…

The woman that his friend had once loved the most… was left used and unappreciated…

Jiyong glanced over his glass seeing his friend sat beside him… he immediately knew that he needed to explain… explain after explain… he must get used to it now…

“I was just tired of us Bae that’s it…”

There was just silence between them at first before Youngbae decided to talk…

“So you decided to cheat on her…?”

That was a hard blow… that term ‘cheating’ never brushed his mind… too drowned by his selfish happiness while doing such thing…

“I couldn’t help it…”

He whispered as he gulped down a glass…

“Then you should have ended it with Dara peacefully before looking for another one…”

Jiyong looked at him first before looking away as he imagined Dara’s crying face ‘that day’

“And what…? Having her pleading for me not to leave her…? Hearing her cry on me… aisht… I’m sick of those things…”

Youngbae shook his head… what had happened to his friend…? What had happened to his friend’s feelings towards Dara… was it all just put to waste just because of one girl to got between them…?

“But look at now… it’s worse than what you have predicted right…? You’ve hurt her Ji… was that what you wanted…?”

“No…”

He quickly replied… Youngbae sighed and slumped back on his seat… glanced first on their other friends before looking ahead…

“I remember you saying you’ll treasure her forever… we may probably young back then right…? And you, too young and too early to spoke of those words… if you just tried to talk to her about what’s really happening on your relationship, probably she would understand and…-“

“Could you just stay away from this Bae…? It’s all over now… we’re over now… I’m sure she’ll be able to move on as days pass… I just… I just want some peace okay… I’m tired from explaining myself and I’m tired talking about my relationship with her… can we just all move on…?”

He annoyingly said… Youngbae’s brows creased… his friend had totally changed… wondering when he started to change… he was not like this before… he’s not the Jiyong he knew before…

“Alright… I just don’t want you to regret everything in the end Ji…”

“I will not…”

He firmly said… gulping another glass drowning himself to just forget everything about her and the guilt that is slowly creeping up on him…