Chapter 1

Broken

Sound of sobs rang the empty hallway… students have already gone home… the once lively place was replaced by the melancholic atmosphere coming from one of the classrooms…

There she was… crying her eyes out… learning about the unfaithful deed by the man she loves the most… who was standing in front of her… looking down at her with nothing but an impassive expression plastered on his face…

It seemed like her sobs were now just an annoying noise bugging his head… never did he felt sorry for what he had just done… seeing the woman he had loved breaking in front of him… was now like an ordinary scene for his now tired heart…

He was tired… bored… sick of their normal romantic relationship… he couldn’t feel any enthusiasm over what they have not like he was feeling during their first couple of years together… he wanted to blame himself… wanted to pound his head on why did he do it to her… but no matter how many times he wanted to have a different answer… he would always fall for one reason… he was sick of their relationship…

Sick of her being nice to him… sick of her being so caring… sick of her giving everything he needed and wanted… and for the fact that she was trying everyday to meet his needs… he just wanted more… he wanted to feel the thrill once again… wanted to feel the anticipation of seeing her face at the beginning and at the end of his day… unluckily for her… she wasn’t that woman who could give that thrill on him anymore…

“Why…?”

She finally spoke after a period of crying… the moment she saw him kissing another woman broke everything inside of her… she stayed deaf from her friends’ stories about him… she stayed blind from seeing his now unresponsive approach… she stayed numb from the pain he was slowly inflicting her… for her belief of him still loving her… the same feeling he had confessed years ago still lingered in her heart… enough for her to keep showering her unchanged feeling towards him…

He didn’t speak… too tired to explain himself… not really caring if their four-year relationship would end with just a blink of an eye… probably this is what he wants… probably this is what he needed to finally escape the sick feeling that’s been bugging him… selfish to think of only for himself… selfish not to care that he’s now slowly killing her heart…

“Jiyong-ah… why…? I love you…”

She said as wave of tears poured down from her eyes again… his brows creased… those words… since when did he felt nothing whenever she said those words…? He lowered his gaze… he admits he doesn’t want seeing her cry… but with what’s happening right now he couldn’t help but to endure the painful scene in front of him…

“Could we just talk about this next time…? I’m tired right now… Let’s just go home…”

He shrugged… nonchalance could be felt from his voice … she looked up and immediately stood up from her seat… she tugged on his arm not caring to wipe the tears on her cheeks…

“Just tell me why…? How could you do this to me…? Am I not enough for you…? Huh…? Tell me-…”

“I’m tired okay…? I’m tired of you always bugging me around to do this and this… I’m tired of you always taking care of everything… I’m tired of always listening to those words… we’re always like this… nothing has changed… I’m just tired of all of this…”

He blurted out… hanged open… her body stiffened as her voice got caught in … never she thought of these things… never she thought of him feeling that way… and now hearing him say all of these was like a hard punch in her heart… waking her up from her blindness… seeing the painful truth that the man in front of her now was not the same man she had loved years ago anymore…

“Now… do you want to hear more of why I did that…?”

His words were painful… stabbing her now wounded heart… drowning more of her lost pride… his stares were worse… mocking her of her insensitivity… as if pushing her to blame herself for keeping him with her all these years despite his already tired feelings for her…

“Why are you hurting me Jiyong-ah…?”

Her voice trailed off… as she slumped back on her seat…

While he on the other side is now wishing to escape this scene… even wishing to just let it end so he can finally have his peace…

She suddenly stood up which startled him a bit… he just watched her as she got her bag from her seat… she then turned to him as she finally wiped her tears…

“Am I suffocating you that much…?”

That was the right word to explain his feeling…

He didn’t spoke… he just stayed seated on one of the tables waiting for her next move… her shoulders and her lips were trembling… trying to keep herself stable… for, if she would end it with him… she would let him go in peace without feeling grudge towards him… waiting for an answer from him that would probably change everything…

His eyes locked with hers for a minute… until he decided to shift his gaze away from hers… she gasped… and dropped her gaze… for another minute silence consumed the two… no sobs could be heard anymore… as her feelings slowly became numb…

She looked up again and a forced smile crept on her trembling lips…

“Annyeong…”

She whispered… his gaze shifted back to her… only to see her back now facing him…

“Where the hell are you going now…?”

He annoyingly said but without another word she started her tracks… as a final tear escaped her eye… leaving him… the man she loved… the man she made a lot of sacrifices for… the man whom she only see… the man who taught her what love is… and the man who broke that one word together with her heart…

He stayed seated… looking towards the door as to where she left… he didn’t feel anything… for he’s sure she will come back after a while… too familiar of her moves… thinking it was just one of her tantrums… he waited…too proud of knowing she loves him too much to actually leave him just because of that…

But minutes had passed still no trace of her… why didn’t he think of that…? of course she wanted him to look for her… he thought… rolled his eyes out of irritation as he went out of the room and started to look for her…

And hour had passed but nothing… she had really gone home… he sighed as he brought his hand to brush his hair… he pulled out his phone to finally call her… she really is getting on his nerves now because of her childishness…

Her phone is turned off… he cursed… and out of irritation he dialed another number… this is what he needed right now… someone to erase the stress he had just got from the woman he once loved…

“Chaerin-ah… I’m coming over…”