The Jisoo Effect Part 1

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She read the articles.

She saw the photos.

The girl could definitely pass up as her younger sister.

 

That smile

That stare

 

One would think she should be proud.

 

But Bae Joohyun was not.

How could she?

 

Not when those same lips smile at her girlfriend.

Not when those same eyes stare happily at her Kang Seulgi.

 

Irene was fixing Seulgi’s ribbon while the Red Velvet Bear randomly kissed her lips as she did so. They were preparing for the last award show for the week and the team could be nothing but thankful. With the comeback looming in the corner, a longer period of rest would be perfect specially that Irene still needed to heal.

 

“Ooh! Unnie we would be sitting near Twice and Black Pink!” Yeri happily announced as her girlfriend prepared run towards their maknae in order to check the seat plan.

 

Before she could do so, Irene’s eyes turned into slits and pulled her girlfriend downward.

 

“You will not, I repeat. You will not go near Nayeon or Lisa today. I know Jeungyeon will come up to you. But I did promise Seungyeon I will ease up on that.”

 

Seulgi shook her head and kissed Irene’s lips. Through all the years, the Red Velvet Bear knew that it was best to just follow Joohyun. There was no point in arguing with her anyway.

 

Seulgi would always give in to her, one way or the other.

 

“My make up…” She cutely pouted but kissed Seulgi back.

 

That earned a smile and a longer exchange but both were careful not to mess up their get up.

 

“Come on lovebirds. It’s time! We don’t want to be late.” Wendy called out from outside Irene’s room.

 

The couple walked out hand in hand with Irene seemingly at ease.

 

Irene forgot one thing to check though.

 

Seulgi would be sitting beside Kim Jisoo.

 

 

@@@@@@@

 

On the way to the venue, Irene tapped Seulgi’s shoulder and kissed her cheek. She made sure no lipstick mark was on her girlfriend before sitting back comfortably.

 

“You know Irene-Unnie. You can be all possessive with Seulgi-Unnie but she won’t be just as sweet in public. I mean. She just can’t.” Joy joked but unfortunately, it earned her a light flick on her forehead from the eldest. How could she have forgotten that the leader was now sitting with them and not in front?

 

“Yah!”

 

“Sooyoungie, Irene-Unnie is already stressed out. Don’t add to it please.” Wendy scolded the tallest of Red Velvet before facing forward.

 

Joy immediately sat up properly and kept quiet. The car ride was boring, if Yeri could say so herself. She felt a little cringe on her bones when the two eldest decided to be all couple-like with their conversations.

 

But it does make them happy to know Seulgi and Irene were okay and still in love.

 

“How’s your foot?” Seulgi asked out of nowhere but it made the rest of the group smile.

“I am feeling better honey. Don’t worry.”

“If you need me let me know.”

“I will. Will you please Stop with the babying, honey?”

 

Her sprained ankle was in so much pain that she could hardly stand up. But Irene willed herself to perform with the team and she will definitely see it through. For her, the audience had seen enough of having Red Velvet perform incomplete. She will not give them that today. Not for this event.

 

The music started and the group begins their performance.

 

Every lift

Every turn

 

Irene could barely keep a straight, happy face for the crowd. But they were professionals. This was her job. She will get through it. She has to.

 

A twirl

A few steps

 

Irene was almost at the brink of tears but she held it in. She would at times receive a look from Seulgi but they both know there was no other choice.

 

A few more minutes, she would say to herself.

 

A few more minutes and she could sit quietly with Seulgi and the rest of the group.

 

Lucky girl ended and now she had to descend the stairs.

 

Her hand automatically searched for Seulgi’s despite the distance. Like magnets those hands found each other. They held the other close. But Irene noticed her bear was clutching a fist.

 

Was she mad?

Was she angry?

Was she in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter